Injury Updates: Bolt/Hamstring Strain

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Injury Updates: Bolt/Hamstring Strain

Postby EPelle » Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 am

Bolt withdraws from his Jamaica Invitational race due to a grade-1 hamstring strain according to front-page article (http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/index. ... arId=86013). The world's fastest man and the Olympic silver medallist are both shelved for the time being. Who else of consequence is injured at the moment?
EPelle

Re: Injury Updates: Bolt/Hamstring Strain

Postby shivfan » Wed May 01, 2013 12:34 am

'A release from Bolt's agent Ricky Simms yesterday said the two-time Olympic double sprint champion was withdrawn from the meet out of an abundance of caution "due to a slight hamstring strain". Simms said, "The 26-year-old felt tightness in training over the weekend and in consultation with his coach Glen Mills decided not to risk anything at this early stage of the season". Bolt, who won the 100m at last year's renewal in a then world-leading 9.82 seconds, was quoted to have said: "I am disappointed to miss the Kingston meet as I love running in front of my home crowd in Jamaica. I'm told it is only a Grade One strain so hopefully I will be OK soon."'

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Bo ... z2S1nmItal
shivfan

Postby ATK » Wed May 01, 2013 2:16 am

shivfan wrote:"I am disappointed to miss the Kingston meet as I love running in front of my home crowd in Jamaica. I'm told it is only a Grade One strain so hopefully I will be OK soon."'

That's a bad sign if the athlete uses the word hopefully....The doctors can diagnose it however they want, but if Bolt is skeptical since he is the only one that feels the pain, that could mean trouble.
ATK

Postby jamboy » Fri May 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Bolt's manager says injury is not bad and even though he will miss Saturday's Jamaica Invitational, he might still run at the Cayman Invitational next week Wednesday.
jamboy