Why the California HS state meet is the best

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Why the California HS state meet is the best

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:51 am

Bad writing on my part. The primarily should have been used in both places.

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:18 pm

Texas follows the same rules as EVERYONE else. If you are 19 after September 1 you are eligible. Quit trying to make California some paragon of virtual. Your residence rules make a joke of "neighborhood schools".

Postby The Professor » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:56 pm

>Quit trying to make California some paragon of
virtual.<

You are wise to remain anonymous.
The Professor

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:05 pm

>Bad writing on my part. The primarily should
>have been used in both places.

Bad thinking on your part, too.

Postby The Flash » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:17 am

Dan--I have a question for you. Do you know where I can find the "overall" state records for high school Track and Field in the state of California? Can state records only be set in the "state meet", or can the be set any time there is the proper meet equipment (ie wind guage, FAT, etc.)? Thanks!
The Flash

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:48 am

>Texas follows the same rules as EVERYONE else. If
>you are 19 after September 1 you are eligible.
>Quit trying to make California some paragon of
>virtual. Your residence rules make a joke of
>"neighborhood schools".>>

If that's the case, please explain how in 2002 Edorian McCullough ran the entire season even though he turned 20 on January 6 (so he was 20 the entire season) and Kelly Willie turned 20 on September 7. I'd be very surprised if all states have the same rules. Suspect some are based on what year you were born, others on how old you are when the school year starts. A state that follows the latter rule would have an advantage.

As to California residence rules, what does that have to do with the discussion of ages? I never brought up residency. I don't live in California and know nothing of what they do there. I noted a statistican anomaly and commented on it. I keep asking somebody to prove that there's a lots of "older" stars in other states, but nobody has done so yet.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:37 am

Older stars in other states:
Paul Cross in Florida has been 19 for a long time. Sam Zasquez of Florida is 19 now, although I don't know when he turned 19.

Postby CoachKoby » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:03 am

That's Sam Vasquez
CoachKoby

Postby huh? » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:05 am

>Paul Cross in Florida has been 19 for a long time.<

A long time? More than a year?
huh?

Postby dl » Mon Jun 09, 2003 10:21 am

<<<Dan--I have a question for you. Do you know where I can find the "overall" state records for high school Track and Field in the state of California? Can state records only be set in the "state meet", or can the be set any time there is the proper meet equipment (ie wind guage, FAT, etc.)? Thanks!>>>

Greg-No, I don't know of a site with Cal HS records. The CIF site does not have them. And I'm not sure what records they'd keep anyway. Perhaps just state meet records.

In any case, you could easily deduce the best marks by Cal HS athletes from our boys prep editor's amazing High School Track annuan, available by e-mailing shepwest@aol.com
dl