Paris DL- W100m

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Paris DL- W100m

Postby Flumpy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:04 am

Youngy wrote:
Anyone who thinks SAFP is a lock for the 100m at the WC might be in for a rude shock.

Absolutely no one thinks SAFP is a lock for the 100m at the WC but 5 weeks out she is obviously the favourite.
Flumpy

Postby jamboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:46 am

jamal00005 wrote:
jamboy wrote:
t_monk wrote:*looks at Gardener's and KAB's times*

Interestingly they are ranked #1 and #2 in terms of times these season.

As i predicted just after the USTrials, just watch these US college girls flop when they go to europe because those times they ran at the us trials were unbelievable.

Im dissapointed with Baptiste tbh......she had just come off some good performances at her champs and I expected her to troubled SAFP .There is still hope for Moscow

I am not disappointed with KAB. She has never been a consistent runner on the circuit. She has run fast times here and there but she is highly qualified inconsistent.
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:49 am

Flumpy wrote:
Youngy wrote:
Anyone who thinks SAFP is a lock for the 100m at the WC might be in for a rude shock.

Absolutely no one thinks SAFP is a lock for the 100m at the WC but 5 weeks out she is obviously the favourite.

I will be bold and say that S A F P is the absolute favorite for the 100m in Moscow.
jamboy

Postby Speedster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:15 am

t_monk wrote:I never noticed how much Gardener swayed from side to side when she ran until in that case I just saw. She undoubtedly is losing a whole lot of time with that wasted movement.

From the waist up its ugly so if she can work on that with new coach John Smith and stay healthy through what's a notoriously hard training environment, then I think she can get to 10.7 in the next few years.
Speedster

Postby t_monk » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:41 am

Speedster wrote:
t_monk wrote:I never noticed how much Gardener swayed from side to side when she ran until in that case I just saw. She undoubtedly is losing a whole lot of time with that wasted movement.

From the waist up its ugly so if she can work on that with new coach John Smith and stay healthy through what's a notoriously hard training environment, then I think she can get to 10.7 in the next few years.

I actually agree with you, she is going to have to hit the weight room though and strengthen her upper body. I think that happens in the latter part of her race because she is panicking and not relaxing.
t_monk

Postby Blues » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:19 am

Speedster wrote:

I feel certain that with a little time she'll run much faster than she ran in Paris. She's had to do a lot of traveling recently, along with having some major off the track responsibilities to take care of. And as far as her recent switch to her new coach goes, the link to the article below regarding Blessing Okagbare's first year with John Smith last year shows that it can take some time for an athlete to adjust to the changes.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/sports/ci_23 ... sthe-globe
Blues

Postby jamal00005 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:58 am

Flumpy wrote:
Youngy wrote:

If conditions are right is Blessing ready to run a 10.7 though ? All things being considered shelly is a Championship performer and I'm expecting a 10.7 if conditions allow it. Ahoure ran a good race as well though i can never understand why she cant put together a proper 100m .She has one of the best starts but seems to be a better 200m than 100m
jamal00005

Postby sprintdoc » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am

Moscow final will be:

Blessing O
SAF
Ahoure

I don't see Gardner breaking into the top 3. Okabare will not lean too early again and she is going to win possibly 3 golds but certainly 3 medals in Moscow. SAF had a solid start and wasn't going to win if Blessing doesn't give it to her. Ahoure has shown strong consistency and she will be tough for any American to beat.

As far as Gardner goes she is the 2nd most talented sprinter on the female side and IF she can fix the major mechanical issues she has then yes she can run at least 10.7. Her legs are as rough as her arms. What I can't understand is why she seemed to have changed things up with her start which has been her strongest attribute. Even a well meaning coach when taking over an athlete mid-season can cause unintended consequences and thats why I am not buying Gardner for a medal in Moscow. The dynamic that will be interesting moving forward is having Jeter who is very strong willed in the same camp with Okabare and Gardner. As much as many of you view this as a good thing I always see it as someone suffers by either trying to do too much and getting hurt (perhaps Jeter with Okabare emerging this spring and summer) or suffer mental issues of not getting the close and trusting comments when needed. Many in the distance camps complain of this. Imagine of Ivan Lendl was the personal coach for both Andy Murray and Novac Djokavic. What is best for a tall sprinter like Okabare compared to short one like Gardner. Guess we shall see.
sprintdoc

Postby Megas15 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Youngy wrote:
betterthanb4 wrote:Okagbare is fast improving in all areas, and if this sort of form continues she'll definitely medal in all events. However, Shelly is my favorite to win the 100. She knows how to handle the rounds , and has proven herself to be a Championship performer.

