Karin van Rooyen?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Karin van Rooyen?

Postby trackstar » Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:45 pm

Does anyone know why Karin van Rooyen (SMU, 3rd in the Midwest 5K) did not accept her invitation to the NCAA nationals? I couldn't find anything about it on the SMU website.

Darnit, she's on my fantasy track roster -- I was counting on her for some points!
trackstar

Re: Karin van Rooyen?

Postby magpie » Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:01 pm

that is good question, one i have been pondering myself. i also found that the smu site was lacking in up-to-date info - i can only assume that she is the victim of either injury or academics.
magpie

Postby gh » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:06 am

Two things to consider: she's a foreigner so return-home strictures might also enter into the equation. Particularly since she would have been about the 20th seed, with a seasonal best about a minute behind the leaders. She might have been lucky to get out of the heats.
gh

Postby dl » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:21 am

The SMU Sports Information contact for track did not give a reason why van Rooyen wouldn't compete. Her teammate, Swedish high jumper Marie Normann, has summer school conflicts.
dl