Australian Results, News and Views - 2014


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby El Toro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:13 pm

A new year and some news from the Canberra Times.

Former hurdler, Jana Pittman, makes the Olympic bobsled team and becomes the first Australian woman and second Australian to compete in summer and winter OGs. The first Australian, Paul Narracott, doesn't look depressed at all (dentist joke!) and has some positive things to say:
Paul Narracott back Jana Pittman's bobsled efforts

Australia's best short sprinter of recent years, Melissa Breen, has overcome a woeful 2013 with a quick 11.32 1.0m/s opener while still in heavy training. Mel Breen aims to beat MGTs 100m record

Athletics wins out over another sport for a change! Former netballer Kelsey Lee Roberts hits a javelin A qualifier early on with a new PB of 60.12 and aims for 65m. Roberts moves closer to Australian selection
El Toro
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:46 am

Is she actually better as a sprinter than Sally?
26mi235
 
Posts: 16313
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:32 am

26mi235 wrote:Is she actually better as a sprinter than Sally?


Well it, according to a former USA president, it depends how you define "better", "sprinter", "as" and "Sally" :P

Melissa is 4 years younger than Sally and Sally is only a part-time sprinter, which makes it difficult to compare like for like. However, Melissa is around equal and improving in top 10 annual times:
9/10 top 100m times in 2013
5/10 top 100m times in 2012
4/10 top 100m times in 2011

In addition, Melissa has had injury and other problems that superficially appear to have been worse than Sally's over the last couple of years but who can accurately compare?

In relation to the Athletics Australia all-time Australian list, I have wind/altitude corrected the times under 11.40 and Melissa is only 3/100ths behind Sally and ahead of every previous Australian record holder:
Corrected/Actual/Athlete
11.24/11.28 Lauren Hewitt
11.24/11.14 Sally Pearson
11.26/11.29 Tanya van Heer
11.27/11.25 Melissa Breen
11.28/11.12 Melinda Gainsford-Taylor
11.28/11.26 Nova Peris
11.29/11.19 Kerry Johnson
11.31/11.24 Catherine Freeman
11.33/11.20 Raelene Boyle
11.33/11.24 Colleen Pekin

All in all, she has been as good as Sally the hurdler but as to Sally the fantasy non-hurdler, she would probably be 2nd in the last decade but that's not too bad...for Australia.
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:39 pm

On the more political side of the Australian aths scene, here's a surprisingly frank (and bitter?) interview with Jarrod Bannister's ex-coach about some of the machinations around Bannister's coaching setup. It's pretty condemining of AA's attitude/actions:

http://www.runnerstribe.com/coverage/25 ... nnister-go

Doesn't touch upon Bannister's subsequent testing dramas however
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Speedster » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:26 am

Athleticsimaging wrote:
26mi235 wrote:Is she actually better as a sprinter than Sally?


Well it, according to a former USA president, it depends how you define "better", "sprinter", "as" and "Sally" :P

Melissa is 4 years younger than Sally and Sally is only a part-time sprinter, which makes it difficult to compare like for like. However, Melissa is around equal and improving in top 10 annual times:
9/10 top 100m times in 2013
5/10 top 100m times in 2012
4/10 top 100m times in 2011

In addition, Melissa has had injury and other problems that superficially appear to have been worse than Sally's over the last couple of years but who can accurately compare?

In relation to the Athletics Australia all-time Australian list, I have wind/altitude corrected the times under 11.40 and Melissa is only 3/100ths behind Sally and ahead of every previous Australian record holder:
Corrected/Actual/Athlete
11.24/11.28 Lauren Hewitt
11.24/11.14 Sally Pearson
11.26/11.29 Tanya van Heer
11.27/11.25 Melissa Breen
11.28/11.12 Melinda Gainsford-Taylor
11.28/11.26 Nova Peris
11.29/11.19 Kerry Johnson
11.31/11.24 Catherine Freeman
11.33/11.20 Raelene Boyle
11.33/11.24 Colleen Pekin

All in all, she has been as good as Sally the hurdler but as to Sally the fantasy non-hurdler, she would probably be 2nd in the last decade but that's not too bad...for Australia.


