post american trials performance in europe

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: post american trials performance in europe

Postby gh » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:01 pm

J2thaD wrote:
Smoke wrote:You mean a reoccurring myth. Name the athletes that have run fast at trials and never run that fast again? And no excluding the best of the best to cherry pick your results. We will wait for this myth to be proven true. Take your time...

What year was that when the wind readings were erratic for damn near every race, then all of a sudden you get the same wind reading for each quarter final of the 100. Plenty of guys ran times they never ran again on that day. What was the little guy from Clemson's name. That guy went from 9.8 to running 10.2 or 10.3 on the Euro circuit. There were other guys from those quarterfinals who never ran that way again also.

The precise wind readings were NOT the same for every race. Rounded to 10ths (in which they are reported) they were, but the gauge did not give the exact same reading multiple races in a row. A great myth that some love to propogate.
gh

Postby Smoke » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Are you sure you want to stick with that argument? Let me save you, it has been proven that almost every person from that year ran as fast as they did that day. Like I said, it is a myth. I will see your Travis Padgett with my Tyson Gay, Doc Patton and Jeff Demps. SO you ride that ONE example, I will roll with the others that either ran as fast, or I can go the other direction with those that actually had faster pr's than they ran in that very race. So, are you arguing that only his lane benefited? Just trying to find your logic.
There are far more mysterious results from certain European meets than ANY US championship. I just read a thread about Lalova's 10.77.
Smoke

Postby t_monk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm

SAFP vs Duncan vs Jeter vs Ahoure in Monaco in the 200
t_monk