High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:44 am

Because we're "helping to protect" the kids. :roll:

http://sportspressnw.com/2152016/2013/t ... m-wiaa-law

At 17 and a high school junior, Hannah Cunliffe of Federal Way has a season-best time of 11.53 seconds in the 100 meters, which is 10th nationally in the girls rankings compiled by the authoritative U.S. Track and Field News. Her seasonal best in the 200 is 23.45, also a top 10 number, albeit wind-aided.

But instead of dominating the state Class 2A, 3A and 4A high school track meet that began Friday afternoon at Tacoma’s Mount Tahoma High, Cunliffe watched from the stands. She spent the morning seeking, and failing to get, a temporary restraining order against the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association, which has been insisting for six months that she is ineligible for varsity competition.

The bewildering story played out Friday in the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent, where flustered King County Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira called it “crazy” that the case ended up her court within the hour of the first 100-meter prelims in Tacoma. ...Schapira denied the restraining order ...

In fact, there are instances where the WIAA has created track prelim heats of six, six and five athletes to accommodate those who earlier met state meet-qualifying standards but were unable to perform at the district meets that feed the state fields. But the WIAA made no exception for Cunliffe because it claimed that she was a transfer student who had to sit out the season. A transfer — primarily because she was home-schooled.

...Despite the argument that hardship ruling ignored the facts, despite a plea to let Cunliffe participate even if she was later disqualified because of ineligibility, despite the fact that Cunliffe was not being recruited to the school — the purpose of the transfer rule — and despite the fact that no qualified athlete need be be bumped from the field to accommodate Cunliffe, Schapira ruled that preventing disruption to the meet was the greater good — even though the Cunliffe side had no influence over the federal and state court calendars.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 am

Well at least the nice thing about T&F is that the times and distances matter more than winning a high school state championship, in terms of college and pro prospects. 11.53 will easily land her a scholarship, and she still has another year of high school to improve on that.

But I'm surprised they didn't immediately object to that attorney's lie to the judge (i.e. falsely claiming that another athlete would be displaced if she entered the meet).
Last edited by 18.99s on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby mal » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:27 am

The US has some silly systems.

At the end of the day its one meet. At the end of her time this will be a story only because its a story. In some states home schooled means you can compete as an individual. I don't know about Washington.

However there are many more ways to show the law is sometimes an ass, than this girl's circumstances.
mal
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Marlow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:42 am

This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Blues » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:05 am

Seems like she got a bum deal in her home state, but on Tuesday and Wednesday Hannah was able to make the US team for the World Youth Championships in Donetsk in both the 100 and the 200.
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby user4 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.


prosecutor discretion used to mean something, it seems that bureaucracies and the people that fill them have lost so much of their common sense. The inability to discern between an abuse and a home schooled kid trying to compete marks our times. Though Im not even sure that the real abuses in Florida are as bad as you describe them. And of course Washington track is not Florida football.
user4
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Blues wrote:Seems like she got a bum deal in her home state, but on Tuesday and Wednesday Hannah was able to make the US team for the World Youth Championships in Donetsk in both the 100 and the 200.


Then why isn't she listed in the 200m results ( http://www.usatf.org/events/2013/USAYou ... s/P503.asp ) , and the schedule shows the 100m hasn't been run yet?
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Grasshopper » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:46 pm

18.99s wrote:
Blues wrote:Seems like she got a bum deal in her home state, but on Tuesday and Wednesday Hannah was able to make the US team for the World Youth Championships in Donetsk in both the 100 and the 200.


Then why isn't she listed in the 200m results ( http://www.usatf.org/events/2013/USAYou ... s/P503.asp ) , and the schedule shows the 100m hasn't been run yet?

The Youth Championships appear to be a separate event from the World Youth Trials. Here's the results list from the trials where this girl competed: http://www.usatf.org/events/2013/WorldY ... hedule.asp
Grasshopper
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: In front of my computer

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.