Interesting post leading into what could be a great race. Pearson is supremely confident, even when she's in average shape, like last year, Breen just has to believe she can win and hold her form, which continues to improve, she looks a different athlete to the one a few years ago.

As an aside if you used MGT's second best time, her 11.16 (0.4) in Hechtel in 1997 she would have 11.18 as her adjusted time. I reckon a healthy 1997 or 2000 edition of MGT would take Pearson or Breen.
Speedster
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby El Toro » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:33 pm

Speedster wrote:As an aside if you used MGT's second best time, her 11.16 (0.4) in Hechtel in 1997 she would have 11.18 as her adjusted time. I reckon a healthy 1997 or 2000 edition of MGT would take Pearson or Breen.


Yeah, I was too lazy to go beyond the AA all-time performers list and just hoped I wouldn't get caught out.:evil: So, thanks for that maaate. :P .

I agree that MGT would likely take both over 100 and guaranteed to over 200 but that would still be against Sally the hurdler. The jury is still out on what Sally the non-hurdler would have achieved as a pure sprinter. I'm also keen on seeing what, if any, difference the new coaching arrangements make.
El Toro
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:39 pm

Did Steve hooker retire?
Dave
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Speedster » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:14 am

El Toro wrote:
Speedster wrote:As an aside if you used MGT's second best time, her 11.16 (0.4) in Hechtel in 1997 she would have 11.18 as her adjusted time. I reckon a healthy 1997 or 2000 edition of MGT would take Pearson or Breen.


Yeah, I was too lazy to go beyond the AA all-time performers list and just hoped I wouldn't get caught out.:evil: So, thanks for that maaate. :P .

I agree that MGT would likely take both over 100 and guaranteed to over 200 but that would still be against Sally the hurdler. The jury is still out on what Sally the non-hurdler would have achieved as a pure sprinter. I'm also keen on seeing what, if any, difference the new coaching arrangements make.


Sorry mate! MGT is our best 100m athlete! Competition leads to better times so I hope that Breen and Pearson push each other to better times like Freeman and later Hewitt did for MGT. Pearson, Breen and MGT in the same era could have pushed the AR into the 11.0s.

Ella Nelson ran a 23.37 today and Breen a solo 23.60 so there could be others in contention.

Sally's performance under her new coach will be interesting to see. I keep having Jeremy Wariner in the back of my mind and the drop of performance and gradual decline ever since he left and went back to Hart.
Speedster
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:37 am

Steeplechaser, Victoria Mitchell, gets a mention in this article about crowdsourcing funds. She is trying to get to Rio 2016. http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2013/s3933665.htm

Victoria is third on the Australian all-time list with a 9:30.84 from 2006, behind Donna McFarlane (9.18.35) and Melissa Rollison (9.24.29)
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby mal » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Raelene Boyle was better than all of them.

If she hadn't have blown it with the false start, she'd have an OZ 200 m record that would still be standing.
mal
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:04 pm

There might have been an Aussie indoor record broken over the weekend.

Steve Solomon ran 1:01.44 for 500m in his individual indoor debut for Stanford.

Given how rarely this distance is ever run, I can't think who might have previously held the record
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:47 pm

And back on the Breen-Pearson rivalry, I just saw a tweet indicating the two shall clash over 100m this coming weekend at the ACT Champs. Weekend is forecast to be mid-30s (celsius), so with a little altitude this might be the best spot to see some fast times.

Quote from Breen's coach on head-to-head: "Career head to head is an amazing 29-0 @sallyp100h over @Melissa_Breen so odds in Sally favour. Closest Mel got is 0.01 in 2010"
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby norunner » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:55 pm

AS wrote:And back on the Breen-Pearson rivalry, I just saw a tweet indicating the two shall clash over 100m this coming weekend at the ACT Champs. Weekend is forecast to be mid-30s (celsius), so with a little altitude this might be the best spot to see some fast times.

Quote from Breen's coach on head-to-head: "Career head to head is an amazing 29-0 @sallyp100h over @Melissa_Breen so odds in Sally favour. Closest Mel got is 0.01 in 2010"
29-0...what a coincidence. 8-)
norunner
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:13 am

AS wrote:And back on the Breen-Pearson rivalry, I just saw a tweet indicating the two shall clash over 100m this coming weekend at the ACT Champs.


@#$%^&! Now I might have to go out to the track and endure supreme boredom interrupted by 11s of excitement. Does anybody want me to take some photos?
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 am

mal wrote:Raelene Boyle was better than all of them.

If she hadn't have blown it with the false start, she'd have an OZ 200 m record that would still be standing.


Coulda, shoulda, didn't! False start, that is. Biggest bit of bullshit I can remember from '76 OG.

Still, as much as I adore Raelene, I have a soft spot for Betty as best ever. I'd love to see her grow up now....and probably trade Little As for nightclubbing. :evil:
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Speedster » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:34 am

AS wrote:And back on the Breen-Pearson rivalry, I just saw a tweet indicating the two shall clash over 100m this coming weekend at the ACT Champs. Weekend is forecast to be mid-30s (celsius), so with a little altitude this might be the best spot to see some fast times.

Quote from Breen's coach on head-to-head: "Career head to head is an amazing 29-0 @sallyp100h over @Melissa_Breen so odds in Sally favour. Closest Mel got is 0.01 in 2010"


As luck will have it I will be in sunny Canberra this weekend! Mondo track, 700m above sea level, 30+ temps, heats and finals. Should be a good meet.

Here are the start lists top 6 under 12 seconds.

1 6 Breen, Melissa Woden Harriers 11.25
2 90 Whittaker, Ashleigh Victoria 11.53
3 68 Brennan, Monica Victoria 11.59
4 251 Nelson, Ella New South Wales 11.76
5 43 Graf, Elly New South Wales 11.80
6 4960 Whaler, Laura Victoria 11.90

Sally has posted no 100m time this season but still on the start list. Hard to judge what her 7.41 equates to over 100m, she has run 7.16 outdoors before but that was in 2012 at her peak, and she has run 11.25 in Canberra before but back in 2007. My guess is that she's in the 11.40/11.30 region meaning it could be close.
Speedster
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:42 pm

While we wait a few more hours for the Pearson-Breen clash, there have been some exciting results already this weekend:

In Canberra, 22 yo javelinist, Kelsey-Lee Roberts has improved her PR to 63.92, a throw that would have added a 3rd Aussie to the global top 10 in 2013. That's her second 60m+ throw of the year. Her pre-2014 PR was 58.58m: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/a ... 32922.html

And, in Sydney, 18yo Josh Clarke (dob 19 May 95) put together a 10.36 (o.5), 10.20w (3.3) combo, making him the fastest Aussie junior sprinter since back in the days of Shirvington.
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Sasuke » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:10 pm

The times Sally has run so far don't suggest she is in great shape. With the times she posted (7.41 for the flat and 8.10 for the hurdles) and adding she is a very strong starter I would doubt she could break 11.50... but since she is a very competitive person I'd go with 11.4x at her best.
Sasuke
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby mal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Athleticsimaging wrote:
mal wrote:Raelene Boyle was better than all of them.

If she hadn't have blown it with the false start, she'd have an OZ 200 m record that would still be standing.


Coulda, shoulda, didn't! False start, that is. Biggest bit of bullshit I can remember from '76 OG.

Still, as much as I adore Raelene, I have a soft spot for Betty as best ever. I'd love to see her grow up now....and probably trade Little As for nightclubbing. :evil:


True. Loved Betty. Was fortunate to have met her back in the day. They were great athletes. Betty a ferocious competitor. Wonderful and gracious person.
mal
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:14 pm

Breen just broke Aussie record in heat: 11.11 (1.9), and Person ran 11.24w (2.3).
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:54 pm

And 30th time lucky for Breen! Wins final and beats Pearson:
Breen 11.15 (1.8)
Pearson 11.27

Race vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0JGGihU ... youtu.be&a

And some press: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/athletic ... 329lm.html
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby El Toro » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:59 pm

Ideal conditions produces a good series of times by Breen and she didn't crack under pressure. Their strides were very similar in early part of race and based on hurdle marks, it looks like Sally was marginally ahead up to 30-40m but Mel held her nerve and executed better mid-race before dying a bit at the end.

