Mo Greene 200 Final

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Mo Greene 200 Final

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:54 pm

Mo Greene finishes fourth in the 200 semi's out of land 1, and then pulls his usual limping routine after he crosses the line. GOOD ONE! I guess I haven't seen that one before!

BOY, it sure was a real surprise to me then to not see MO show up for his 200 final out in lane 1 later during the day!

I'm waiting for his excuse!

Re: Mo Greene 200 Final

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:57 pm

thats exactly wut i thought. didnt he say earlier he wanted to win the worlds in the 200? kinda hard to when ur not going to race. wut a wus, he kinda reminds me of this guy on my track team who always pulls up when hes ab to lose

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:07 pm

hey i got one of those on my team too hahahahah

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:52 pm

Looked just like the match race between mic Johnson and Donavan Bailey in Canada a few years back. MJ pulls up "lame" after Bailey
pulls away. You don't see the British lads pulling this cowardly rubish.

Postby blacklily » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:35 pm

>Looked just like the match race between mic
>Johnson and Donavan Bailey in Canada a few years
>back. MJ pulls up "lame" after Bailey
pulls
>away. You don't see the British lads pulling this
>cowardly rubish.

Really? What about the several "hammy pulls" that Chambers & Lewis-Francis claimed to have in several races last summer. I believe the Commonwealth Games was one such meet. Or Chambers pulling out of the Euro Cup?
blacklily

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 9:50 pm

the british have not not jack since linford christie in 92-93

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:32 pm

Right on. I'm glad some can see through the charade. I'm tired of all the theatrics. If you're not good enough to win, then be a man and admit it. Don't talk s@#$ and then pull up lame. Sorry Maurice.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:04 am

Let's see then ... every injury that a sprinter has is fake then, right?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:15 am

WOW - all injuries are not fake - the writers are just pointing out an obvious (and embarrasing for the sport) trend of sprinters "pulling up" and expecting us to believe it.

How often do distance runners (MUCH prepared and practiced in sprinting) pull up at the end of their races - Geb? Tergat? Morceli? ElG? Coe? - these guys are closing fast and rarely pull up - yet it is a common occurance among sprinters - who should be trained for it. Why can Geb run a 24s final 200 while a supposed world class sprinter pulls up at 21 sec. in almost EVERY meet?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:17 am

El, supermo, or what ever your name is, you are a fool. A 24 second 200 is a jog for a sprinter. You would never know how fast 21 flat or sub 21 feels. Having run 20.2 in my day I know.There is a huge difference. In order to maintain that velocity everything needs to be ready, when slight mistake in form, or warm up or even hydration can cause a problem. Just like a drag car, one little mistake can blow the race.I saw Mo run 12 consecutive 24 second 200's two year ago at the olympic traning center. He was base training. His rest was 90 sec. It was an easy practice for him. You are actually sort of funny.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:50 am

I know what 21 flat feels like - ran several 100m strides this morning after my run and I believe (no auto-timing) I was sub 21 for all eight of em'!

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:04 am

what year did you run 20.2 ? how high did you rank ? did you make the us team ?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:05 am

>Let's see then ... every injury that a sprinter
>has is fake then, right?

No, all injuries are not fake, however, Maurice Green pulls this stunt all the time so he has lost his credibility as far as I am concerned. He hasn't posted fast times over 200 meters consistently since his world title. He Knew that he was no match for Jarvis and John so he backed down like a coward. Some of our American sprinters just don't seem fearless anymore. Who can blaim spectators for believing that every injury is a hoax?

Postby Twister » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:44 am

I am glad to run under :27. Mo Greene seems like he is gutless. I know some of the TV game shows I have seen him on he comes off as a clueless moron. World Class speed doesn't mean a world class mind.
Twister

Postby abinferno » Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:49 am

It's the same game that MJ and Maurice pulled in the 2000 olympic trials. Convenient that both were getting roasted and both pulled up. At least Michael made a show of it and actually fell down.
abinferno

Postby 197hjsteve » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:02 pm

As much as I am not a Mo fan, I think the Oly Trials 200 blow up was with legit stops by both of them. But to the present....

Mo is just not a likeable personality. You have never seen him make any Madison Avenue money and you never will.
Comes across as an egotistical loudmouth.

He may not be such, for all I know he is a great guy. But that's his image, fair or otherwise.
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:16 pm

What year was that ? Can you verify this or should we dismiss this as another liar?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:19 pm

>I am glad to run under :27. Mo Greene seems like
>he is gutless. I know some of the TV game shows
>I have seen him on he comes off as a clueless
>moron. World Class speed doesn't mean a world
>class mind.

I agree, when he was on blind date he looked like a big idiot. This guy is the worst with interviews. I bet his vocabulary is like 5 words long which is not going to cut it for a T&F icon.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:47 pm

>As much as I am not a Mo fan, I think the Oly
>Trials 200 blow up was with legit stops by both
>of them. But to the present....

Mo is just
>not a likeable personality. You have never seen
>him make any Madison Avenue money and you never
>will.
Comes across as an egotistical loudmouth.
>

He may not be such, for all I know he is a
>great guy. But that's his image, fair or
>otherwise.

I've always thought he seemed like a pretty good bloke. He's only really got mouthy when provoked by the likes of MJ & Monty (who I can't stand). I've seen him around so.cal meets, and at UCLA, dozens of times and he certainly doesn't act like a prima donna.

