The following things are the biggest beatings at track meets, in no particular order:
1. 78 heats in the 200.
2. PA guys who excitedly inform us that an athlete's mark qualifies him for regionals...after introducing said athlete with a better mark before the event.
3. Race walking...enough said.
4. Spending 12 hours at a big invitational meet...and who won? No one! No team scoring!
5. Race walking
6. Carol Lewis
7. Breathless post-race interviews.
8. Time trials instead of real races.
9. Having the media treat any race that doesn't produce a world record as a dissappointment.
10. Larry Raltson..."Now imagine going to your local high school track..."
11. Did I mention race walking?