I agree that this is a football/basketball driven problem but in those sports absence, this rule and rules like them would still exist. The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?). The problem is the adults. A child should never lose eligibility. Sports, for better or worse, are as much a part of the educational process as band, theater arts, or the glee club and since student don't lose their ability to participate at their new schools if they transfer when engaging in these activities then it should be the same for sports. If they wanna argue that homeschooled kids can't play. fine, but that's already been settled by the courts.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:39 pm

batonless relay wrote:I agree that this is a football/basketball driven problem but in those sports absence, this rule and rules like them would still exist. The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?). The problem is the adults. A child should never lose eligibility. Sports, for better or worse, are as much a part of the educational process as band, theater arts, or the glee club and since student don't lose their ability to participate at their new schools if they transfer when engaging in these activities then it should be the same for sports.

The trouble is that if they can switch schools willy-nilly without interruption of sports eligibility, academics takes a back seat to their sporting involvement. For other activities like marching band and glee club, the desire just isn't there to keep switching or recruit heavily so there is no need to police against it.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 pm

18.99s wrote:
batonless relay wrote:I agree that this is a football/basketball driven problem but in those sports absence, this rule and rules like them would still exist. The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?). The problem is the adults. A child should never lose eligibility. Sports, for better or worse, are as much a part of the educational process as band, theater arts, or the glee club and since student don't lose their ability to participate at their new schools if they transfer when engaging in these activities then it should be the same for sports.

The trouble is that if they can switch schools willy-nilly without interruption of sports eligibility, academics takes a back seat to their sporting involvement. For other activities like marching band and glee club, the incentives just aren't there to keep switching or recruit heavily so there is no need to police against it.

There isn't a need to police any type of transfer. As long as a school has an open desk a child should be allowed to fill it and be able to do anything at that school that the child could have done at the old school. Stop making stuff up. There is no evidence that transfers are going to do worse academically than had they stayed at the original school.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:01 pm

batonless relay wrote:There isn't a need to police any type of transfer. As long as a school has an open desk a child should be allowed to fill it and be able to do anything at that school that the child could have done at the old school. Stop making stuff up. There is no evidence that transfers are going to do worse academically than had they stayed at the original school.


There is evidence of them doing worse academically, and of underhandedness and bribery in recruiting from one school to another. Having to sit out a season reduces the incentives for those shenanigans.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Blues » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Grasshopper wrote:
18.99s wrote:
Blues wrote:Seems like she got a bum deal in her home state, but on Tuesday and Wednesday Hannah was able to make the US team for the World Youth Championships in Donetsk in both the 100 and the 200.


Then why isn't she listed in the 200m results ( http://www.usatf.org/events/2013/USAYou ... s/P503.asp ) , and the schedule shows the 100m hasn't been run yet?

The Youth Championships appear to be a separate event from the World Youth Trials. Here's the results list from the trials where this girl competed: http://www.usatf.org/events/2013/WorldY ... hedule.asp


Thank you Grasshopper. Below is the USA team roster for the IAAF World Youth Championships in the Ukraine.

http://www.usatf.org/News/USATF-Announc ... -Team.aspx
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Dutra5 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.


I think Florida is leaving at least some enforcement up to individual counties. I know that both Hillsborough and Pasco have initiated a review committee and will not allow a transferee eligibility for a year unless the transferee meets certain guidelines which go beyond "I want to play football at this school, basketball at this other school and run track at this third school".
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:22 am

18.99s wrote:
batonless relay wrote:There isn't a need to police any type of transfer. As long as a school has an open desk a child should be allowed to fill it and be able to do anything at that school that the child could have done at the old school. Stop making stuff up. There is no evidence that transfers are going to do worse academically than had they stayed at the original school.


There is evidence of them doing worse academically, and of underhandedness and bribery in recruiting from one school to another. Having to sit out a season reduces the incentives for those shenanigans.

