Where is Gabe Jennings ?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Where is Gabe Jennings ?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:10 pm

Where is Gabe Jennings ? I know where he is ----

He is off hiding from reality of the real world and stiff competition. Money isn't the only thing he's been robbed of -- how about backbone and the courage to face top level competition, get beat, work harder, and come back for more.....

Waaaaaaah !
Waaaaaaah !
Waaaaaaah !

Re: Where is Gabe Jennings ?

Postby 197hjsteve » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:17 pm

does anyone ever say anything NICE about anyone on this Message Board ?

It is a free country and if Mr. Jennings wants to take a year off, or his whole life off, what right does anyone have to criticize him ? It's HIS life !
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:23 pm

I have the right to say what I want because .......... as you said it - It's a free country !!!!!

Postby 197hjsteve » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:27 pm

Ludvig, you are correct, you do have a right to criticize him, I overstated, sorry, but why do it ?
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:37 pm

Please let's not start this one again. I, for one, am glad he's disappeared from T&F.

Postby gh » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:31 pm

I saw him have a very warm reunion w/ Vin as the meet ended on Sunday.

An hour later he was out pounding his way on the road up to "The Dish." Looked pretty healthy.
gh

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:03 pm

I will say what I want to say. Thank you. Nobody cares where Jennings is or what he's doing. He's probably dancing or clapping or whatever it is he does.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:21 pm

I usually like your posts, Steve, but you're way off on Gabe.

Track needs more Gabes . . . crazy thinkers who appeal to a wider audience.

What Gabe is doing is unconventional, to be sure, but it is exactly what a brilliant nut like Percy Cerutty might have recommended. Cerutty was always trying to get Herb Elliott to attempt a 100-mile run.

Think of Mormon runners, who take a couple years off at Gabe's age to do a mission. You might think this would hurt the runners, except, amazingly, these runners always seem to come back stronger! Grant Robison is just the latest case.

Think of Gabe as doing his New Age mission!

Postby tafnut » Wed Jun 25, 2003 5:44 pm

"Nobody cares where Jennings is or what he's doing."

Extremely poor thought. Many, many people DO care. You are not the world, sir.
tafnut

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:43 pm

Mr. Jenning is probably in some native village in the Amazon getting bombed with Jim Morrison.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:03 am

And dodging coconuts thrown by monkeys!

Postby Twister » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:37 am

Marion Jones is entitled to a year off. So is Gabe. Actually Marion would look funny running about now. A dude I know said he is shocked she could become pregnant because of past "abuses" on her body. So I said "what do you Mean?" He goes, "she was married to CJ Hunter, 'nuff said". What the hell does that mean? Guilty by association I guess. Hope everything is okay with her and her child. out.
Twister

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:29 am

agreed. I use to think jennings was a freak when I was running against him. but now I see him as a pretty ballsy dude. he did something a little out of the ordinary and if it works him he'll be a stud.
I could think of worse things.
at least he didn't drop out of college and go back to training with his lame-ass high school coach.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:01 am

Jennings personal adventures are more interesting than his track career.

Maybe he is training with some pygmies in the Amazon right now.

Postby 197hjsteve » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:24 am

Rich, take a close look at that post before your last one... it says 197hgsteve whereas I am 197hjsteve. Someone is playing childish games out there. I did not send that post.

If people cannot be 1) honest, 2) adults, then this whole Message Board is going to deteriorate..look at all the idiocy of the sprintman thing. If this keeps up , either people using phony names/multiple names, plus making anti social and/or immature comments, I for one will stop participating.

GARRY ARE YOU LISTENING ??!!
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:41 am

> Actually Marion would look funny running
>about now. A dude I know said he is shocked she
>could become pregnant because of past "abuses"
>on her body. So I said "what do you Mean?" He
>goes, "she was married to CJ Hunter, 'nuff
>said". What the hell does that mean? >>

Means he was on top once and she has a crushed pelvis.

Postby 197hjsteve » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:45 am

I KNEW someone would say something like that... I guess we are all dirt bags. I know I am.
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:49 am

This thread has certainly skewed way off-topic! Nonetheless, the last exchange requires comment. I don't believe Marion, despite her affiliation with the tarnished CJ, is/was a user (obviously that's where the innuendo is going, understandably). She can be the WFW without.

But, HYPOTHETICALLY, if she had been "abusing" there's no reason to think that would render her incapable of having children. One need look no farther than the conniving dope fiends of the DDR, where in addition to a stiff regimen of all kinds of anabolics, they discovered they could make their women even better by running them through childbirth cycle, changing the hormones. That combo worked just fine.

Of course later on they discovered that the childbirth part of it wasn't necessary, so they simply had the athletes get pregnant, then they'd have them aborted when they got past the important part in the cycle.

Nah, there's no need for the IAAF to come up with new World Records; we're all still playing under the same rules, right?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:59 am

197hjsteve (and others). GH has pointed out that simply registering your name is the answer. Don't want to lose you, and the many others who post regularly but are being harrased.

Postby 197hjsteve » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:00 pm

Sex is more fun to talk about than drugs. And I think Marion was/is clean as a whistle. Seems like a great lady and a great athlete. We need more like her.

And though it absolutely nobody's business, I have a feeling that her marriage ended right then and there in Sydney when CJ was unmasked.
197hjsteve

Postby 197hjsteve » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:05 pm

el supremo, I'll never leave. But it sure ticked me off when someone left a message, signing it with a letter different than mine. Suppose some idiot left some ridiculous message and signed it Ej Supremo ?
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:26 pm

Anybody else believe the world is flat?

Postby 197hjsteve » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:30 pm

Ha ha.
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:32 pm

See you and raise you one! :-)