The Mexico City Wind Gauge [mTJ]


Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Re: The Mexico City Wind Gauge [mTJ]

Postby dj » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:49 am

bambam wrote:So it seems like DJ is postulating a second gauge operator conspiracy - sort of like a second shooter theory


Arlen Specter was my senator. Doesn't mean I go along with a magic-wind gauge theory!
dj
 
Posts: 6199
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Re:

Postby dj » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 am

Olli wrote:
pela2 wrote:
WR progression if we don't count Beamon's jump

8.95 +0.3 Mike Powell 1 Tokyo 30.08.1991
8.79 +1.9 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 19.06.1983
8.76 +1.0 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 24.07.1982
8.62 +0.8 Carl Lewis 1 Sacramento 20.06.1981
8.54 +0.9 Lutz Dombrowski 1 Moskva 28.07.1980
8.52 ±0.0 Larry Myricks 1 Montréal 26.08.1979
8.45 +2.0 Nenad Stekic 1 Montréal 25.07.1975
8.35 +0.8 Josef Schwarz 1 Stuttgart 15.07.1970
8.35A ±0.0 Igor Ter-Ovanesyan 1 Ciudad de México 19.10.1967
8.35 ±0.0 Ralph Boston 1 Modesto 29.05.1965

Edit: added 8.35 by Igor Ter-O amd Schwarz


Why is Emmiyan's 886 from 1987 not included here?


Tsakhkadzor is another altitude site, c1840m
dj
 
Posts: 6199
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: The Mexico City Wind Gauge [mTJ]

Postby user4 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 am

dj wrote:
bambam wrote:So it seems like DJ is postulating a second gauge operator conspiracy - sort of like a second shooter theory


Arlen Specter was my senator. Doesn't mean I go along with a magic-wind gauge theory!


Fortunately there is a 24 fps video taken from a grassy area near the events to corroborate!
user4
 
Posts: 1434
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Re:

Postby Olli » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:04 pm

dj wrote:
Olli wrote:
pela2 wrote:
WR progression if we don't count Beamon's jump

8.95 +0.3 Mike Powell 1 Tokyo 30.08.1991
8.79 +1.9 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 19.06.1983
8.76 +1.0 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 24.07.1982
8.62 +0.8 Carl Lewis 1 Sacramento 20.06.1981
8.54 +0.9 Lutz Dombrowski 1 Moskva 28.07.1980
8.52 ±0.0 Larry Myricks 1 Montréal 26.08.1979
8.45 +2.0 Nenad Stekic 1 Montréal 25.07.1975
8.35 +0.8 Josef Schwarz 1 Stuttgart 15.07.1970
8.35A ±0.0 Igor Ter-Ovanesyan 1 Ciudad de México 19.10.1967
8.35 ±0.0 Ralph Boston 1 Modesto 29.05.1965

Edit: added 8.35 by Igor Ter-O amd Schwarz


Why is Emmiyan's 886 from 1987 not included here?


Tsakhkadzor is another altitude site, c1840m


Yes, but the point was the wind, not altitude, wasn't it? (Ter-Ovanesyan's Mexico result was added here, too.)
Olli
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:44 am

Re: Re:

Postby dj » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:06 am

Olli wrote:
dj wrote:
Olli wrote:
pela2 wrote:
WR progression if we don't count Beamon's jump

8.95 +0.3 Mike Powell 1 Tokyo 30.08.1991
8.79 +1.9 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 19.06.1983
8.76 +1.0 Carl Lewis 1 Indianapolis 24.07.1982
8.62 +0.8 Carl Lewis 1 Sacramento 20.06.1981
8.54 +0.9 Lutz Dombrowski 1 Moskva 28.07.1980
8.52 ±0.0 Larry Myricks 1 Montréal 26.08.1979
8.45 +2.0 Nenad Stekic 1 Montréal 25.07.1975
8.35 +0.8 Josef Schwarz 1 Stuttgart 15.07.1970
8.35A ±0.0 Igor Ter-Ovanesyan 1 Ciudad de México 19.10.1967
8.35 ±0.0 Ralph Boston 1 Modesto 29.05.1965

Edit: added 8.35 by Igor Ter-O amd Schwarz


Why is Emmiyan's 886 from 1987 not included here?


Tsakhkadzor is another altitude site, c1840m


Yes, but the point was the wind, not altitude, wasn't it? (Ter-Ovanesyan's Mexico result was added here, too.)


Sorry, missed the point. Particularly as Ter-O's mark was in there.
dj
 
Posts: 6199
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests