Best sprinter to never win an Olympic medal?


Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 am

BisonHurdler wrote:make it entirely futile to even engage in this discussion with you at any meaningful level.

I've been following the thread and the disconnects between the various posts are huge. I was going to chime in with an opinion but i realised that it would lead down the path to Futility again. Another thread consigned to the ignore pile.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:24 am

BisonHurdler wrote:
Speedfirst wrote:
Again you guys are adding qualifiers to the thread and that's not what the thread is about. So I guess now your opinion is Wiliams was better than Asafa and Asafa never won anything?



Your fundamental lack of understanding and inability to see beyond your own preconceived definition of one word (and simultaneous ability to completely ignore others' preconceived definition of one word) make it entirely futile to even engage in this discussion with you at any meaningful level.


So in other words I don't kiss your butt or agree with you.

IMO, Iike others who express theirs I stated what I believe, you got an issue with that, your issue, not mine.

Now you my friend can simply ignore any or all of my post, your choice. Keep it moving.

What I do notice quite often from many of you snubs ( yeah you) on here, is this holier than thou mindset. Your opinion is just that, an opinion, not a statement of fact. Yeah all y'all monday morning quarterbacks, sitting back and being very analytical or judging others. You don't know me from Adam, but knock yourself out, I'll continue to post when I want, how I want, without the fear of your being the PC police.

P.S. at least I added something to the subject of the thread, your contribution to this thread is what again? You my friend simply want to attempt to throw your weigh around on a message board..LOL
By the way....still Asafa hands down!!!
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:15 am

Daisy wrote:
BisonHurdler wrote:make it entirely futile to even engage in this discussion with you at any meaningful level.

I've been following the thread and the disconnects between the various posts are huge. I was going to chime in with an opinion but i realised that it would lead down the path to Futility again. Another thread consigned to the ignore pile.


There is no definitive answer to the thread question; the only facts are those used to build a substantive argument which are used to support an opinion.

In one thread people claim that the fastest person (Bolt) is the best ever, but in this thread the fact that Asafa Powell has set two world records and has been the most consistently fast person to EVER LIVE...doesn't make him the "best" to never win an Olympic medal?

Yeah, its futile.
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:54 am

TrackDaddy wrote:
Daisy wrote:
BisonHurdler wrote:make it entirely futile to even engage in this discussion with you at any meaningful level.

I've been following the thread and the disconnects between the various posts are huge. I was going to chime in with an opinion but i realised that it would lead down the path to Futility again. Another thread consigned to the ignore pile.


There is no definitive answer to the thread question; the only facts are those used to build a substantive argument which are used to support an opinion.

In one thread people claim that the fastest person (Bolt) is the best ever, but in this thread the fact that Asafa Powell has set two world records and has been the most consistently fast person to EVER LIVE...doesn't make him the "best" to never win an Olympic medal?

Yeah, its futile.


Touche TD
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:56 am

Futility is not due to to the fact that differing opinions exist.

Futility here is a consequence of ignoring all the arguments posted. Or replying to arguments that were never posted. It is a common a occurrence and rapidly kills threads.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 am

Daisy wrote:Futility is not due to to the fact that differing opinions exist.

Futility here is a consequence of ignoring all the arguments posted. Or replying to arguments that were never posted. It is a common a occurrence and rapidly kills threads.


Not adding anything related to the thread, doesn't help. Some people around here spend more time on that, sitting back waiting to poke holes, hey whatever floats your boat.
Last edited by Speedfirst on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 am

It could help. But people choose to ignore the problem.

One observation speedfirst, recently you have come down solidly for two points.

1) The best ever not to win an Olympic medal is Powell: He has the fastest time.

2) The best ever is Lewis.

Your opinions appear to be inconsistent, so to rail into posters like bad hammey who have made arguments similar to yours for Lewis seems a little strange.
Last edited by Daisy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

Daisy wrote:
Speedfirst wrote:
Daisy wrote:Futility is not due to to the fact that differing opinions exist.

Futility here is a consequence of ignoring all the arguments posted. Or replying to arguments that were never posted. It is a common a occurrence and rapidly kills threads.


Not adding anything related to the thread, doesn't help.

It could help. But people choose to ignore the problem.


What problem? The arguments, who determines they're problems? Who determine which arguments are problems and which one's aren't.

