*** TriVia***


Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:31 pm

smc wrote:
Dixon wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:4. Demps or am I missing anyone?


There is a guy in the league right now with a faster PR than Demps.


Trindon? And was Gault faster than Demps?

Yep, Trindon Holliday.

If he or Demps were to run with the ball from the running back position (both were college backs) they'd be the fastest athlete to ever play running back in the NFL.

The fastest NFL back right now...Curtis Dickey, a 10.11 guy and the only running back in NFL history to be world ranked in the 100m.

Gault was a 10.10 guy. If we play era's I'd give the nod to Gault. If we simply go with PR's regardless of era, then it's Demps.

Hint.

I'm talking about a receiver.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby smc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Jacoby Ford?
smc
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 pm

smc wrote:Jacoby Ford?


Nope!

The guy is a sub10.00er.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby smc » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:01 pm

You're killin' me, Smalls!
smc
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:09 pm

Dixon wrote:
smc wrote:Jacoby Ford?


Nope!

The guy is a sub10.00er.


Jimmy Hines did play for the Fins.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:34 pm

smc wrote:You're killin' me, Smalls!


This is a tuff one.

Smalls.....hahaha!! Yes I know :D
Last edited by Dixon on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:
smc wrote:Jacoby Ford?


Nope!

The guy is a sub10.00er.


Jimmy Hines did play for the Fins.


He caught a couple passes, returned a kickoff.

But....it's not him.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Dixon wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:
smc wrote:Jacoby Ford?


Nope!

The guy is a sub10.00er.


Jimmy Hines did play for the Fins.


He caught a couple passes, returned a kickoff.

But....it's not him.


I'd guess at this point you're going for Leonard Scott
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott's 9.91 the fastest 100m ever ran by a college/pro level footballer.

I was surprised nobody mentioned John Capel.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Dixon wrote:Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott's 9.91 the fastest 100m ever ran by a college/pro level footballer.

I was surprised nobody mentioned John Capel.


I think Capel only played football a couple of seasons at UF.

While I understand why Scott would be included, I think at a certain point "footballer" becomes a loosely defined term.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott's 9.91 the fastest 100m ever ran by a college/pro level footballer.

I was surprised nobody mentioned John Capel.


I think Capel only played football a couple of seasons at UF.

While I understand why Scott would be included, I think at a certain point "footballer" becomes a loosely defined term.


Scott was the real deal.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl ... ard00.html
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Dixon wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott's 9.91 the fastest 100m ever ran by a college/pro level footballer.

I was surprised nobody mentioned John Capel.


I think Capel only played football a couple of seasons at UF.

While I understand why Scott would be included, I think at a certain point "footballer" becomes a loosely defined term.


Scott was the real deal.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl ... ard00.html


I guess
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dixon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:58 am

Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
Dixon wrote:Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott's 9.91 the fastest 100m ever ran by a college/pro level footballer.

I was surprised nobody mentioned John Capel.


I think Capel only played football a couple of seasons at UF.

While I understand why Scott would be included, I think at a certain point "footballer" becomes a loosely defined term.


Scott was the real deal.

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl ... ard00.html


I guess


You don't do this in the mighty SEC...

As kick returner, he ranked first in SEC and 11th in nation with 27.0 average ... Tied UT and SEC record with 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown

...and not be the real deal.
Dixon
 
Posts: 1339
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 am

Re: *** TriVia***

Postby Dutra5 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Dixon wrote:
You don't do this in the mighty SEC...

As kick returner, he ranked first in SEC and 11th in nation with 27.0 average ... Tied UT and SEC record with 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown

...and not be the real deal.


I guess.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests