predictions

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

predictions

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:06 am

does anyone know where a track&field site where there are predictions for the NCAA 100 meters. i am curious of who people pick to win and lose.

Re: predictions

Postby gh » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:08 am

There's a set on this site's home page! (for all events)

But that was pre-Regionals. Our updated picks, taking into account all the Nationals declarations, will be up this afternoon
gh

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:12 am

what time this after noon

Postby tandfman » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:54 am

Get a life.
tandfman

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:22 am

got one so u get one

Postby trackstar » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:01 am

Trackwire.com also makes predictions. Go there and navigate your way to the "previous posts" section and look at the most recent "D12" ("Dandy Dozens") posts. They just came out with new predictions today.
trackstar

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:58 pm

just looked at that its all a pot of crap. i gets no respect. do they really think sammie parker can beat me haha. maan these people got me messed up. i promise u i will be in tha top three. they got me not even makin the final. yeah right. i guess i will have to suprise some peoples in the simis.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:05 pm

finish better than third and run a decent time at the meet closest to nationals and you might get some respect.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:07 pm

"not making the final" ?? what predictions are you reading? As far as I know 8 got to the final. This isn't some crummy high school meet with a 6 lane track.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:17 pm

ths dandy dozen on track wire pick 12. but i should allready have a lil respect finished 2nd at texas relays 2nd at pac 10 and ran 10.12 have ran under 10.20 3 times this year. beat several people who are picked higher than me in the trackwires dandy dozen. who make up these predictions do these people even know track at all.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:30 pm

I see. I was reading T&FN's predictions which have Bennie at 7th.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:40 pm

thats and understatement but its all good i will have to showem thats they dont know jack about track. hers my predictions

1 Bennie Chatman
2 marquis davis
3 pierre Brown
who cares whos next

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:50 pm

Benjamin my good man: you lost the Regional to that Parker person by 0.15 seconds. And you even lost to something called a Rashad Allen. Please explain just why it is that we should back you as the favorite?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:55 pm

basicly i was the smartest guy there. why pull up with injury like natasha mayers tryna beat someone i beat at pac 10's 2 weeks before.thers was no one there who possed a threat to me. so i just jogged and placed top 5 to move on. personally i didnt even want to run. did u even see the times that the people ran. look at the times from my prelim and finals of pac 10 and it shows u what i can do. and after pac 10's my body was so hurt i was barely able to practice. but this week of practice has been that great so maan they betta watch out.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:36 pm

Suggest you spend more time in class.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:46 pm

summer time baby

Postby hammer forever » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:28 pm

colleges and universities are funding sports teams and not academics??? I'd like to see every athlete who has something to "prove" on the track also have to prove they can type in grammatically correct English.
hammer forever

Postby The Professor » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:37 pm

>I'd like to see every athlete who has something to "prove" on the track also have to prove they can type in grammatically correct English.<

Do you suppose our sprinter friend appreciated the humor? Well, if he didn't, I'll explain that your sentence was itself not grammatically correct because of the mis-matching of a singular subject (every athlete) and a plural verb (have to prove). Very clever, young man. You'll go far, even if you don't throw far.
The Professor

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:50 am

i aint here to impress anyone with my typin skills. basicly what i am sayin is dat i will be in tha top 3 at nationals. while u(hammer thrower) will be at home wishin u were at the meet. but anyway many of the athletes who do compete in NCAA athletics would be there if it wasnt for thier athletics. and who cares about typin errors its the enternet not english class.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:08 am

>i aint here to impress anyone with my typin
skills. <

u aint impressin nobody wit nuttin

Postby dl » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:30 am

C'mon guys, this is a track & field chatroom, not a friggin' English class. Who cares if someone misspells or makes typoes.

We should feel lucky that we have such an athlete contributing. Let's not drive such people away by nitpicking.
dl

Postby bubba » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:44 am

and talk'n a bit-o-smack never hurt
bubba

Postby gm » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:46 am

what's funny is I remember when young Mr. Chatman was struggling to get back in shape a few years back and even then he was king of the trash-talkers!

Bennie - best of luck and bring home that NCAA 100 gold, will ya?
gm

Postby CoachKoby » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:53 am

We should care how we speak and spell because if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well. In other words, is that the best you can do?
CoachKoby

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:22 am

>u aint impressin nobody wit nuttin<
I have impressed myself a couple times this year. i am sure i am sure i impressed Blanton when i beat him at texas realays too oh yeah and Sammy to at pac 10's haha

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:32 am

and Anthony Buchanon?

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:39 am

i dont wanna get beat by anyone but if i am gonna get beat i rather it be my teammate. he barely beat me and it was a good race. just shows u what we have here at wsu. haha

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:15 am

Thanks. Classy response. Go Cougs!

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:41 pm

Bennie Chatman wrote about not winning Regionals:

>basicly i was the smartest guy there. why pull up
>with injury like natasha mayers tryna beat
>someone i beat at pac 10's 2 weeks before.thers
>was no one there who possed a threat to me. so i
>just jogged and placed top 5 to move on.
>personally i didnt even want to run. did u even
>see the times that the people ran. look at the
>times from my prelim and finals of pac 10 and it
>shows u what i can do. and after pac 10's my body
>was so hurt i was barely able to practice. but
>this week of practice has been that great so maan
>they betta watch out.>>

I like your continuing plan there, Bennie. Don't even finish your NCAA heat. I get it! You're saving it all for the USATF, where you'll be able to confirm that you're the smartest guy out there.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:03 pm

u are funny. i just caught a cramp at the wrong time.(durin my warm up) isnt it ironic. but life goes on.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:51 pm

Now I feel bad for making a joke at your expense. Even though I hate the Cougz, I wish you the best at USATF. You've got a future.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:05 pm

dont feel bad. i allways been a trash talker i cant help it.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:17 am

The language a person speaks is something they should not take for granted. It should be respected. There are illiterate people in this world, and also people who cannot hear or speak. Presumably this message board is for adults, and anyone who can produce the phenomenal self-discipline required to be in the running for an NCAA title can surely muster a bit of effort so that they communicate at something beyond a third grade level of grammar and spelling.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:22 am

A couple of weeks ago Bennie promised he would go into Summer School when the college season was over. Is that still the plan Bennie? Sorry that you got a cramp. When I saw that you posted a DNF I assumed you'd strained your jaw thrashing everyone.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:58 am

i aint sure styll but maybe

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:01 am

and this gentleman is in college?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:43 am

yep eye sure am. kinda hard too believe huh. just because i type on the ENTERNET like dis. and make A's and B's on my papers oh some C's too. dont be a hater.