The Spy Who Loved Me

Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

The Spy Who Loved Me

Postby DoubleRBar » Fri May 25, 2012 7:00 am

Happy birthday today (Friday) to an Olympic champion who shares the same initials as does an Olympic champion in the 200 meters, an Olympic champion in the steeplechase, and an Olympic champion in the 110 meter hurdles.

Our birthday champion died three days after the athlete's 78th birthday (last year).

This birthday athlete also won an Olympic silver medal and the following year broke the world record.

The country of our athlete is 40% forested and the nation is as far north as 57 degrees North.

Vegetables, meat (lots of pork), and breads are very popular is this nation.

A very popular screen actor from India also shares the same initials as our birthday athlete.

An American actor, famous in a couple of James Bond films, also shares the same initials as our birthday person.

Rearrange these four numbers to get the world record our birthday athlete set: 2745.

Now, name this Olympic champion.
DoubleRBar

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me

Postby norunner » Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 am

Romuald Klim. The four numbers made it too easy, cause they really only left the hammer throw as a possibility.
norunner

Re: The Spy Who Loved Me

Postby DoubleRBar » Fri May 25, 2012 9:57 am

You got it, norunner. Happy birthday today to Romuald Klim (even though he died last year). Of course Klim won the hammer throw in Tokyo in 1964. Four years later, he took the silver medal and broke the world record in 1969 at 74.52. Klim would have been 79 today.
DoubleRBar