The race had around 0.02 altitude assisstance and 0.11 wind assistance giving a corrected time around 11.24, so still a relatively better performance than her opener a few weeks back. Assuming she hasn't lightened her training load compared to then, she should be on track for an 11.1x clocking in poorer conditions (ie Melbourne nationals) when she peaks.

Congrats to MattyB and Melissa for sticking with the rebuilding of her technique and making it through the hard times. But mate, I'd be happy to donate a tripod to your squad - once I stop being motion sick. :P
El Toro
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby El Toro » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:03 pm

AS wrote:In Canberra, 22 yo javelinist, Kelsey-Lee Roberts has improved her PR to 63.92, a throw that would have added a 3rd Aussie to the global top 10 in 2013. That's her second 60m+ throw of the year.


For those that didn't read the article her first 60m throw was rejected as an A qualifier because there were too few competitors, so she clearly know the best way to respond to that sort of setback - arrange for at least two of your friends to compete in the ACT championships and throw another PB!
El Toro
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Speedster » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:36 pm

El Toro wrote:Ideal conditions produces a good series of times by Breen and she didn't crack under pressure. Their strides were very similar in early part of race and based on hurdle marks, it looks like Sally was marginally ahead up to 30-40m but Mel held her nerve and executed better mid-race before dying a bit at the end.

The race had around 0.02 altitude assisstance and 0.11 wind assistance giving a corrected time around 11.24, so still a relatively better performance than her opener a few weeks back. Assuming she hasn't lightened her training load compared to then, she should be on track for an 11.1x clocking in poorer conditions (ie Melbourne nationals) when she peaks.

Congrats to MattyB and Melissa for sticking with the rebuilding of her technique and making it through the hard times. But mate, I'd be happy to donate a tripod to your squad - once I stop being motion sick. :P


Great conditions and great races. I've seen a couple of different videos from MattyB and then ABC news report and it looked like Pearson never got in front of Breen. Sprinting is all about technique and great to see Breen with such good form under pressure. High quality runs from both athletes either way and hopefully more to come later in the domestic and then onto Glasgow.
Speedster
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:49 am

Alana Boyd reportedly (twitter) vaulted 4.61 tonight in Melbourne. Had 3 attempts at 4.71
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby El Toro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Breen is not competing against Pearson in Adelaide this weekend. Instead, she is going to spend two weeks in Perth to make the most of the good sprint conditions - this weekend at the WA championships and then the Perth leg of the elite series. Apparently, she wants to string together a consistent series of times away from Canberra so that AA is more likely to add her to the funding list.
El Toro
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby norunner » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:27 am

Since the Aussis seem to be asleep, just read this on trackinsun: Kim Mickle won the javelin in Adelaide today with 66.12m ahead of Kathryn Mitchell with 66.10m.
norunner
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby nianchengyu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 am

norunner wrote:Since the Aussis seem to be asleep, just read this on trackinsun: Kim Mickle won the javelin in Adelaide today with 66.12m ahead of Kathryn Mitchell with 66.10m.

Fantastic job by two Australian.
nianchengyu
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby 26mi235 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 pm

The freshman at Villanova, Patrick Tiernan ran 13:37.73 at Iowa State last night, breaking Adam Goucer's facility record (although Reed Connor beat him to it by a quarter second). It improved his PR by 63 seconds, although it was not as much a surprise as he had finished very well at NCAA XC (7th?) and the 14:40 was run when just 17.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16313
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:50 am

Steve Hooker competes at WA champs and jumps 5.00m, which seemed to be the best performance of the WA weekend. :shock:

Melissa Breen didn't compete in Perth or Adelaide at the A-series meet, so we'll likely see her at next week's Perth A-series.

Josh Ross has had bad news from CAS who ruled that he did have three missed tests against him. Penalty to be decided in May.

Adelaide A-series had 3 60m+ (the "K" standard) throwers competing but only the two most experienced performed up to, and beyond, the standard. Both Kim Mickle and Kathryn Mitchell smashed the meet record set by Louise McPaul during the last golden age of Oz javelin throwing and picked up A standards. However, up and comer dropped back from her 63m last week to mid-50s.