1. If there is evidence show it, otherwise, it's obvious that you're not telling the truth.
2. Bribery and underhandedness? How? If it's not "bribery and underhandedness" for Facebook to recruit Google engineers than its not bribery for School A to "recruit" an athlete from School B. I don't care what they promise the kid as long as s/he gets it, it's a square deal. It's fair play and it should all be out in the open.
2. So the child has to sit out a year is an incentive? How long does the coach sit out? :roll: You're siding with nonsense.

**and if you're really truly concerned about students academics and believe that removing athletics will help that, then why not remove sports from school altogether? Or only allow A students to compete? Or are you advocating for the free-for-all transfers of A students?
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:09 am

batonless relay wrote:2. Bribery and underhandedness? How? If it's not "bribery and underhandedness" for Facebook to recruit Google engineers than its not bribery for School A to "recruit" an athlete from School B. I don't care what they promise the kid as long as s/he gets it, it's a square deal. It's fair play and it should all be out in the open.

Google engineers are professionals in what they do; high school players aren't. If you think it's OK to entice high school athletes and their parents by paying them money or providing other benefits like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CzjE#t=60s), your brain is in an entirely different universe and there's no use in debating this with you; we'll just have to agree to disagree.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:25 am

18.99s wrote:
batonless relay wrote:2. Bribery and underhandedness? How? If it's not "bribery and underhandedness" for Facebook to recruit Google engineers than its not bribery for School A to "recruit" an athlete from School B. I don't care what they promise the kid as long as s/he gets it, it's a square deal. It's fair play and it should all be out in the open.

Google engineers are professionals in what they do; high school players aren't. If you think it's OK to entice high school athletes and their parents by paying them money or providing other benefits like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... CzjE#t=60s), your brain is in an entirely different universe and there's no use in debating this with you; we'll just have to agree to disagree.


Advocating that a child, who YOU say is the innocent bystander, be punished for the actions of an adult (recruiting?) is like punishing the concrete for the Jackass who just jumped 50 stories to his death. That makes sense to you but my brain is on an entirely different universe? That's nice. :roll:
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby sashieden » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:44 am

I went to a Washington State high school, in the late 90s. I saw plenty of kids transfer in and out of the school play that year, as well as sit. It always worked out if their address was in the school district they were cleared right away. If they were transfering and lived in a different district they would have to sit, it never mattered the reason.

The only ruling I heard of that surprised me was when we had some exchange students that wanted to run track and play soccer. The board ended up clearing them all for varsity.
sashieden
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Mighty Favog » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:48 am

I'm solidly with the federation on this one. I don't think our rules are draconian enough in my state.
Mighty Favog
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby 18.99s » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:07 am

sashieden wrote:The only ruling I heard of that surprised me was when we had some exchange students that wanted to run track and play soccer. The board ended up clearing them all for varsity.


That shouldn't be a surprise; it seems to be the standard for exchange students. They get to play sports in US high schools without having to sit out a year (and they're usually in the US for just 1 year anyway), and American students abroad get to do the same.
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:42 am

Mighty Favog wrote:I'm solidly with the federation on this one. I don't think our rules are draconian enough in my state.

I'm sure you believe the federation should kill the child or at least the ones from undesirable zip codes.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby sashieden » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:44 am

In previous years the exchange students were always allowed to play, but they had to be on JV. In cross country and track they could compete but they weren't allowed to score for the team or qualify for any of the post season races.
sashieden
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:24 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby mal » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 am

Too many "elected" officials and government in people's lives.

Too much emphasis on sport in general.
mal
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Mighty Favog » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:37 am

batonless relay wrote:
Mighty Favog wrote:I'm solidly with the federation on this one. I don't think our rules are draconian enough in my state.

I'm sure you believe the federation should kill the child or at least the ones from undesirable zip codes.
Since you know so much about me, you must also assume I want to commit suicide given that I grew up in an undesirable zip code and work in the schools in that zip code.
Mighty Favog
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby polevaultpower » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 am

I am from WA and I think the WIAA made the right call.
polevaultpower
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: A Temperate Island

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby JumboElliott » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:55 am

Going to a certain high school because they're better at sports is insane.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:07 am

Staying at a school that under performs academically or athletically is even more insane.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Marlow » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 am

JumboElliott wrote:Going to a certain high school because they're better at sports is insane.

