Great Court Run

Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Great Court Run

Postby DoubleRBar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:14 am

Happy 57th birthday today (Sunday) to an Olympic champion who owns two Olympic gold medals and two Olympic silver medals.

Our birthday athlete set more than one world record during this athlete's career.

Born on a Saturday, this champion won Olympic gold medal number two on a Saturday at the age of 27.

This athlete did not have to hurdle in order to win the Olympic gold medals.

The two Olympic gold medals this person won came from two different Olympic Games.

In winning the first of the two gold medals, this champion defeated an athlete who had been undefeated in this event for over three years (41 victories).

Don't worry about the discus when trying to figure the name of this Olympic gold medalist.

Name our birthday person for this final Sunday of September.
DoubleRBar

Re: Great Court Run

Postby Olli » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:20 am

This should be easy, but I just can't figure it out. It must be someone who won in Los Angeles and had already won before it. Only Seb Coe and Ulrike Meyfart (sp.?) occur to me as such persons (Daley Thompson had to hurdle). But Coe got just one silver, didn't he? And Meyfart also certainly did not get two silvers. Hence, I am simply missing something/somebody or my logic fails in some point I cannot understand.
Olli

Postby bambam » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:23 am

Coe won 2 silvers and 2 golds - its him
bambam

Postby Olli » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:30 am

Yeah, I have to confess I had simply forgotten the Los Angeles 800m silver.
Olli

Postby DoubleRBar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Nice job, bambam and thank you, Olli for bringing up Coe's name. Happy birthday to Seb Coe. He did indeed place second in the 800 at two Olympics.
DoubleRBar