N. American coverage of 2013 Worlds - tv/online?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

N. American coverage of 2013 Worlds - tv/online?

Postby Serafina8 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Does anyone have any information on who (online or tv) might be providing live or delayed coverage for North American viewers?

In Canada, the CBC online was great (with a few exceptions), but they don't seem to be providing any video coverage of track this year (not sure about CBC tv, but if they do, it will likely only be a couple of hours at weekends.)

Universal hasn't listed anything about the World Championships as far as I could tell, and those of us with Time Warner Cable are screwed anyway. Looking back fondly on the days when one could gladly pay, subscribe, and watch the excellent archives at one's leisure. Even the vagaries of the MLB/WCSN subscriptions look good in retrospect!
Serafina8

Re: N. American coverage of 2013 Worlds - tv/online?

Postby tm71 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:18 pm

The usual suspects during the USATF said that the world championships will be on the channels of NBC (I guess NBC on the weekends and nbcsn on the weekdays) but didn't offer a schedule!
tm71

Postby az2004 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:28 am

tm71 wrote:The usual suspects during the USATF said that the world championships will be on the channels of NBC (I guess NBC on the weekends and nbcsn on the weekdays) but didn't offer a schedule!

I asked the same question and I got a similar response, hope for nbc of the weekends and nbcsn daily the toru de france will be over by them, so they need something to put on
az2004

Postby Serafina8 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:40 pm

az2004 wrote:
tm71 wrote:The usual suspects during the USATF said that the world championships will be on the channels of NBC (I guess NBC on the weekends and nbcsn on the weekdays) but didn't offer a schedule!

I asked the same question and I got a similar response, hope for nbc of the weekends and nbcsn daily the toru de france will be over by them, so they need something to put on

Thanks for the info -- for my viewing purposes, I hope it does turn out to be NBCSN and not Universal!
Serafina8