iaaf worlds on tv

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Moscow 2013 FAILS to trend during NBC"s broadcast in USA

Postby Pego » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:38 am

Marlow wrote:
CookyMonzta wrote:My domain for watching this meet was Stopstream.tv.

I stayed with watchathletics.com most of the time, but it froze several times over the weekend and I had to resort to stopstream (more pixelly).
I am not the least bit apologetic for my piracy, as the local Comcast didn't lift a finger to make it available here. I watch copyrighted material on Youtube too! :shock: I'm sure there's a ring in Dante's hell for me, but that's for Old Marlow to worry about!

I'll meet you there. They should have hot dogs, no 8-) ?
Pego

Postby Marlow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 am

Pego wrote:I'll meet you there. They should have hot dogs, no 8-) ?

Well, if they don't, you'll be owing me some by the time we get there, so I got that going for me!
Doesn't Bondarenko worry you a little . . . :wink: ?
Now, when Jacko turns his attention full-time to the Disc . . .
Marlow

Re: iaaf worlds on tv

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:57 am

Jackaloupe wrote:At least Hammond and Boldon didn't tell us any spoiler during today's live coverage, and we should be relieved about that.

That's because they're so practiced at feigning real-time, even as their comments reflect seeming prescience--as they not only know what's about to happen, usually have a suitable Replay queued up.

According to gh, they always record their commentary live, so there's no need to fake it.
jazzcyclist

Postby Pego » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

Marlow wrote:
Pego wrote:I'll meet you there. They should have hot dogs, no 8-) ?

Well, if they don't, you'll be owing me some by the time we get there, so I got that going for me!
Doesn't Bondarenko worry you a little . . . :wink: ?
Now, when Jacko turns his attention full-time to the Disc . . .

Bondarenko clearing 250? LMAO.
Pego

Postby Marlow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:26 am

Pego wrote:Bondarenko clearing 250? LMAO.

Careful, mon frère, sitting might become a problematic activity!
Marlow

Postby TN1965 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

18.99s wrote:This weekend they didn't show anything live except for the men's 200m final.

Those who would be interested in watching the World Champs on TV also would have found out the results live, so they're not going to get good ratings showing the meet with a tape delay.

No. I didn't find the results live. I waited until the rerun on USN at 6pm (CDT), since my NBC affiliate refused to show a single second of T&F on Sunday. I got up in the morning, had breakfast, ran 12 miles, did my strength/mobility exercise for 2 hours at a gym, got back home, ate lunch, took a shower, and had a 90 minute nap. I tried to stay away from the net so that I would not be exposed to the spoiler. And unlike the Olympic Games, I didn't have to "hide from the world," because there is absolutely no way that I would be exposed to the spoiler unless I actively search for it.
TN1965

Re: iaaf worlds on tv

Postby tm71 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:49 pm

can it be more ironic that time warner finally added universal sports to my channel lineup this morning, the day after the worlds ended ??? :?
tm71

Postby tm71 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

cladthin wrote:In my opinion, no American should look to NBC or Universal (admittedly I did not watch a second of their 2 min. coverage this year as I've seen about enough of that in the past).

You should all be, along with Norton/Kaspersky or similar anti-virus program installed on your computer, find links to BBC or Eurosport-sportlemon.tv, firstrowsports.eu etc. The coverage of these two compared to our domestic offerings are night and day different. Don't waste your time or $ with the NBC/Universal group who largely don't know the sport nor care to really show you much.

to paraphrase taylor swift's song this will never ever ever happen. almost all americans are going to have exposure to track and field only from media outlets like NBC (universal) and ESPN. the people like us on this board who are willing to wake up early, go to bed late, show up late to work and access questionable feeds on the internet are totally miniscule minority for nbc or anyone else to care. even if people knew they could watch live with these sites, very few would lose sleep or skip work to watch. For example how many different people used usatf.tv during the usatf meet the four days the meet took place ? 5000 ? 10000 ? 15000 ? any of those are a relatively miniscule number even compared to how many watched the nbcsn and nbc telecasts on tv. the numbers are too small for nbc or any of the big wigs to care. they will care somewhat more during the olympics because they made a huge investment, but that is it.
tm71

Postby cladthin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm

tm71 wrote:
cladthin wrote:In my opinion, no American should look to NBC or Universal (admittedly I did not watch a second of their 2 min. coverage this year as I've seen about enough of that in the past).

You should all be, along with Norton/Kaspersky or similar anti-virus program installed on your computer, find links to BBC or Eurosport-sportlemon.tv, firstrowsports.eu etc. The coverage of these two compared to our domestic offerings are night and day different. Don't waste your time or $ with the NBC/Universal group who largely don't know the sport nor care to really show you much.

to paraphrase taylor swift's song this will never ever ever happen. almost all americans are going to have exposure to track and field only from media outlets like NBC (universal) and ESPN. the people like us on this board who are willing to wake up early, go to bed late, show up late to work and access questionable feeds on the internet are totally miniscule minority for nbc or anyone else to care. even if people knew they could watch live with these sites, very few would lose sleep or skip work to watch. For example how many different people used usatf.tv during the usatf meet the four days the meet took place ? 5000 ? 10000 ? 15000 ? any of those are a relatively miniscule number even compared to how many watched the nbcsn and nbc telecasts on tv. the numbers are too small for nbc or any of the big wigs to care. they will care somewhat more during the olympics because they made a huge investment, but that is it.

Okay, any American who cares about the sport who can pull it off due to the contstraints of time zone differences etc. In reality, my point is in regards to actual track and field fans as I certainly know the avg. sports fan is not going to go to the trouble as a diehard would to access pirated streams or pay for it for that matter. Not using NBC or Universal and seeking out BBC or Eurosport would really only be considered an option or necessity by the real fans of the sport.
cladthin

Postby 18.99s » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Dennny wrote:At least at frontend there are no ads and for the other the golden rule is NEVER install anything. I have no antivirus and never caught anything.

If you've been using Windows for years without antivirus, you've caught something. You just don't know it, because you don't have antivirus software to detect it!
18.99s

Previous