After the way Blessing smashed Fraser-Price over 200m 2 weeks ago, I tipped Okagbare to win the 100m in Paris. And she would have won if not for a very ordinary last 10m where she completely lost form, almost reaching for the line.

Blessing should drop the LJ and concentrate on the 100m for the next 5 weeks. She will win if it becomes her sole objective.

Okagbare needs to concentrate on her own lane and run past the line.

Now, that comment came from a true "international" fan of track and field. I guess we all root for our countrymen first but, a true sportsman says: "may the best person win". I love my American track and field stars (most anyway) and love some of the international ones as well. Great comment/advice for Okagbare by Youngy!
Megas15

Postby beebee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 pm

jamboy wrote:

As i predicted just after the USTrials, just watch these US college girls flop when they go to europe because those times they ran at the us trials were unbelievable.

These girls have just turned pro...they deserve a few races before you come from under the bridge declaring them frauds.

"As I predicted"
We all are very aware of your predicting talents :lol: :lol: :lol:
beebee

Postby jamboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:06 pm

beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:

These girls have just turned pro...they deserve a few races before you come from under the bridge declaring them frauds.

"As I predicted"
We all are very aware of your predicting talents :lol:

The athletes themselves are not frauds. Its the condition that they ran in(backwards and possibly downhill :) resulting in ridiculous times that they will never reproduce. 10.85 then a 11:13 for Gardner. Just crazy just as I had predicted.
jamboy

Postby beebee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:14 pm

jamboy wrote:
beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:

"As I predicted"

The athletes themselves are not frauds. Its the condition that they ran in(backwards and possibly downhill :) resulting in ridiculous times that they will never reproduce. 10.85 then a 11:13 for Gardner. Just crazy.

So she should now run 10.85 all the time? I'm sure that this bright young lady is building and more concern with preparations for the WC not a meaningless DL payday. 5 weeks from now is what matters...I wouldn't prematurely crown Eaton, Rollins, Gay or anyone at this point. You're blowing smoke.
beebee

Postby jamboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Bolt already has his 3 gold medals from Moscow around his neck. Fraser already has hers in the 100m :)
jamboy

Postby ATK » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm

jamboy wrote:Bolt already has his 3 gold medals from Moscow around his neck. Fraser already has hers in the 100m :)

:roll:
ATK

Postby beebee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:22 pm

jamboy wrote:
beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:

"As I predicted"

The athletes themselves are not frauds. Its the condition that they ran in(backwards and possibly downhill :) resulting in ridiculous times that they will never reproduce. 10.85 then a 11:13 for Gardner. Just crazy just as I had predicted.

"possibly downhill"
You pulled that one right out of your ass troll.
beebee

Postby jamboy » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:33 pm

So sensitive :)
jamboy

Postby beebee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm

jamboy wrote:Bolt already has his 3 gold medals from Moscow around his neck. Fraser already has hers in the 100m :)

Again from the guy who proclaimed dual loyalty to Jamaica and the US.

No cred.
beebee

Postby tm71 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:42 pm

If u are supposedly so great at predicting winners and medalists then why haven't u ever entered a T&F News predictions contest ?
tm71

Postby jamal00005 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:42 pm

beebee wrote:

No cred.

You 2 are Unbelievable......in almost every thread you two are always at each other throats...get a room ffs!!!
jamal00005

Postby beebee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
beebee wrote:

No cred.

You 2 are Unbelievable......in almost every thread you two are always at each other throats...get a room ffs!!!

At each other's throats?
In almost every thread?

Exaggerate much, sir?
beebee

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:06 am

beebee wrote:
jamal00005 wrote:
beebee wrote:

No cred.

At each other's throats?
In almost every thread?

Exaggerate much, sir?

I probably am though.....but you 2 are still Unbelievable
jamal00005

Postby shivfan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:56 am

jamboy wrote:
jamal00005 wrote:
jamboy wrote:

Im dissapointed with Baptiste tbh......she had just come off some good performances at her champs and I expected her to troubled SAFP .There is still hope for Moscow

I am not disappointed with KAB. She has never been a consistent runner on the circuit. She has run fast times here and there but she is highly qualified inconsistent.

Is the Trinidad track a fast one? Bledman was disappointing in his first race after the national champs....

SAFP said in her interview with the Beeb that this was not her best race, and she still has work to do to improve....
shivfan

Postby jamboy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Can't wait to see when Brianna Rollins makes her DL debut in Europe. I expect to her to run "average" times and nothing close to her 12.26 at the US trials.
Last edited by jamboy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Alexandria Anderson who ran 10.91 (+1.7w) from the US trials could only run 11.36 for 6th today in France.