1 Kim Mickle WAIS 66.12mMCA
FOUL 61.73m 66.12m FOUL 64.23m 61.73m
2 Kathryn Mitchell VIC 66.10mMCA
66.10m 63.83m FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL
3 Kelsey-Lee Roberts 91 ACT 55.02m CB
51.83m 54.25m 54.14m 55.02m 51.55m FOUL
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Athleticsimaging » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 am

Jana gets some academic coverage on The Conversation for the physical and mental sides of her transition from hurdles to bobsleigh.
Athleticsimaging
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Pittman's bobsled partner Astrid Rađenović (nee Loch-Wilkinson) is also a former 400mH (not quite to Jana's standard - PB looks like it was 62.31).

Rađenović has partnered up with several former athletes in the past:
Cecilia McIntosh (2010 Olympics) - 2002 Comm Games Javelin silver, PB of 58.95m
Kylie Reed (2006 Olympics) - 6.57m LJer

Both McIntosh and Rađenović also competed at national level in weightlifting.
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Athleticsimaging wrote:Steve Hooker competes at WA champs and jumps 5.00m, which seemed to be the best performance of the WA weekend. :shock:


Hooker is reportedly entered in the 200m at the Victorian Champs (Feb 28-March 2)!
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Entry lists are up for this weekend's Perth Track Classic:
http://www.athletics.com.au/DesktopModu ... mentid=442

Of note:
Pearson vs Breen in w100m
Pearson making 100mH season debut
Mickle vs Mitchell vs Kelsey-Roberts vs Ebihara (JAP - Daegu finalist, PR 62.83m) in wJT
Magakwe (RSA - PR 10.06) vs Jarrod Geddes (back from Jamaican training) in m100m
Magakwe (20.23) vs Lehata (LES - 20.37) vs Hough in m200m
LaShawn Merritt in m400m
Riseley in m800m
Felix Sanchez vs Tristan Thomas in m400mH
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby aaronk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:00 pm

AS wrote:Entry lists are up for this weekend's Perth Track Classic:
http://www.athletics.com.au/DesktopModu ... mentid=442

Of note:
Pearson vs Breen in w100m
Pearson making 100mH season debut
Mickle vs Mitchell vs Kelsey-Roberts vs Ebihara (JAP - Daegu finalist, PR 62.83m) in wJT
Magakwe (RSA - PR 10.06) vs Jarrod Geddes (back from Jamaican training) in m100m
Magakwe (20.23) vs Lehata (LES - 20.37) vs Hough in m200m
LaShawn Merritt in m400m
Riseley in m800m
Felix Sanchez vs Tristan Thomas in m400mH


And let's not forget Michelle Jenneke!!
She'll be in Perth!
Watch out, Sally!! :P
aaronk
 
Posts: 3332
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby AS » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:17 pm

aaronk wrote:And let's not forget Michelle Jenneke!!


I will mention Jenneke when her PR gets with a sec of Pearson's and/or she is #2 in Australia (she's currently #3 of current folks by PR) 8-)
AS
 
Posts: 4498
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Sasuke » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:45 am

Sally confirmed she scratched from the 100m flat because she doesn't want to risk anything before the WIC. She is due to run the hurdles, though.
Sasuke
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby Sasuke » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:39 am

Sally clocked 12.59 winning by more than half a second... she looked very good and fit, and she ran in a slightly headwind. Will win without problems in Sopot.
Sasuke
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:32 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby starboyunlimited » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 am

Back With a Bang Sally Pearson runs 12.59 100MH Season Opener 2014 Perth Track Classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3zVil1Rkq8
starboyunlimited
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Australian Results, News and Views - 2014

Postby starboyunlimited » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:11 am

Via: Jon Mulkeen @Statman_Jon Twitter
@sallyp100h's 100H season openers:
2008 - 12.81
2009 - 12.93
2010 - 12.97
2011 - 12.85
2012 - 12.86
2013 - 12.90
2014 - 12.59
starboyunlimited
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 14 guests