Terry Bradshaw & Russ Francis

Forum devoted to track & field items of an historical nature.

Terry Bradshaw & Russ Francis

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:40 pm

What do these former professional football players have in common in terms of T&F?

Re: Terry Bradshaw & Russ Francis

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:34 pm

Didnt Bradshaw hold the high school shot put record for a while.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:35 pm

National High School Javelin Records. Part II: Name players on the same 49er team as Francis who had notable t&f backgrounds?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:53 pm

Besides Michael Carter and Renaldo Nehemiah ... : ) ?

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:55 pm

Jeff Stover (who, like Francis was a former T&F athlete at the University of Oregon).

Michael Carter.

Dwight Clark. Not sure if he was on the track team at Clemson, but I think he set a city long jump record in high school in Charlotte.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:56 pm

Buckeye you win!!! Now to your quiz. One of the players was Renaldo Neiamiah(sp)and maybe too early but Jim Johnson, Rafer's brother, who was the NCAA 120 high hurdles champion. Not sure if Michael Carter played at the same time as Francis.
Also maybe too early was Kermit Alexander, who was the NCAA triple jump champion from UCLA.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:02 pm

Russ Francis, Michael Carter, Jeff Stover, Renaldo Nehemiah, and Dwight Clark were all on the Super Bowl XIX roster. (1985)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/sb_xix.html

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:08 am

Stover, Nehemiah, & Carter were the big three Iwas looking for. I believe you are correct on Clark's hs long jump as well. I'm sure there are several others , but the big four mentioned are/were exceptional t&f athletes.