It's really a matter of semantics....some say point counter point, others say debating, some discussing, while others state arguments. Maybe, just maybe, it's in the eye of the beholder.
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:16 am

The problem is you enter threads and troll (intentionally or not). You cause every thread to enter into a tail spin. It matters not who is involved in the cocktail. The only consistent thing is your presence.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

Daisy wrote:The problem is you enter threads and troll (intentionally or not). You cause every thread to enter into a tail spin. It matters not who is involved in the cocktail. The only consistent thing is your presence.


Oh I see, I twisted your arm to say that, you never said that before. You just said arguments were the problem, my name ain't argument. Why don't you be man enough to state that in the first place instead of hiding behind the argument facade.

Every thread into a tail spin...what a joke. I don't even post in every thread. Why don't you do like your other girl friends and use your ignore button. You seem to use it, you don't reply to ALL my post, you seemingly use that discretion when you elect to.

P.S. I'll invite you as I have the other snubs, want to me to leave....make me leave. When did you last add anything related to the subject?

P.S.S. By the way holier than thou....check this thread you'll see what the arguments are. See what I first posted and then while you're at it, go to the Marion Jones thread look at my 1st post. No one needs to take you at face value, there is a paper trail.
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Daisy wrote:It could help. But people choose to ignore the problem.

One observation speedfirst, recently you have come down solidly for two points.

1) The best ever not to win an Olympic medal is Powell: He has the fastest time.

2) The best ever is Lewis.

Your opinions appear to be inconsistent, so to rail into posters like bad hammey who have made arguments similar to yours for Lewis seems a little strange.


Wrong, Daisy.

Powell doesn't have the "fastest" time (even among those who've never won an Olympic medal).

What he has done is set the WR not once, but twice and consistenly run fast times more often than any other human that has ever lived. I don't see the inconsistency you allege in Speedfirst's argument, I see error in your "facts."

Now there are those in the two threads you reference whose arguments have been inconsistent, but unfortunately you've failed to aim your criticism in their direction.

What I do see are personal attacks being thrown in his direction by you and the rest of the prude crew.
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:31 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:
Daisy wrote:It could help. But people choose to ignore the problem.

One observation speedfirst, recently you have come down solidly for two points.

1) The best ever not to win an Olympic medal is Powell: He has the fastest time.

2) The best ever is Lewis.

Your opinions appear to be inconsistent, so to rail into posters like bad hammey who have made arguments similar to yours for Lewis seems a little strange.


Wrong, Daisy.

Powell doesn't have the "fastest" time (even among those who've never won an Olympic medal).

Wasn't that the same argument that people were using for Bolt vs Lewis. Squackee, at least, was criticized by speedfirst for such an argument.

Speedfirst wrote:P.S. I'll invite you as I have the other snubs, want to me to leave....make me leave. When did you last add anything related to the subject?

Some people like to read the threads and not post. I have to contribute now to be complain about you wrecking the threads?
Last edited by Daisy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Marlow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:33 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:What I do see are personal attacks being thrown in his direction by you and the rest of the prude crew.

Stop . . . you're killing me . . . can't breathe . . . **GASP** . . . **CHOKE** :-) :-) :-) :-)
Marlow
 
Posts: 21075
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 pm

Daisy wrote:The problem is you enter threads and troll (intentionally or not). You cause every thread to enter into a tail spin. It matters not who is involved in the cocktail. The only consistent thing is your presence.


Uh oh.

"They" are after you now, Speed.

The prude patrol has begun a full fledged propagandist attack in your direction complete with blaming you for the demise of every thread.

Nevermind that Daisy was clearly wrong as pointed out in my last post when he blamed you for the crimes actually committed by fellow prude patrollers. It doesn't matter. Don't expect an apology or a retraction.

Because you have a dissenting opinion based on a principle you believe in, they will proceed to make posts like the one Daisy made here in order to "influence" you a way from here. The next post will be something like "I can't believe the moderators haven't locked this thread." You know, the kind of statements that STL Runner and a few others make on a regular basis when they dont agree with a stated position.

Maybe the resident houseboy will come to your defense? Naw, I see where he's attacking you too in another thread.
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Daisy wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:
Daisy wrote:It could help. But people choose to ignore the problem.

One observation speedfirst, recently you have come down solidly for two points.

1) The best ever not to win an Olympic medal is Powell: He has the fastest time.

2) The best ever is Lewis.

Your opinions appear to be inconsistent, so to rail into posters like bad hammey who have made arguments similar to yours for Lewis seems a little strange.


Wrong, Daisy.

Powell doesn't have the "fastest" time (even among those who've never won an Olympic medal).

Wasn't that the same argument that people were using for Bolt vs Lewis. Squackee, at least, was criticized by speedfirst for such an argument.

Speedfirst wrote:P.S. I'll invite you as I have the other snubs, want to me to leave....make me leave. When did you last add anything related to the subject?

Some people like to read the threads and not post. I have to contribute now to be complain about you wrecking the threads?


Just say that you were wrong, Daisy. Is it that hard?

You accused Speedfirst when in fact you didnt know the facts. You were WRONG when you said that Powell had the fastest time.

No? :-)

And no it wasnt him, it was ME who said Squackee's argument was inconsistent. In part because he agreed with gh's statement that if "Powell was the best (to never win Oly medal) he would have won one already." Which clearly didn't make sense because if he wins one then his name isnt in the thread to begin with! Without even thinking Squackee of course, agreed. See Squackee claimed that being fast was the reason Bolt was the best, but in this thread he agreed with a position that claimed being the fastest didn't make you the best.

See, thats where your criticism SHOULD be aimed but alas, it is not.

Who's suprised?

Speedfirst postion is that because Bolt is the fastest he isnt the best which is consistent with his belief that Powell is the best to never win a medal.

I think you owe Speedfirst an apology...lol
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby 2 cents » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:49 pm

Marlow wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:What I do see are personal attacks being thrown in his direction by you and the rest of the prude crew.

Stop . . . you're killing me . . . can't breathe . . . **GASP** . . . **CHOKE** :-) :-) :-) :-)


Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"7-sided" wrote:

It is not all of the former trackshark posters, but since the biggest offender is the one who posts most and is emotionally conditioned to rebut every post that constructively criticizes his style, it just seems that way.

It is also sad that the biggest offender has now tried to invoke the VICTIM card (and NOT too veiled race card, but I'm sure that will be disavowed ...) with disingenuous gems like:

- I'm from the "other side"
- fighting for acceptance has been the real world for me all my life
- portraying TFN.com as a clique of snobs and elites
- "own kind"

And then admit that he has no intention of following the rules of the community by saying

-I want to read opinions and post my own according to my own responsible thought provoking unique style.

After Trackshark shut down, that same poster was summarily "run off" of another board I read where the posters there were about 95% non-"old white men" because he tried to usurp their community with the same aggravating, hostile, defensive style. That board made TFN.com read like Harper's and he was crucified by the posters there. So, now he is here to ruin everyones experience because he could not 'hack it' in less friendlier confines. The exact behavioral characteristics of a Bully. A messageboard bully.
2 cents
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 am

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Speedfirst...

Where art thou's accusers?!?

LOL
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:Where art thou's accusers?!?L

Every thread you are in deteriorates. Does this happen on other message board too?
Last edited by Daisy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby SQUACKEE » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

TrackDaddy wrote: Without even thinking Squackee of course, agreed.


I actually thought about it for days and that is why your insult hurts so deeply. I was totally wrong, ok what do i win?
SQUACKEE
 
Posts: 12885
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Heaven-In front of stereo listenin to re-mastered Beatles

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Dasiy...

Who Me?

What did I do but point out that YOU WERE WRONG and defend Speedfirst when YOU attacked him with misinformation?

And now you're turning your propagandists attitude on me by saying I made the thread deteriorate...lol.

Have you even commented on the thread topic from YOUR perspective?

Nope.

All you did was jump in and attack Speedfirst when you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Apologize. lol
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:
Daisy wrote:
TrackDaddy wrote:Where art thou's accusers?!?L

Every thread you are in deteriorates. Does this happen on other message board too?

Me?

The royal you.

TrackDaddy wrote:All you did was jump in and attack Speedfirst when you didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

Apologize. lol

I agree it was not speedfirst, I just checked back and it was gh that made the comment about him being the 'fastest'.

But that was not the thrust of the point. My point was stop taking over the threads. Just read back over the thread. As soon as you two start arguing over definitions it is destroyed for the lurkers.
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby STL_Runner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:16 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:You know, the kind of statements that STL Runner and a few others make on a regular basis when they dont agree with a stated position.

Hey, I made that statement ONE time. I didn't even state that I thought the thread SHOULD be locked, just that I had a feeling it was going to be considering every other thread about that topic always was.

