Rest in Heavenly Peace (Coach) TONY WELLS

Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Rest in Heavenly Peace (Coach) TONY WELLS

Postby Last1 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

Tony Wells, has passed away.
Leaving us, to be with the angels, sometime last night.

May your legend, your lessons, and your love be with all who have been graced by you in life.

Peace be with you.
Last1

Re: Rest in Heavenly Peace (Coach) TONY WELLS

Postby cladthin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:08 am

Last1 wrote:Tony Wells, has passed away.
Leaving us, to be with the angels, sometime last night.

May your legend, your lessons, and your love be with all who have been graced by you in life.

Peace be with you.

Though I posted on the other thread on current events regarding Tony I feel the need to the same here. He was a tremendous coach and a really good guy (though I cannot say I knew him extremely well) who's focus as a coach was to have his athletes succeed to the point of being awarded college scholarships which happened to many of his athletes.

This is a real loss to the track and field coaching community. For those who don't know, Tony was a club coach who worked mostly with middle school and high age athletes (most of them female) in Denver and he helped to develop some of the finest high school age talent in American history especially in the sprints and hurdles though he had successful LJ, TJ and SP athletes (possibly others events?)-Collinus Newsome, SP. He coached multiple Track and Field News female high school athletes of the year.
cladthin

Postby eroszag » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:53 am

Very sad news...I have some of his educational tapes, seemed such a nice person.
R.I.P. coach..
eroszag

Postby cladthin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 am

cladthin

Postby Conor Dary » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

cladthin wrote:Link from the TFN home page.

gh puts those links on the home page, because he wants folks to go there, or don't you know that?
Conor Dary

Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Postby cladthin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 am

Conor Dary wrote:
cladthin wrote:Link from the TFN home page.

gh puts those links on the home page, because he wants folks to go there, or don't you know that?

Wow, thanks for the info! Apparently, you don't know that everyone will see it as not everyone will visit the home page regardless of the situation and for those that do they might miss the article particularly as it cycles out of the rotation.
cladthin