Lashinda Demus

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Lashinda Demus

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:00 pm

She's competing unattached in the same event Tiffany Ross is running for South Carolina. Interesting....

Re: Lashinda Demus

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 12:20 am

Lashinda
can do whatever she wants
she is that talented

Postby bubba » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:04 am

Since she was inelligible for SECs, East Regionals, and NCAAs I doubt U. South Carolina would think it appropriate to run such an athlete at attached to the univeristy.
bubba

Postby blacklily » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:32 am

Check out this article. Demus says Coach Frye is still coaching her, even though she was suspended from the team. She will be back at South Carolina next season.

http://sports.excite.com/news/06202003/v4724.html
blacklily

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:38 am

She's inelligible because she doesn't think she's required to go to class or that the rules of academic eligibility apply to her. I hope she doesn't compete again for any university.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:45 pm

who..

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:56 pm

she is one of the great young girl talents,like allyson felix ,sanya richardson, tiffany mcwilliams and others, if she had a problem with classes, she should take it as a learning experience, study harder and dont blow a potentially great career, i wish her well.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:40 pm

unfortunately did poorly today in the final, finsihed last. i expected her to contend for a spot on the team especially without having to run all these races at regionals and ncaa this year. she is still learning the event, i mean glover did not make the team until she was 30

Postby oldvaulter » Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:52 pm

I expected better from Lashinda today too. I hope she gets herself grounded and hangs in there. She's a great talent.

Raasin McIntosh deserves great credit for her terrific performance today as she has also gone through the gruelling NCAA grind before this weekend's nationals. She's another athlete with great potential.

Regina Jacobs continues to amaze and delight. We've gotten used to her success, but it's really remarkable at her age. Today I watched her very carefully and was newly impressed with what a beautiful runner she is. Suzy F-H, by contrast, runs with stiff body and hunched shoulders.

Kelli White looks like a world beater this weekend, and she's had a great season. But the springs are fickle, and we'll see how well she holds up this summer and at worlds.
oldvaulter

Postby tafnut » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:00 pm

Did no one else notice in the telecast that Regina was constantly crowding SFH and brushing her. It may be legal and a very Euro thing to do, but it sure looked like poor sportsmanship. I[ve seen her do that before to Suzy - I'm losing respect.
tafnut

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:21 pm

sounds like an excuse hamilton would make. regina has won four medals (in and out), hamilton has always choked in the big meets. i am sensing another one this year...

Postby tafnut » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:39 pm

As a fellow Stanford alum, I've always been a big Jacobs fan, and I agree that SFH has had her issues in the past, but I'm just telling you what I've seen. I am certainly not SFH's apologist.
tafnut

Postby blacklily » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:27 pm

>I expected better from Lashinda today too. I
>hope she gets herself grounded and hangs in
>there. She's a great talent.

Raasin McIntosh
>deserves great credit for her terrific
>performance today as she has also gone through
>the gruelling NCAA grind before this weekend's
>nationals. She's another athlete with great
>potential.

Demus was positioned for a Top 3 spot, but something happened to her over those final few hurdles. She slowed down. It looked to me like she miscalculated her steps between hurdles.
blacklily