Munal Lee 11.00 (+1.7w) at the US trials could only get 7th in 11.39.

All these US runners finally back down to earth.
jamboy

Postby t_monk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:27 pm

jamboy wrote:Can't wait to see when Brianna Rollins makes her DL debut in Europe. I expect to run "average" times and nothing close to her 12.26 at the US trials.

I expect Rollins to be in and around where ever Dawn Harper is. Average time would be 12.7x (what Pearson running now), I expect her 12.5x thereabouts.
t_monk

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm

t_monk wrote:
jamboy wrote:Can't wait to see when Brianna Rollins makes her DL debut in Europe. I expect to run "average" times and nothing close to her 12.26 at the US trials.

I expect Rollins to be in and around where ever Dawn Harper is. Average time would be 12.7x (what Pearson running now), I expect her 12.5x thereabouts.

I expect her to be clocking a 12.3 or 12.4 come Monaco if the conditions allow it. She knows she is above everyone else and come Moscow I expect her to get silver behind Harper
jamal00005

Postby dustoff » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:46 pm

jamal00005 wrote:
t_monk wrote:

I expect her to be clocking a 12.3 or 12.4 come Monaco if the conditions allow it. She knows she is above everyone else and come Moscow I expect her to get silver behind Harper

lmao
dustoff

Postby tm71 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:10 pm

t_monk wrote:

I don't think Rollins will run that many races prior to Moscow so u won't have any times to average. I think she is only scheduled to run in Monaco. Btw SAFP run .24 off her PB which is about the same time off Gardner was off her PR in Paris. Maybe she set PR at the "downhill" track at the boonies in iowa (written with tons of sarcasm). The only female sprinters that are running at their best right now or fairly close to that in the last two weeks are okgabare and ahoure.
Last edited by tm71 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tm71

Postby Blues » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 pm

jamboy wrote:Alexandria Anderson who ran 10.91 (+1.7w) from the US trials could only run 11.36 for 6th today in France.

Lekeisha Lawson 11.17 +2.0 at the US trials, 11.18 +1.5 for 3rd today in France
Chauntae Bayne 11.15 +2.0 at the US trials, 11.19 +1.5 for 4th today in France

I guess these two don't know how to utilize the benefits of a downhill US track.... :roll:
Blues

Postby Smoke » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Blues do not interrupt jamboy with facts. He needs his fantasies to continue his fanboy antics.

Funny how the entire hurdle crew ran faster or on par with their times from that downhill, windy track in Iowa.

Cherry pick much?
Smoke

Postby tm71 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Smoke wrote:Blues do not interrupt jamboy with facts. He needs his fantasies to continue his fanboy antics.

Funny how the entire hurdle crew ran faster or on par with their times from that downhill, windy track in Iowa.

Cherry pick much?

so funny but true !
add to the above mike Rodgers set his SB in lausanne.
tm71

Postby t_monk » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:33 am

Smoke wrote:Blues do not interrupt jamboy with facts. He needs his fantasies to continue his fanboy antics.

Cherry pick much?

By hurdles crew you mean Oliver (who was always on an upward trajectory even before the trials and so has been getting better from before trials) and Merritt (who hadn't run any real competitive races leading up to the trials and was still cautious about his hamstring), right? Whilst practically everyone else has regressed.

Harper amongst the females improved.... But technically she only ran in the first round at the trials so we don't really know what she was capable of in those conditions.

Also let's not forget that unlike the flat 100/200 where tail winds are simply always a good thing and head winds are always a bad thing.... such winds can actually be more detrimental than positive. So for some hurdlers they would have ran better in such conditions while others would simply crash out or not compete as well.
t_monk

Postby Smoke » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 am

t_monk Oliver, Wilson, Richardson, Merritt, Omo, and Stewart have all run as faster or faster in various venues since the US nationals. And check the winds my friend on those races. Still tailwinds out there. I would say nice try but it was not.
Wilson just ran his second fastest time of the season in Paris. Richardson ran a season best (non windy), Oliver dropped a season in Lausanne.
You can keep dancing but you are not dancing to the music playing on the speakers my friend. It is ok, I have long sat around watching your butt hurt tactics. Some free advice, stop posting from your emotion, it is killing your already shaky logic. LOL
no amount of spinning will change the FACT that the hurdlers are running as fast or faster than Iowa.
Here let me help you out so you can walk away with your head up. Des Moines has proven to be a fast track, especially for hurdlers over the years. And the results continually prove that out. I would put Iowa on par with Paris, Eugene, Lausanne, and maybe Berlin for hurdles. These have generally been fast tracks. Barring weather. So far, the results hold to this theory.
Conversely, following the toughest meet in the world, that being US nationals, it is encouraging to see many able to maintain their levels in the weeks since. I know MANY are training again to prepare for Moscow. Making Paris and Lausanne results quite impressive.
Smoke

Postby 26mi235 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am

Blues wrote:
jamboy wrote:Alexandria Anderson who ran 10.91 (+1.7w) from the US trials could only run 11.36 for 6th today in France.

