rudisha 45.15 for 400


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

rudisha 45.15 for 400

Postby doug5321 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:36 am

alberto stretti is reporting on his twitter david rudisha ran a 44.80 for 400 today in kasarani.
doug5321
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby beebee » Fri May 03, 2013 9:40 am

Next to Bolt as the world's greatest runner...this man can run in the 43's.
beebee
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby gktrack » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am

gktrack
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby donley2 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:44 am

Not that any reasonable person would disagree that Rudisha has a lot of 400 potential, but Kasarani appears to be at roughly 4800 feet (1467 meters) or so.
donley2
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby aaronk » Fri May 03, 2013 9:47 am

An 0.7 improvement, if his previous PR of 45.50 was correct.
Not bad!
Also gives him a faster 400 than Gay, Bolt, Blake, and Spearmon.

ADD: Looks like Gay and Bolt etc keep their bragging rights!!
DR ran 45.15.
Still, an improvement of 0.35 ain't bad!!
Last edited by aaronk on Fri May 03, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3364
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: rudisha 45.15 for 400

Postby doug5321 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 am

now corrected to 45.15 https://twitter.com/albertostretti
doug5321
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby 26mi235 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 am

45.15 at altitude is probably not better than 45.5; much different from that 44.80 headline number. 45 does not surprise me, but that is a LONG was from 43.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby gktrack » Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 am

26mi235 wrote:45.15 at altitude is probably not better than 45.5; much different from that 44.80 headline number. 45 does not surprise me, but that is a LONG was from 43.

a fine run no doubt (considering it was kinda like a time trial, with 2nd place at 50.7?), but gotta agree with it being a LONG way from 43. Look how many 400 guys get stuck in the low-45 range, trying to get to the elite low-44 range. As for altitude, anyone know where some tables/calcs are for 400m impacts?
gktrack
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby bignate88 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:24 am

gktrack wrote:
26mi235 wrote:45.15 at altitude is probably not better than 45.5; much different from that 44.80 headline number. 45 does not surprise me, but that is a LONG was from 43.

a fine run no doubt (especially considering it was a time trial, with 2nd place at 50.7?), but gotta agree with it being a LONG way from 43. Look how many 400 guys get stuck in the low-45 range, trying to get to the elite low-44 range. As for altitude, anyone know where some tables/calcs are for 400m impacts?

I'm looking for some more tables, but this website says it's worth a 45.53
http://myweb.lmu.edu/jmureika/track/wind/400alt.html
bignate88
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby gktrack » Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 am

bignate88 - thank you for the link...
gktrack
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby bignate88 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:38 am

no prob fam
bignate88
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby user4 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 am

Watch him a few times at 800m and one cant help but think that anything is possible with him at 400m. He is an El Cabala sized game changer.

One of numerous shocking facts about DRush. He went by 600m in 1:14.5 on his way to a 1:41.0 800.... Just let that settle in ..
Last edited by user4 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby JumboElliott » Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 pm

I would like to see him run an indoor 500.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby 26mi235 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:33 pm

I am not sure that indoors is the optimal venue for DR.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby JumboElliott » Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 am

Why not? There are plenty of tall guys who do well indoors.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby 26mi235 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Because those of smaller stature systematically, though not universally, do better indoors.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby Irun_toofast » Sat May 04, 2013 6:19 pm

aaronk wrote:An 0.7 improvement, if his previous PR of 45.50 was correct.
Not bad!
Also gives him a faster 400 than Gay, Bolt, Blake, and Spearmon.

ADD: Looks like Gay and Bolt etc keep their bragging rights!!
DR ran 45.15.
Still, an improvement of 0.35 ain't bad!!



Gay has the faster 400m PR at 44.8 or 44.9 from a few years ago at the Gator Invite.
Irun_toofast
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby 26mi235 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Not really much improvement -- altitude adjustment yields 45.53.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby jazzcyclist » Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 pm

beebee wrote:Next to Bolt as the world's greatest runner...this man can run in the 43's.

What would Rudisha have to run in the 400 to unseat Bolt as the world's greatest runner?
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: rudisha 45.15 for 400

Postby 26mi235 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:45 pm

43-low
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby JumboElliott » Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 am

26mi235 wrote:Because those of smaller stature systematically, though not universally, do better indoors.

The 500 or 400 would be different though because of the effects of gravity. If he can run 61 en route in an outdoor 800, there's no reason to think that he couldn't come close to 60 seconds.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby gh » Sun May 05, 2013 6:31 am

jazzcyclist wrote:
beebee wrote:Next to Bolt as the world's greatest runner...this man can run in the 43's.

What would Rudisha have to run in the 400 to unseat Bolt as the world's greatest runner?


who says he isn't already? Bolt is certainly the most famous, but best..... ?
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: rudisha 44.80 for 400

Postby jazzcyclist » Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 am

gh wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:
beebee wrote:Next to Bolt as the world's greatest runner...this man can run in the 43's.

What would Rudisha have to run in the 400 to unseat Bolt as the world's greatest runner?


who says he isn't already? Bolt is certainly the most famous, but best..... ?

Good question. Maybe Bolt needs to run 43-low to unseat Rudisha.
jazzcyclist
 
Posts: 10860
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bruce Kritzler, jjimbojames and 11 guests