Steve...different topic. Did you see that 9 out of the 19 high jumpers NH-ed in the final? That has to be some kind of record!

Postby Twister » Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:56 pm

Saw Mo on an ESPN game show and I think the show with Regis(who wants to be....). He seemed real out of place among those that don't want to worship him or listen to his trash talk. Come to think of it, I haven't seen to many athletes who can really think on their feet outside of their sports.
Twister

Postby 197hjsteve » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:12 pm

yes, I saw all the nh's. I bet it was windy and/or they all were a little too optimistic and intent on "saving" themselves for higher heights.

Made the same mistake once or twice myself, albeit at drastically lower starting height.
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:20 pm

>yes, I saw all the nh's. I bet it was windy
>and/or they all were a little too optimistic and
>intent on "saving" themselves for higher
>heights.

Made the same mistake once or twice
>myself, albeit at drastically lower starting
>height.

I'm assuming it was the wind. The height was only 2.17m which shouldn't have created such havoc. I only did it once. Unfortunately it was at the OG! (take-off knee was injured)

Postby 197hjsteve » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:26 pm

Mark, I am going to do a little research and figu re out who you are. Don't you tell me, that's no fun. Let me do it. Can't be too many Brit HJ'ers at your level, which I think you said was 2.24.
197hjsteve

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:27 pm

LOL! ok, go for it!

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:04 pm

I do not need to clarify who I am, when I ran my times, or what teams I have made. Let's just say I have made indoor and outdoor world championship teams in the 200. I have never made an Olympic team. However, I have plenty of experience in Grand Prix meets and i am credible. It seems to me like all of you are just fans that think everything is hunkydory. I would tell you who I was but I have no interest in geting your crap e-mails, and developing a friendship.We'll leave it at that.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:08 pm

another liar? show me one person in the world that can run under 21 8 times within even two hours and I will give them one of my cars.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:49 pm

Thanos can run that

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:15 pm

he ran 100 strides under 21, not 200s.

> I know what 21 flat feels like - ran several
> 100m strides this morning after my run and I > believe (no auto-timing) I was sub 21 for all > eight of em'!

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:20 pm

(sub 21 over 100 meters)Now thats hillarious! Obviously sprintman didn't get the joke.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:41 pm

His name is Mark Naylor - PB is (as you say) 2.24m, jumped at Plymouth around this time of year 23 years ago!!

Mark - I won't tell them your age, but you're as old as my Mom. Let's leave it at that! :-)

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:00 pm

Your right, I didn't get the joke. I'm so used to how seriously you ladies take everything that O wasn't looking for it. As for 20.2, think what you want.The funny thing is I know who I am, most of you would probably ask me for my autograph.I love track fans, not asses like you who probably had a problem with the US 1500. You idiots don't even realize that now and day's our shoe deals are based on place finishes. My shoe deal alone was a 30 thousand dollar bonus to make a World or Olympic team. Those guys ran for place, not for time. You would know if you knew what type of pressures come with sponsors and agents. Why do you think Webb fell on his face so hard.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:04 pm

Oh, by the way. You guys always want facts about athletes on drugs, I finally give in and report somebody who's been proven and my message get's deleated. Funny how that works.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:47 pm

sure with my car !
thanks for the compliment anyway

Postby abinferno » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:51 pm

Who did you say has been proven to be on drugs?
abinferno

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:02 pm

>His name is Mark Naylor - PB is (as you say)
>2.24m, jumped at Plymouth around this time of
>year 23 years ago!!

Mark - I won't tell them
>your age, but you're as old as my Mom. Let's
>leave it at that! :-)

That's correct...thanks a bunch for the age dig! When I jumped that the bar was set at 2.25m, they re-measured it since it was a record and it came in at 2.243/4 which was bloody annoying, to say the least. Do I know you, since I'm as old as your mum I doubt it! I do have a bunch of stories about the 70's-80's. One that comes to mind is Steve Ovett getting wasted after he lost the 1500m in Moscow and throwing up in my bathtub!

Re: sprinters on this site, incl. the guy above. Why are they all such wankers? At least this guy can write properly though. His very good points are spoiled by the bile by which he expresses his opinion. Lighten up for god's sake.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:06 pm

Who do you think you are? Tyree Washington, yeah right! 20.2 in what event? The 60.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:15 pm

SPRINTMAN YOU SOUND LIKE A SOCIOPATH TO ME
believe i dont care to be your friend or get your autograph

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:20 pm

i could find only two guys that made both the indoor and outdoor team for the world champs kevin little and roshaan grifin, i think both have run faster than 20.2 and made the outdoor and indoor final in 99. little is retired and does not seem like a guy who would make an ass of himself on a message board. roshaan i dont know very well, but i dont think he would act like this either. sprintman you are a LIAR !

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:25 pm

>Oh, by the way. You guys always want facts about
>athletes on drugs, I finally give in and report
>somebody who's been proven and my message get's
>deleated. Funny how that works.

What guy did you report? Are you saying you report was deleted off of this forum?

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:38 pm

no rb, the more sprintman talks the deeper a hole he winds up in. he claimed he made the team both indoors and outdoors and run 20.2. like i said earlier i could find only two people that did that or better and he is not either. sounds to me like pure bull....

Next