NCAA wrap-up issue just awesome

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

NCAA wrap-up issue just awesome

Postby BillVol » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 am

That's all. THANKS to the lovers of track and field who work/contribute for the efforts. Pound for pound, the best magazine in the world.
BillVol

Re: NCAA wrap-up issue just awesome

Postby aaronk » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 am

Amen!!!
The greatest magazine ever!!
And the August 2013 issue is one of the best.
One thing, though: It's the NEWS that makes this one (and others like it) so great. Any NCAA (or USATF, OG, WC, or indoor Champs) issue is usually better than others, mainly because T&FN does BIG meets like no other!!

Can it be better?
Yes.
Bring back monthly Top 10-15 lists for Collegiate (during season), USA, and World.
You already HAVE the monthly HS lists!

Also one suggestion/question:
Is there any way to organize/prioritize your event-by-event write-ups for the Championship meets IN THE ORDER OF their scheduling?
Especially for a SCORING meet like the NCAA.
To read the events by distance (100, 200, 400, 800, etc) is okay, but would be best if we could see the SCORING sequence happening as it did in the meet!! (Would mean mixing field events in between some running events!)

Just a thought!!

Bottom line, though, T&FN is A-ONE!!! :D
Last edited by aaronk on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaronk

Postby Marlow » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 am

aaronk wrote:Bring back monthly Top 10-15 lists for Collegiate (during season), USA, and World.

You DO realize that they'd already be obsolete by the time you got it and that CURRENT lists are on-line, yes?
Marlow

Postby aaronk » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 am

Marlow wrote:
aaronk wrote:Bring back monthly Top 10-15 lists for Collegiate (during season), USA, and World.

You DO realize that they'd already be obsolete by the time you got it and that CURRENT lists are on-line, yes?

Absolutely!
Yes, I do.
But wasn't that the case back when they DID publish such lists in the print edition.
(Of course, back then, print was the ONLY issue----no online issue then!)
I knew the lists wouldn't be up-to-date, but it's nice to have it THERE......in your hands, right in front of you!
And yes, I admit I'm a dinosaur!! :D

ADD: A question born mostly out of curiosity.
If print edition lists are outdated by the time they appear, then why continue having lists for HS?? Those are the only ones NOT cut out when computers took over! Wouldn't the same apply to THOSE lists----that they're outdated by the time they appear in print??

Again, just curious.
aaronk