Then there are THOUSANDS of insane parents/kids. If it's the difference between a full-ride or no scholarship at all (visibility and a successful program being often a key factor in recruitment), then I can see why. it happens ALL the time in football and basketball, where scholarships are more available.
Marlow
 
Posts: 21088
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere over the . . . hill

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby user4 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:03 am

Marlow wrote:
JumboElliott wrote:Going to a certain high school because they're better at sports is insane.

Then there are THOUSANDS of insane parents/kids. If it's the difference between a full-ride or no scholarship at all (visibility and a successful program being often a key factor in recruitment), then I can see why. it happens ALL the time in football and basketball, where scholarships are more available.


Marlow wrote:.. there are THOUSANDS of insane parents ..


something we can agree on.
user4
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:06 am

Marlow wrote:
JumboElliott wrote:Going to a certain high school because they're better at sports is insane.

Then there are THOUSANDS of insane parents/kids. If it's the difference between a full-ride or no scholarship at all (visibility and a successful program being often a key factor in recruitment), then I can see why. it happens ALL the time in football and basketball, where scholarships are more available.

Absolutely! It makes a difference in a lot of sports. There is NO WAY that Sanya Richards' (SR-R) family could have afforded St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft. Lauderdale. Thankfully, that school "enrolls" kids from all over South Florida.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby lonewolf » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 am

Yep, I have a cousin whose twin daughters were recruited to an academically and athletically prestigious school, that they could not have afforded, on soccer scholarship. the pay-off, they were both selected for national age-group teams and are now being recruited by multiple DI universities.
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby Dutra5 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:49 pm

In the "if you can play they'll find you" thought process....I know two kids from a football program which was poor performance wise (winless at least one season) who ended up receiving scholarships to FCS programs. One reason was the kids academic ability in addition to being pretty good players. On the other hand, many kids transferred out of the same school to attend "better" programs and ended up with either nothing to show for it at all or lower level football and/or academic institutions at best.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby DJG » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:05 pm

batonless relay wrote:
Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.

The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?).


Would be glad to believe what you wrote I said when you show where and when I said/posted it.

As the resident moralist, as you anointed me, I don't condone outright lies. I accept your apology.
DJG
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:33 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby user4 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

all I can think is that it is June 28th and the sport is reduced to this topic... the death spiral of T&F continues.
user4
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 pm

DJG wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.

The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?).


Would be glad to believe what you wrote I said when you show where and when I said/posted it.

As the resident moralist, as you anointed me, I don't condone outright lies. I accept your apology.

Neither do I condone lies. YOU SAID IT. I don't expect you to admit, moral fortitude notwithstanding, but an apology is in order...from you.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43013&hilit=transfer
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby DJG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:20 am

batonless relay wrote:
DJG wrote:
batonless relay wrote:
Marlow wrote:This is yet another case of how football and basketball shenanigans eff us over. There are indeed real 'recruiting' problems that those two sports' fanatics create for high schools and when the national and state federations have to plug all the holes, kids like her get caught in the mess. It looks like Florida is heading in a free-for-all direction where kids could transfer after each sport's season and play for three different schools in one year. I'm all for less restrictions, but that sounds awful also.

The problem isn't the kids, they should be allowed to transfer AT WILL and it's a relief to see a state like Florida (where Football is IMPORTANT) paving the way (would you believe that our resident moralist, DJG, of the Tyson Gay should give up his spot thread, said that idea of "at will" transfer was stupid, and ethically and morally bankrupt?).


Would be glad to believe what you wrote I said when you show where and when I said/posted it.

As the resident moralist, as you anointed me, I don't condone outright lies. I accept your
apology.

