classic track

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

classic track

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:49 pm

im sure lots of people were up but at 10 am this morning espn classic aired classic track, it featured races with jim ryun, steve prefontaine and many more, one of the races was when jim ryun's world record mile was broken. that was great. id love to c more of this on tv in the future.

Re: classic track

Postby seamus » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:53 pm

I only wish I had known ahead of time! When will it be rebroadcast? I actually jogged with Jim Ryun before the Bloomington Breakaway at IU in 1985. He is really a nice guy!
seamus

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:16 pm

dunno i was just flipping through the channels

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:41 pm

J squire posted a link on the "Track on TV" thread a few hours ago, it has details for the next month or so. Tried pasting it here but my PC is misbehaving. Next program is this Wednesday if my memory serves me correctly.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:32 pm

ESPN Classic's "Classic Sports Spectacular" has no description either on ESPN's website or in any TV listing service I've found. Just tape it every day and see what you get. Today's theme was "The Russians Are Coming" and part of the show was the 1969 USA-USSR-Commonwealth meet. But they only showed the men's 100m, 110H and 4x100 along with the women's 100m.

Postby seamus » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:35 pm

Thanks!
seamus