¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby gh » Fri May 10, 2013 7:12 am

1
ATKINS Derrick
BAH

2
FRANCIS Samuel
QAT

3
RODGERS Michael
USA

4
GATLIN Justin
USA

5
CARTER Nesta
JAM

6
COLLINS Kim
SKN

7
YOUNG Jason
JAM

8
HARVEY Jacques
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby shivfan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:26 am

Commentators and announcers mixing up Francis and Harvey...I guess all black people look alike!
:D
shivfan
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby Weights&Shoes » Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 am

Justin Gatlin wins in 9.97
Weights&Shoes
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby shivfan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 am

Gatlin wins in 9.97, the second fastest time in the world this year....

Between Carter and Rodgers for second.
shivfan
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby Weights&Shoes » Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

Nice race, good to see Gay and now Gatlin showing up with nice results.
Weights&Shoes
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby shivfan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am

Men's 100m....

1) Justin Gatlin 9.97
2) Mike Rodgers 9.99
3) Nesta Carter 9.99
4) Kim Collins 10.04

Harvey and Young seventh and eighth in 10.17 and 10.21 respectively....
shivfan
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby Grasshopper » Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am

DCSIGMA wrote:How so?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OMKbbgMCbHw/U ... ll_002.jpg
"...the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them."
Grasshopper
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: In front of my computer

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby gh » Fri May 10, 2013 9:34 am

even better is banning them.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby Weights&Shoes » Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 am

gh wrote:even better is banning them.


PLEASE tell me you just did that?
Weights&Shoes
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby bignate88 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 am

Nice run for Samuel FRancis. He hasn't run nearly that fast in a while. Hoping he can dip under 10 again
bignate88
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby toyracer » Fri May 10, 2013 9:48 am

6 ATKINS Derrick BAH 10.14 SB 0.151

Interesting
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby 26mi235 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:01 am

9.97 0.170 GATLIN Justin USA SB
9.99 0.155 RODGERS Michael USA SB
9.99 0.152 CARTER Nesta JAM SB
10.04 0.164 COLLINS Kim SKN SB
10.08 0.139 FRANCIS Samuel QAT SB
10.14 0.151 ATKINS Derrick BAH SB
10.17 0.146 HARVEY Jacques JAM =SB
10.21 0.157 YOUNG Jason JAM =SB
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Grasshopper » Fri May 10, 2013 10:25 am

26mi235 wrote:9.97 0.170 GATLIN Justin USA SB
9.99 0.155 RODGERS Michael USA SB
9.99 0.152 CARTER Nesta JAM SB
10.04 0.164 COLLINS Kim SKN SB
10.08 0.139 FRANCIS Samuel QAT SB
10.14 0.151 ATKINS Derrick BAH SB
10.17 0.146 HARVEY Jacques JAM =SB
10.21 0.157 YOUNG Jason JAM =SB

Pretty poor reaction-time for Gatlin, the slowest of the field by far.
Grasshopper
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: In front of my computer

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby bignate88 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am

Grasshopper wrote:
26mi235 wrote:9.97 0.170 GATLIN Justin USA SB
9.99 0.155 RODGERS Michael USA SB
9.99 0.152 CARTER Nesta JAM SB
10.04 0.164 COLLINS Kim SKN SB
10.08 0.139 FRANCIS Samuel QAT SB
10.14 0.151 ATKINS Derrick BAH SB
10.17 0.146 HARVEY Jacques JAM =SB
10.21 0.157 YOUNG Jason JAM =SB

Pretty poor reaction-time for Gatlin, the slowest of the field by far.

That's a normai reaction time for Gatlin
bignate88
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby DrJay » Fri May 10, 2013 10:43 am

Wind +1.2
DrJay
 
Posts: 5485
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Woodland Park, CO

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Conor Dary » Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 am

Grasshopper wrote:
26mi235 wrote:9.97 0.170 GATLIN Justin USA SB
9.99 0.155 RODGERS Michael USA SB
9.99 0.152 CARTER Nesta JAM SB
10.04 0.164 COLLINS Kim SKN SB
10.08 0.139 FRANCIS Samuel QAT SB
10.14 0.151 ATKINS Derrick BAH SB
10.17 0.146 HARVEY Jacques JAM =SB
10.21 0.157 YOUNG Jason JAM =SB

Pretty poor reaction-time for Gatlin, the slowest of the field by far.


yea, 13 thousandths of a second slower than the next guy. What a turtle.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby 26mi235 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:09 am

0.170 - 0.163 = 0.007; not much difference. It might look larger because the variance across the others was fairly small.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Conor Dary » Fri May 10, 2013 11:58 am

26mi235 wrote:0.170 - 0.163 = 0.007; not much difference. It might look larger because the variance across the others was fairly small.


How could I have missed that one. 7 Thousandths of a second. What a snail.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby lovetorun » Fri May 10, 2013 12:03 pm

With Gay, Gatlin, Rogers and ? running so well...our 4 X 100m team may be hard to beat in Moscow. We actually seem to be looking better than the Jamaican sprinters so far. :)
lovetorun
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby DoubleRBar » Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 pm

So far.
DoubleRBar
 
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:21 am
Location: Mineral City

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby ZELLGADISS » Fri May 10, 2013 12:35 pm

If Bolt and Blake are in great shape like last year, with 2 good runners plus(kemar,frater,carter,powell,..)i think that Jamaica will win in 4x100 again :wink:
ZELLGADISS
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Weights&Shoes » Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

What's the status on Walter Dix?
Weights&Shoes
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Grasshopper » Fri May 10, 2013 1:41 pm

Weights&Shoes wrote:What's the status on Walter Dix?