Neither do I condone lies. YOU SAID IT. I don't expect you to admit, moral fortitude notwithstanding, but an apology is in order...from you.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43013&hilit=transfer


Sorry, 7-sided (batonlessrelay), but I re-read the thread from Two years ago that you cite and I still don't see "at will transfers, ...morally bankrupt...", but You are correct that I think your position is stupid. Which you have every right morally and ethically to be.

Suggestion: When you want to re-argue what was posted Two Years ago, under a different name, maybe you should alert your targets to what you are doing. That again I believe is being a good sport. Take care and good luck with your campaign for open enrollments.
DJG
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:33 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby batonless relay » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:43 am

HAHA! I knew you didn't have it in you! It just ate at you that the essence of what I had you re-read was EXACTLY your sentiments! Hung with your own necktie of self-righteousness.

Every single person who has ever called me a liar on this board, a word that I'm not allowed to use fwiw, has been proven to be the one telling the falsehoods. It doesn't matter when you said it, or what iteration of poster you said it to, if you said it, own it...because it's yours.

Anyway, we disagree and probably always will - until you see the error of your ways. The sad part for me is that people like you (and there are a few on this very thread) are connected with sport in any capacity or anything at all really. You say you're "giving yout time" to give the appearance of martyrdom, but you all are busy bodies in search of something to control. These are kids and they have the RIGHT to play, every day, without restriction as long as they're academically eligible.

If you really want to be a good sport instead of being the self-appointed moralist of Track & Field by trying to disqualify kids for seeking the best possible opportunity; or disqualify Tyson Gay for whatever imagined crime, in your mind, that you believe he's committed (a self-DQ that only you seem to believe should happen) you should do something else. Seriously, quit every aspect of this sport. Because, I think it's a shame that kids are a captive audience for coaches like you. And I hope you never ever have to do open enrollments ever again. You need to be a forensic accountant, not a coach - definitely not a mentor or advisor.
batonless relay
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby DJG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:15 am

batonless relay wrote:HAHA! I knew you didn't have it in you! It just ate at you that the essence of what I had you re-read was EXACTLY your sentiments! Hung with your own necktie of self-righteousness.

Every single person who has ever called me a liar on this board, a word that I'm not allowed to use fwiw, has been proven to be the one telling the falsehoods. It doesn't matter when you said it, or what iteration of poster you said it to, if you said it, own it...because it's yours.

Anyway, we disagree and probably always will - until you see the error of your ways. The sad part for me is that people like you (and there are a few on this very thread) are connected with sport in any capacity or anything at all really. You say you're "giving yout time" to give the appearance of martyrdom, but you all are busy bodies in search of something to control. These are kids and they have the RIGHT to play, every day, without restriction as long as they're academically eligible.

If you really want to be a good sport instead of being the self-appointed moralist of Track & Field by trying to disqualify kids for seeking the best possible opportunity; or disqualify Tyson Gay for whatever imagined crime, in your mind, that you believe he's committed (a self-DQ that only you seem to believe should happen) you should do something else. Seriously, quit every aspect of this sport. Because, I think it's a shame that kids are a captive audience for coaches like you. And I hope you never ever have to do open enrollments ever again. You need to be a forensic accountant, not a coach - definitely not a mentor or advisor.


Thanks for the good advice, Doc, how much do I owe you for the therapy sessions?

I assume you are not "giving your time" for any appearances whatsoever.
DJG
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:33 am

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby gh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:21 am

Happy July 4 week to the board! You won't have to listen to these two snipers for the next week.

And this the last "mini-ban" for batonless, whose next decision to be rude (his specialty) comes with a life sentence.
gh
 
Posts: 46323
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: High School Transfer Rules: Hannah Cunliffe

Postby kuha » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:52 am

gh wrote:And this the last "mini-ban" for batonless, whose next decision to be rude (his specialty) comes with a life sentence.


Just wondering: For HIM, or just for this latest handle? This is the guy with two "life" bans already.
kuha
 
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], eldanielfire, tgs3 and 13 guests