Lausanne DL- M100m


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby 18.99s » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:09 am

toyracer wrote:I think you misunderstood my point. I'm only addressing the relay pool, not addressing being named to the overall Jamaican team.

When I said "displace Livermore and Bailey" I meant displace them out of the one available spot in the pool.


However, anybody in any individual event is automatically eligible for relays, so it makes no sense to include Livermore in the list of 6 names submitted to the IAAF, even if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay. So at this point it's just a matter of whether Asafa replaces Oshane Bailey on that list of 6 (if Blake competes), or whether both Asafa and Bailey are on the list (which is the logical result if Blake doesn't compete).
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby justrunfast » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:47 am

26mi235 wrote:
justrunfast wrote:To say it was easy because of the 2.0 wind is a bit pathetic ...


I simply do not understand why is it pathetic to say that running 9.97/2.0 is easier than 9.97/0.0. It is a statement of fact that is probably acceptable to everyone here, especially if I were to change the latter to 9.97/-1.0.

He could have had an easier time breaking the NR if he tried a lot of races in Mexico City but did not make a lot of attempts to do that. I do not think that he would really want the NR with the (a) attached and 2.0 gives about the same assistance as a mile+ in elevation. I think he would have liked to run 9.97 with a little less aiding wind.


On a different issue, here Ashmeade is ahead of Gay early and even well in to the race, yet winds up a quarter second behind. Yet, I think of Ashmeade as a better 200 runner and the fade at the end (I think he lost ground to AP in the second half as well) is surprising. I suppose that when you get left like that after being in it that you might let up or tie up at the end, so that you are better than that 10.05/2.0 looks on paper.


Nope the only people who think like this are people on forums. As long as the wind is 2.0 or less athletes don't care if running 9.97 looks better with less following wind. Of course it looks better but the clock doesn't lie and everyone knows the legal limit.

I no most athletes will look back on races and see how they can execute better or improve certain parts of their race to run quicker times but never have I seen an athlete especially a sprinter who has run under the legal limit try to work out what the wind COULD be taking into factors like temperature etc so many things to think about and you think an athlete is going to bother with external things they cannot change no way!

The thing I don't understand about your post is your saying you "assume" kim Collins would have like to run a NR with less wind something he has no control over what is he meant to do? Is he gonna say scratch that time and say I want to do it when there is less wind.....even though he can't control it?

People forget diamond league is the top circuit competition in the athletics world not many athletes can pick and choose which diamond races they want to do
justrunfast
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby Tuariki » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:31 am

I would take a 9.56 with +2.0 wind over a 9.57 with a -1.0 wind any day because while both times would be a world record, 9.56 is faster, something 26mi365 seems to have trouble appreciating. The great unwashed public doesn't care about the inanities of making time adjustments for altitude, wind, temperature.

What about track type? Perhaps we should give Peter Snell a 1 second credit (at least) for a grass track.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby toyracer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:11 pm

18.99s wrote:
toyracer wrote:I think you misunderstood my point. I'm only addressing the relay pool, not addressing being named to the overall Jamaican team.

When I said "displace Livermore and Bailey" I meant displace them out of the one available spot in the pool.


However, anybody in any individual event is automatically eligible for relays, so it makes no sense to include Livermore in the list of 6 names submitted to the IAAF, even if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay. So at this point it's just a matter of whether Asafa replaces Oshane Bailey on that list of 6 (if Blake competes), or whether both Asafa and Bailey are on the list (which is the logical result if Blake doesn't compete).


Actually, "if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay" then he would HAVE to be named as one of the six in the pool. Yes, technically anyone in an individual event is eligible for selection into the pool but only the six persons actually declared as being in the relay pool can run in the relay.
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby Blues » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:31 pm

toyracer wrote:
18.99s wrote:
toyracer wrote:I think you misunderstood my point. I'm only addressing the relay pool, not addressing being named to the overall Jamaican team.

When I said "displace Livermore and Bailey" I meant displace them out of the one available spot in the pool.


However, anybody in any individual event is automatically eligible for relays, so it makes no sense to include Livermore in the list of 6 names submitted to the IAAF, even if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay. So at this point it's just a matter of whether Asafa replaces Oshane Bailey on that list of 6 (if Blake competes), or whether both Asafa and Bailey are on the list (which is the logical result if Blake doesn't compete).


Actually, "if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay" then he would HAVE to be named as one of the six in the pool. Yes, technically anyone in an individual event is eligible for selection into the pool but only the six persons actually declared as being in the relay pool can run in the relay.


Is that the JAAA rule? I don't think it's the IAAF rule. As far as the IAAF is concerned, anybody can run who's on the team. The actual 4 runners in a particular event have to be submitted at least an hour before the first call for the event, and once the heat is run, only 2 additional athletes are eligible to run in the final. But those athletes don't necessarily have to come from the relay pools. As an example, in the 2011 Daegu 4x4 final, neither the USA 2nd leg (Bershawn Jackson) nor 3rd leg (Angelo Taylor) was among the 6 athletes who were submitted as the USA 4x4 relay pool. Both were on the team for the 400h though.
Blues
 
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby tandfman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:40 pm

That is correct and therefore apart from any internal Jamaican Federation rule that might dictate otherwise, 18.99s is correct in saying that it would make no sense for them to include Livermore in the relay pool. I doubt that the Federation would have such a rule--it would limit the team's flexibility in the relays at the World Championships.
tandfman
 