He opened his season with a 10.11 (+1.0) at the Occidental College Invite a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.oxyathletics.com/sports/wtra ... esults.htm
Grasshopper
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: In front of my computer

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby user4 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:45 pm

ZELLGADISS wrote:If Bolt and Blake are in great shape like last year, with 2 good runners plus(kemar,frater,carter,powell,..)i think that Jamaica will win in 4x100 again :wink:


are you sure you want to go out on a limb like that ;)
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby The Klingon » Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 pm

gh wrote:even better is banning them.



What exactly do you mean? Ban who?
The Klingon
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:25 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby ZELLGADISS » Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm

user4 wrote:
ZELLGADISS wrote:If Bolt and Blake are in great shape like last year, with 2 good runners plus(kemar,frater,carter,powell,..)i think that Jamaica will win in 4x100 again :wink:


are you sure you want to go out on a limb like that ;)


Im sure that if Bolt and Blake are in great shape, more or less like in 2012, they will win 4x100m in Moscow.
Of course if both or one of them are in not very good shape and TEAM USA are in great shape, USA will win :wink:
ZELLGADISS
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:13 am

Re: Doha DL: m100

Postby Dutra5 » Fri May 10, 2013 2:34 pm

The Klingon wrote:
gh wrote:even better is banning them.



What exactly do you mean? Ban who?


There were some posts pulled which would explain.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby jamboy » Fri May 10, 2013 2:51 pm

Lets not get too excited. Bolt and Blake will be fine come WC in Moscow. The 4 x 100m gold medal has already been reserved :D
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby 26mi235 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Gold medals have to be earned, Bolt would be appalled at the thought that someone thinks that they should get it because they have a 'reservation'. Stay with useful content; saying for the 22nd time that you know that they are going to win is a useless exercise.

And, hey, this is a relay and the Jamaicans do not have a lot better record than the Americans about getting the stick around and you can easily lose the raw-sprint margin between the two teams in several mediocre exchanges or one bad one..
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Weights&Shoes » Fri May 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I thought there was a banning gh? I only see posts removed.
Weights&Shoes
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:58 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby blinger » Fri May 10, 2013 3:37 pm

what the hell is wrong with some of you posters last year before olympics gatlin was talking off his mouth and after bolt responded with a 9.7 he was no where to be found and all doubters you will be silence this year again you never seems to learn bolt and blake is playing possum lol!!! our 4x1 is number one and will trash usa again you can bet on that there is no usa runner who can run that curve as fast as bolt in a relay or individually watch out
blinger
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby bignate88 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:33 pm

blinger wrote:what the hell is wrong with some of you posters last year before olympics gatlin was talking off his mouth and after bolt responded with a 9.7 he was no where to be found and all doubters you will be silence this year again you never seems to learn bolt and blake is playing possum lol!!! our 4x1 is number one and will trash usa again you can bet on that there is no usa runner who can run that curve as fast as bolt in a relay or individually watch out

Preach troll!! Amen and Amen! :lol:
bignate88
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby t_monk » Sat May 11, 2013 5:43 am

I've chosen not to watch Bolt (specifically Bolt) because he has a way of showing up for majors and showing up in and around world record form everytime. The 100/200 is downright predictable if where the gold medal is concerned.

Barring false starts.
t_monk
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby Trackrunner » Sat May 11, 2013 7:20 am

It is interesting in all of this discussion how Bolt's 14.42s run in Rio a few weeks ago has been completely discounted especially since it was .07s off his world best and done so early in the season - more than a month before the world best time he set in Manchester(March 31st - Rio run, May 17th - Manchester run). Completely and surprisingly discounted when we all know what happened in Berlin a few months later.
Trackrunner
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby GHM » Sat May 11, 2013 8:20 am

Kim Collins 10.11 ! This must be the age 37 best. Is it?

Formidable Barriers to Be Challenged:
Sub 10.0 for a 40 year old master. This is really hard because the record is 10.29.

sub 28 min for men 10k. Geb can do it now.

sub 15 min and 31 min for women 5k and 10k.
GHM
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby aaronk » Sat May 11, 2013 10:11 am

GHM wrote:Kim Collins 10.11 ! This must be the age 37 best. Is it?

Formidable Barriers to Be Challenged:
Sub 10.0 for a 40 year old master. This is really hard because the record is 10.29.

sub 28 min for men 10k. Geb can do it now.

sub 15 min and 31 min for women 5k and 10k.


The age 37 best for men is 10.04 by Linford Christie, in 1997.
Age 38 record is 10.38 by Christie.
Age 39 record is 10.28 by Troy Douglas.
And age 40 record is by Douglas, a 10.29.

I started a thread on "formidable barriers".
Check it out.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: ¶Doha DL: m100—Gatlin 9.97

Postby ATK » Sat May 11, 2013 12:28 pm

aaronk wrote:
GHM wrote:Kim Collins 10.11 ! This must be the age 37 best. Is it?

Formidable Barriers to Be Challenged:
Sub 10.0 for a 40 year old master. This is really hard because the record is 10.29.

sub 28 min for men 10k. Geb can do it now.

sub 15 min and 31 min for women 5k and 10k.


The age 37 best for men is 10.04 by Linford Christie, in 1997.
Age 38 record is 10.38 by Christie.
Age 39 record is 10.28 by Troy Douglas.
And age 40 record is by Douglas, a 10.29.

I started a thread on "formidable barriers".
Check it out.


Are we reading the same results? Did Kim Collins not just run a 10.04?...
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], scottmitchell74 and 8 guests