Re-Run: San Diego...800's, 1 mile's...and Cain

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Re-Run: San Diego...800's, 1 mile's...and Cain

Postby aaronk » Mon May 06, 2013 8:49 am

KevinM wrote:
aaronk wrote:But my guess would be, if not Oxy, then probably the NY meet, since she could just take the subway there!! :)

The subway serves neither Bronxville nor Randalls Island. Metro North RR and MTA bus is the way to get there via public transit.

Correct!
And I should know that, having ridden the subways 100's of times in my first 15 years, when I lived in NE New Jersey and the Bronx (NOT Bronxville!!).
Actually, I was just using the subway metaphorically.
I meant that since she lives so close, the NY DL would be the easiest meet to get to for her, as opposed to the Oxy meet. :)
aaronk

Postby az2004 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:49 am

Martinez did mention ny end of month

right now simpson and mattirtinez in des mines, might well be the race I want to see as Martinez kick might well be her edge to the 1500 team

simpson has the auto being daegu winner so cain has a chnce given she can run an a qual

want to see ny and Eugene before picking the team but cain has a figteres chance
az2004

Postby az2004 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

exdrake wrote:Cain really did run an awful lot of that race in lane 2, border lane 3.

the interview with cain admitted to this the good point the 1500 not the 800 is her race
az2004

Postby wineturtle » Mon May 06, 2013 9:16 am

New meet, tied in with local road race,USA National class(or better) entrants mix in some local level races. good Job, good idea.
Congrats to Peter Hess and his group for putting this on. Let's hope they found reason to do it again next year. Would have been nice to see the results up online quicker but siht happens. I'm betting they have a backup plan to overcome these 'glitches' next year.
I just love this breath of fresh air called Mary Cain ( hey us NYC area kids stick together!)
Nice to see Sowinski and AJ running in the meet- from posters on Dye and tracktalk.net to the pros it has been fun watching them grow up.
I really like the short format meet and the roadrace tie-in. Now they need to get more seats in the seats and I think with this success they will have more than a fighting chance to do it.
Congratulations all around.
wineturtle