Lekeisha Lawson 11.17 +2.0 at the US trials, 11.18 +1.5 for 3rd today in France
Chauntae Bayne 11.15 +2.0 at the US trials, 11.19 +1.5 for 4th today in France

I guess these two don't know how to utilize the benefits of a downhill US track.... :roll:

But they have different incentives. For them the season is RIGHT NOW. They need to continue at their peak, not drop back to hard training to get to the top for the Worlds.
26mi235

Postby justrunfast » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 am

tm71 wrote:
t_monk wrote:

I don't think Rollins will run that many races prior to Moscow so u won't have any times to average. I think she is only scheduled to run in Monaco. Btw SAFP run .24 off her PB which is about the same time off Gardner was off her PR in Paris. Maybe she set PR at the "downhill" track at the boonies in iowa (written with tons of sarcasm). The only female sprinters that are running at their best right now or fairly close to that in the last two weeks are okgabare and ahoure.

This so true people seem not to comment on SAFP because she is winning why didn't any of the Posters who are so certain the US sprint times are dodgy have an answer for this?
justrunfast

Postby Flumpy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am

Because SAFP didn't set her PB last week.
Flumpy

Postby justrunfast » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:30 am

Flumpy wrote:Because SAFP didn't set her PB last week.

Even more reason for athletes to run slower than two weeks ago

Regardless of whether people think the times are dodgy setting a personal best has huge neurological and obvious physical affects on your body. Just simply because its something ou haven't done before.

The way people are going on its as if its the athletes fault like they chose were the trials should be. The date, the place is set the athletes just have to turn up if the clock is dodgy, weather and wind is favourable that's something out of their control. I can understand athletes going to certain meets where you can ran fast times but their national trials is a different story altogether.

I'm sure there must be other athletes on here who have this view
justrunfast

Postby beebee » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:46 am

Facts...

1)The winner of our championships(Gardner) usually is on the podium of any Olympic or WC of that given year.
2)Americans normally have two to three ladies in championship finals.
3)Nothing in recent history would suggest that jamboy or t-monk's assessments are accurate.
beebee

Postby t_monk » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Smoke wrote:t_monk Oliver, Wilson, Richardson, Merritt, Omo, and Stewart have all run as faster or faster in various venues since the US nationals. And check the winds my friend on those races. Still tailwinds out there. I would say nice try but it was not.
Wilson just ran his second fastest time of the season in Paris. Richardson ran a season best (non windy), Oliver dropped a season in Lausanne.
You can keep dancing but you are not dancing to the music playing on the speakers my friend. It is ok, I have long sat around watching your butt hurt tactics. Some free advice, stop posting from your emotion, it is killing your already shaky logic. LOL
no amount of spinning will change the FACT that the hurdlers are running as fast or faster than Iowa.
Here let me help you out so you can walk away with your head up. Des Moines has proven to be a fast track, especially for hurdlers over the years. And the results continually prove that out. I would put Iowa on par with Paris, Eugene, Lausanne, and maybe Berlin for hurdles. These have generally been fast tracks. Barring weather. So far, the results hold to this theory.
Conversely, following the toughest meet in the world, that being US nationals, it is encouraging to see many able to maintain their levels in the weeks since. I know MANY are training again to prepare for Moscow. Making Paris and Lausanne results quite impressive.

Again.... Only Merritt and Oliver had actually improved from my knowledge. I know at least two of those guys haven't improved. One I am no sure about and the other (Stewart) I have no idea who that is.

I see that you saw the need to completely ignore the last part of my post. Let me repeat because you clearly did not see it:
Also let's not forget that unlike the flat 100/200 where tail winds are simply always a good thing and head winds are always a bad thing.... such winds can actually be more detrimental than positive. So for some hurdlers they would have ran better in such conditions while others would simply crash out or not compete as well.
Let me break that post down to you. It is hard to predict the effect that the wind or 'optimum conditions' will have on an athlete. For some the wind can disrupt stride patterns that could be detrimental to a hurdler causing on to run too close to the hurdles which in short can cause more harm than good.

P.S. Your definition 'entire' seems to be misguided at best because entire apparently doesn't mean female and only means half the male hurdlers that run for the US.
t_monk

Previous