Svetlana Feofanova


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby gh » Wed May 15, 2013 1:43 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
gh wrote:
That wasn't remotely snide. It was a flat-out warning to cease and desist. Thanks.


It comes across as snide and afterwards slightly threating, you can't be serious about threatening somebody for criticising the resistance to the metric system?
...


there is no resistance. There's a flat-out rejection, and reducing criticism to attacks on a nation's beliefs won't be tolerated.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby iain » Wed May 15, 2013 3:43 pm

gh wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
gh wrote:
That wasn't remotely snide. It was a flat-out warning to cease and desist. Thanks.


It comes across as snide and afterwards slightly threating, you can't be serious about threatening somebody for criticising the resistance to the metric system?
...


there is no resistance. There's a flat-out rejection, and reducing criticism to attacks on a nation's beliefs won't be tolerated.


I don't want to get into an argument again but that is untrue.
iain
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:50 am

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby polevaultpower » Wed May 15, 2013 6:07 pm

eldanielfire wrote:
Didn't Feofanova have a major falling out with Isinbayeva? I've heard references to how they don't like each other or are enemies. Does anybody know how this happened or what the supposed rumours were about it?


I don't know of any elite female vaulters who like Isinbayeva. She's not a very nice person when she is competing and as far as I know makes no effort to be pleasant toward other vaulters outside the arena either. Most vaulters are pretty chummy.
polevaultpower
 
Posts: 4534
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: A Temperate Island

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby eldanielfire » Wed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm

polevaultpower wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Didn't Feofanova have a major falling out with Isinbayeva? I've heard references to how they don't like each other or are enemies. Does anybody know how this happened or what the supposed rumours were about it?


I don't know of any elite female vaulters who like Isinbayeva. She's not a very nice person when she is competing and as far as I know makes no effort to be pleasant toward other vaulters outside the arena either. Most vaulters are pretty chummy.


I always took that as her needing to be focused in competition, the blanket etc. Some athletes are like that. Outside pole vaulting she seems such a family oriented person, helping out with her sisters child, close to her parents etc. Though loving the high life as well.
eldanielfire
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby Ref » Thu May 16, 2013 2:41 am

iain wrote:
gh wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
gh wrote:
That wasn't remotely snide. It was a flat-out warning to cease and desist. Thanks.


It comes across as snide and afterwards slightly threating, you can't be serious about threatening somebody for criticising the resistance to the metric system?
...


there is no resistance. There's a flat-out rejection, and reducing criticism to attacks on a nation's beliefs won't be tolerated.


I don't want to get into an argument again but that is untrue.

Completely concur. There is no hint whatsoever of the purported attacks. From a neutral's perspective (a non-American) that reaction appears completely disproportionate and unfounded.

There is always the "might is right" fallback of an administrator; but really, this is neither a civil not wholly rational way to debate, and is certainly reading-in things that are simply not there.

The out-of-line poster is clearly the one wielding the ban-hammer; on this thread's evidence, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it swung.
Ref
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Svetlana Feofanova

Postby lonewolf » Thu May 16, 2013 7:11 am

I will not participate in a pissing match about the right/wrong of this bone of contention but, IMO, gh is much more lenient as an administrator than I would be..
But then, some would say Genghis Khan would be more lenient than I. :)
lonewolf
 
Posts: 8816
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Indian Territory

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media and 10 guests