Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Murielle Ahoure 10.91s in France

Postby jamal00005 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

batonless relay wrote:
run4urlyfe wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.

I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.

She MIGHT be a scavenger, but she just might have made the technical transformation that allows her to step up in class, not unlike Madison from last year. Ahoure is already as fast or faster than any of the 10.7/8 women by indoor 60 PB and she is as fast as the 10.7/8 women by outdoor 200 SB - in the year the athletes ran their 10.7/8. It is very possible that Ahoure, like Okagbare, like Fraser-Pryce, like Jeter (or Simpson and Stewart or Edwards before them) could be ready for the podium without ANY mistakes from the others.

For some reason I see Ahoure as a better 200m than 100m and its really strange since she has one of the better starts .
jamal00005

Postby justrunfast » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
run4urlyfe wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:I would like for Ahoure to bring this sort of form In Moscow.

I see Ahoure as a scavenger she will eat if others allow her to. She has a shot only if Fraser and Okgabare have a major screw up or if Jeter is still not back to form. If those three ladies are on their a game Ahoure will simply be a finalist.

She MIGHT be a scavenger, but she just might have made the technical transformation that allows her to step up in class, not unlike Madison from last year. Ahoure is already as fast or faster than any of the 10.7/8 women by indoor 60 PB and she is as fast as the 10.7/8 women by outdoor 200 SB - in the year the athletes ran their 10.7/8. It is very possible that Ahoure, like Okagbare, like Fraser-Pryce, like Jeter (or Simpson and Stewart or Edwards before them) could be ready for the podium without ANY mistakes from the others.

For some reason I see Ahoure as a better 200m than 100m and its really strange since she has one of the better starts .

You can see from Ahoure's 100m runs this year she has not been able to execute her 100m race pattern consistently yet but it is improving rapidly plus with the ability she has it is bound to come, the 60m if you have a great start you've basically won, 200m you have a lot more time to set up your race and any minor errors may not effect your time much but in the 100m the smallest mistake is the difference between say 10.9 and 11.1 which is massive.

I reckon if she gets it right in the final in Moscow she will be in with a shout for a medal in the 100m.

I think a good 60m is a very good asset to have but very overvalued compared to acceleration and the ability to slow the rate of deceleration.

Take SAFP for example Ahoure is probably on par with her in terms of 60m but 9/10 times SAFP will beat her and the only person who can catch SAFP on her best day is a fully fit Jeter.

Acceleration>Great Start !!
justrunfast

Postby starboyunlimited » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:25 pm

Video Murielle Ahoure 10.91 : http://youtu.be/7LS88BGbdFc
starboyunlimited

Postby betterthanb4 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

starboyunlimited wrote:Video Murielle Ahoure 10.91 : http://youtu.be/7LS88BGbdFc

Thanks. She got a cracking start and kept going. Now, if Murielle can bring the same form In Moscow she'll be in the mix for a medal for sure.
betterthanb4

Postby ATK » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Great sportsmanship shown by the ladies after the race congratulating Ahoure
ATK

Postby run4urlyfe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:44 am

ATK wrote:Great sportsmanship shown by the ladies after the race congratulating Ahoure

Ivet Lalova really seems to have a very warm, sweet, and genuine personality. She has greated alot of the winners she races against in a similar manner.
run4urlyfe

Next