USATF TV and Webcast

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: USATF TV and Webcast

Postby gh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:45 pm

the problem here is that what you consider reasonable bitching is more equivalent to a guy walking around in sack cloth with a sign that says "the end is near." Sometimes you just need to recite the serenity prayer and realize that you're so far away from reality that it's pointless.
gh

Postby 26mi235 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:00 pm

gh wrote:sorry, you guys just don't get the reality of mass-media coverage. My advice, much as you'll hate it, is quit bitching and accept what you get with good grace.

A lot of drama on the selection of the NCAA Tourney teams and not too much of it is focused on the top seed, which is often pretty much known. Yes, the situation is different because everyone is looking to see where 'their' team goes, but it is not for first, it is qualifying.
26mi235

Postby TN1965 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 pm

If I am not mistaken, neither Felix nor Tarmoh won the 100 in the last year's trial. So only those who were personally involved should have cared... :wink:

And I know next to nothing about horse racing, but isn't it rather important who finishes 2nd and 3rd? A "place" bet allows you to win money if your horse finishes in top two or three.
TN1965

Previous