I will say though that this thread, like many others, was going in the right direction until Speedfirst turned it into a pissing match with his typical "that's your opinion, not fact, you can ignore me, your choice, knock yourself out, I'll post how I want, your issue, not mine" rant.
STL_Runner
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:17 pm

Speedfirst and I didn't begin the argument over definitions of the word "best", Daisy.

GH did.

It was Speedfirst's opinion that was attacked...remember? Speedfirst merely agreed with me.

Didn't you just post that information? Did you read it first? What about after?

Do you people ever come clean?
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby Daisy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:32 pm

We know what the title of the thread is, stopping trying to put words into others mouths. We all have different opinions and criteria but you consider that people must not understand the title of the thread rather than accept that these differing opinions exist.

Speedfirst wrote:gh...the question isn't who was kept from the Olympics, that's another question and thread all by itself.


Speedfirst wrote:
Conor Dary wrote:Meanwhile Powell was fifth twice in the Olympics.


Again you guys are adding qualifiers to the thread and that's not what the thread is about. So I guess now your opinion is Wiliams was better than Asafa and Asafa never won anything?


Speedfirst wrote:
DecFan wrote:Any sprinter who was the best 100m runner in the world for two years or more and never won an Olympic medal would be ahead of him on this list.

Not what the thread states, put those runners you're referring to resume up against Asafa.


TrackDaddy wrote:The thread question asked who's the best to never win an Olympic medal.

So how can someone claim in the same thread that someone is disqualified because "if they were the best they would have won one by now?!?!"


Speedfirst wrote:
bad hammy wrote:Why are you guys wasting all of our time running on about Asafa here? It is a moot point - Gay is demonstrably better than Powell and also lacks Olympic hardware.


Your opinion, especially as it relates to this thread, so we'll kindly continue, now you can decide not to.


All of the above is just side tracking the thread.

Only after all that did STL_Runner write.
STL_Runner wrote:Of course it's his opinion. That's what this thread is about! Why do insist on making posts like this on so many different threads?

Can we PLEASE get an Ignore feature on this site?

And you wonder why?
Daisy
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby STL_Runner » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Daisy wrote:Only after all that did STL_Runner write.
STL_Runner wrote:Can we PLEASE get an Ignore feature on this site?

And you wonder why?

Let me clarify that the person I want to put on my ignore list is Speedfirst, not TrackDaddy. TrackDaddy cracks me up too much. I like having him around (most of the time, ha ha).
STL_Runner
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby 2 cents » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Texas or Avante or whatever he chooses to call himself must be sitting back and laughing...
2 cents
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 am

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Um, Daisy...you might want to examine your post by grasping the context.

My post that you quote is indeed factual and not based on any subjective position or criteria whatsoever.

None.

Go back and take a look or...

Just ask Squackee. :-)

That seems to be part of the problem. You either don't have all the facts or you're struggling to grasp them while being overly anxious to criticize and blame others.
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby TrackDaddy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:53 pm

STL_Runner wrote:
Daisy wrote:Only after all that did STL_Runner write.
STL_Runner wrote:Can we PLEASE get an Ignore feature on this site?

And you wonder why?

Let me clarify that the person I want to put on my ignore list is Speedfirst, not TrackDaddy. TrackDaddy cracks me up too much. I like having him around (most of the time, ha ha).


I like having you around too.

I mean FWIW since I doubt that me having that opinion will ever do you any good around here...lol
TrackDaddy
 
Posts: 4785
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: The Command Post

Postby bad hammy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:11 pm

I see td and sf have fucked up another thread - a huge surprise.
bad hammy
 
Posts: 10880
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:04 pm

STL_Runner wrote:
Daisy wrote:Only after all that did STL_Runner write.
STL_Runner wrote:Can we PLEASE get an Ignore feature on this site?

And you wonder why?

Let me clarify that the person I want to put on my ignore list is Speedfirst, not TrackDaddy. TrackDaddy cracks me up too much. I like having him around (most of the time, ha ha).
.

This from the guy who claimed and stated I hate him...surprise..surprise.
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Speedfirst » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:09 pm

TrackDaddy wrote:Speedfirst...

Where art thou's accusers?!?

LOL


Yeah TD...reminds me of the Denzel Washington character in Glory...when he said...you wants to fight me don't you Snow Flake..LOL


We get accused of taking over, rail roading threads, however we make post related to the thread still get jumped all over..LOL

I know the lynch mob around here wants us gone like in yesterday.
Speedfirst
 
Posts: 3368
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am

Postby Marlow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:09 pm

2 cents wrote:A messageboard bully.