Posts: 15043
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby ATK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 pm

That's what I had thought before....Livermore is already on the team, so Powell's chances of being on the relay/pool increase.
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby Tuariki » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:18 pm

If JAAA want to win the relay then they will include Asafa,if they are allowed to. As it appears from this discussion that Asafa can be picked then it appear that logic has it the JAAA will include him.
Tuariki
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby ATK » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Random question that hopefully gh can answer.
After the Lausanne DL all of the Universal sports races are posted on the front page (now all the Paris races are up as well). So why was there a separate article in the "Today's Best Reading" section with a CBSSports version of the video? Just curious on knowing why that video was put up as an article? (video is also shorter and not even in English which is more confusing, to me at least)
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby DentyCracker » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:46 pm

"basic" gives a better idea of what the athletes would have done against each other. It is an approximation of course. It is somewhat helpful to us sprint geeks if you don't like it just ignore the posts on it and let us enjoy ourselves. With that out of the way, I would only pick Asafa if he gets to 9.80 "basic" by London's 100m which should have Bolt in it. I am for the best team to be picked. My reasoning is that he has to be running faster than everybody else "basic" except Bolt to justify bringing him in. We also have to assume that KBC, Ashmeade and Carter will be well tapered and ready to run faster at the time of the WC. My Moscow 4x100m team for Jamaica iff AP is ready is Carter to Ashmeade to Bolt to Powell. Sub 37 for sure, Wr maybe with great handoffs. Just about enough to geat the US without Ryan Bailey
DentyCracker
 
Posts: 1648
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Jamaica

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby toyracer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Blues wrote:
toyracer wrote:
18.99s wrote:
toyracer wrote:I think you misunderstood my point. I'm only addressing the relay pool, not addressing being named to the overall Jamaican team.

When I said "displace Livermore and Bailey" I meant displace them out of the one available spot in the pool.


However, anybody in any individual event is automatically eligible for relays, so it makes no sense to include Livermore in the list of 6 names submitted to the IAAF, even if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay. So at this point it's just a matter of whether Asafa replaces Oshane Bailey on that list of 6 (if Blake competes), or whether both Asafa and Bailey are on the list (which is the logical result if Blake doesn't compete).


Actually, "if they ultimately intend to use Livermore on the relay" then he would HAVE to be named as one of the six in the pool. Yes, technically anyone in an individual event is eligible for selection into the pool but only the six persons actually declared as being in the relay pool can run in the relay.


Is that the JAAA rule? I don't think it's the IAAF rule. As far as the IAAF is concerned, anybody can run who's on the team. The actual 4 runners in a particular event have to be submitted at least an hour before the first call for the event, and once the heat is run, only 2 additional athletes are eligible to run in the final. But those athletes don't necessarily have to come from the relay pools. As an example, in the 2011 Daegu 4x4 final, neither the USA 2nd leg (Bershawn Jackson) nor 3rd leg (Angelo Taylor) was among the 6 athletes who were submitted as the USA 4x4 relay pool. Both were on the team for the 400h though.


For the life of me I'm not sure why I thought it was a current provision in the JAAA rules. After searching for it, I realize I am incorrect. Apologies.
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby justrunfast » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:22 pm

2013 Results - Istvan Gyulai Memorial – Hungarian Athletics Grand Prix - Budapest

Pl. Athlete / Team Cnt. Birth Result Score
1. Kim COLLINS SKN 76 9.99 1209
2. Kemar BAILEY-COLE JAM 92 10.07 1181
3. Jacques HARVEY JAM 89 10.18 1144
4. Richard THOMPSON TRI 85 10.26 1117
5. Gabriel MVUMVURE ZIM 88 10.28 1111
6. Simon MAGAKWE RSA 86 10.36 1084
7. Kenroy ANDERSON JAM 87 10.41 1068
8. Daniel BAILEY ANT 86 10.52 1033

Hows 9.99 with +0.2 sound : :D
justrunfast
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby dustoff » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:41 pm

KBC 10.07.....

And people think he is going to challenge for a medal :cry:
dustoff
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby 26mi235 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:53 pm

Final

Does all discussion stop at a medal, nothing else matters in our sport?
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby toyracer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm

dustoff wrote:KBC 10.07.....

And people think he is going to challenge for a medal :cry:


As I noted elsewhere; second race in a row that Kim Collins has beaten Bailey-Cole by 0.08
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby Boxer4robb » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:21 am

toyracer wrote:
dustoff wrote:KBC 10.07.....

And people think he is going to challenge for a medal :cry:


As I noted elsewhere; second race in a row that Kim Collins has beaten Bailey-Cole by 0.08

He was beating kim collins last year by the same margin in terms of times even once with a come from behind victory. I have faith in him. He needs to queue in quickly as wc is around the corner.
Boxer4robb
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Lausanne DL- M100m

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:38 am

Bailey-Cole simply isn't ready; he may never be - even though he's a good talent. I think he's over-rated because Mills said he could be the next Bolt (but, he probably didn't mean 9.58/19.19 which has clouded peoples expectations of him), but with a lot of patience he may get to be a top sprinter.

One other thing for all the people wanting Lemaitre to leave his coach and go to Bailey-Cole's coach, Mills: Bailey-Cole is only marginally better at starting than Lemaitre and he's in a camp with 3 other Olympic medallists.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DecFan, Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron