Gatlin warns Bolt: Be prepared for a Dogfight

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Gatlin warns Bolt: Be prepared for a Dogfight

Postby jamboy » Sat May 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Gatlin trying to stay in the news. Trying to remain relevant.

Be humble like Tyson Gay and stop the trash talking. Let your feet do the talking on the track.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/ma ... -bolt-doha
"Of course there's a rivalry, we want to beat them and they want to beat us," Rodgers said. "We've got to even out the playing field. On any day you can beat them. They've got to tie their shoes just like you've got to tie your shoes."
jamboy

Re: Gatlin warns Bolt: Be prepared for a Dogfight

Postby ExCoastRanger » Sat May 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Gatlin said no such thing. The "warning" is strictly the language of the writer and the headline writer. Here's what Gatlin said, in case somebody didn't read the link you posted:

"I don't turn up to races trying to be second and third, I train to go out there and run fast and be dominant in the race," he said. "You want a mixture of great athletes, you want to come to an event where you really don't know who's going to win. You want to go out there and have a really good dogfight. You've got to let him [Bolt] do what he does and I'll do what I do. When we meet each other, may the best man win."
ExCoastRanger

Re: Gatlin warns Bolt: Be prepared for a Dogfight

Postby bignate88 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:41 pm

jamboy wrote:Gatlin trying to stay in the news. Trying to remain relevant.

Be humble like Tyson Gay and stop the trash talking. Let your feet do the talking on the track.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/ma ... -bolt-doha
"Of course there's a rivalry, we want to beat them and they want to beat us," Rodgers said. "We've got to even out the playing field. On any day you can beat them. They've got to tie their shoes just like you've got to tie your shoes."

Nothing to discuss here :arrow: :arrow:
bignate88