The rest of that post lost me, but I hope this statement is about me, becuz that would be so freakin' cool if somebody would characterize ME as a bully!

But then I realized that 2 cents has no credibility left after that Marlow = 7-sided debacle. That's the trouble with inside jokes, 2 cents: when you say them with a straight face, people think you're serious and then when it turns out badly, it's too late to say, 'just kidding'.

My best advice is to retire that moniker and start again (are you on your fourth?). I had to retire tafnut when gh got so jealous that tafnut had a higher post count than he did! :wink:
Marlow
 
Posts: 21075
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Postby 2 cents » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Marlow, I never wrote "message board bully" and you know it...I was quoting "7-sided," or rather, you, to show how much scorn you feel for TrackDaddy...You are 7-sided and everybody knows it...
2 cents
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 am

Postby dukehjsteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:30 pm

re the above, everybody does not know it. I do not know it, for one. If Marlow says he is not 7- sided I for one believe him.
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Postby Marlow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

2 cents wrote:Marlow, I never wrote "message board bully" and you know it...I was quoting "7-sided," or rather, you, to show how much scorn you feel for TrackDaddy...You are 7-sided and everybody knows it...

Oh, my bad! I feel zero scorn for Track Daddy (or speedfirst). They are passionate about T&F, therefore they are the 'good guys'. I rarely agree with what they post, which is just fine, this being a forum for contrasting ideas.

As far as the 7-sided thing goes . . . I still don't understand why you want to make the log-in of '2 cents' appear insane. How does that help your credibility? It seriously makes you look MattMarriottish! Even a cursory overview of his posting druthers makes it obvious. The only thing I can think of is that you have made '2 cents' appear so boorish in so many threads, so often, that you were about to retire it anyway, and wanted to go out as the craziest troll in town.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21075
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Postby 2 cents » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:34 pm

OK, anybody who is smart and paying attention knows that Marlow is 7-sided. You can decide where you fit dukesteve...
2 cents
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 am

Postby dukehjsteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:36 pm

2 cents wrote:OK, anybody who is smart and paying attention knows that Marlow is 7-sided. You can decide where you fit dukesteve...


I well know where I fit 20 mills, and sure is not anywhere in any universe you live in. Not by a long shot.
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Postby 2 cents » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 pm

OK, dukesteve, you are not very smart. I am bored by this subject...However, the truth is the truth...
2 cents
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:45 am

Postby dukehjsteve » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:41 pm

2 cents wrote:OK, dukesteve, you are not very smart. I am bored by this subject...However, the truth is the truth...


Sticks and stones may hurt my bones but names will never harm me. Having said that 20 mills, go insult someone else. You have gotten very boring. So now I am abandoning this inane discussion and going to watch the baseball game. Good night.
dukehjsteve
 
Posts: 6054
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fishers, IN

Postby Marlow » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 pm

2 cents wrote:OK, dukesteve, you are not very smart. I am bored by this subject...However, the truth is the truth...

This is not boring me at all, because psychotic minds always fascinate me. I just found this post by 7-s:

7-sided wrote:A little story about Canada's stupid policy.

There was this athlete named Charles Allen who did not have the A-standard in 2004. Luckily (or should we say "smart") for him he was "in the relay pool". Since he was already there, he was allowed to run the 110h.

1 4 Xiang Liu CHN 12.91 (=WR) 0.139
2 6 Terrence Trammell USA 13.18 . 0.154
3 7 Anier García CUB 13.20 (SB) 0.169
4 5 Maurice Wignall JAM 13.21 . 0.164
5 2 Stanislavs Olijars LAT 13.21 . 0.174
6 1 Charles Allen CAN 13.48 . 0.139
7 8 Mateus Facho Inocêncio BRA 13.49 . 0.169
8 3 Ladji Doucouré FRA 13.76 . 0.204

At some point, it's not about development, it's about being malicious. You have to wonder how many potential finalists are being left home, and have been left home since the institution of this policy. :roll:


I see I am now an expert on Canada's Oly policies - AWESOME! I'm getting smarter without even trying now!!! :D

At some point (in the near future, I suspect), you will realize that you've put too many eggs in the Crazy Basket, and you're gonna have to 'disappear' Mr. 2C.
Ben Hall could convince you, unless you're too far gone already.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21075
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 7 guests