Should Jeter be sanctioned by USA Track and Field

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Should Jeter be sanctioned by USA Track and Field

Postby ExCoastRanger » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Wait -- let me get this straight. Cuss words were uttered in the field of play of a professional sport? Gollygeewhiz. If anybody has an issue it should be with the broadcasters, who usually have enough sense to censor such outburts when they're on the sidelines in other sports.
ExCoastRanger

Postby ATK » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Along with that T-shirt, looked to me like Bolt throw out an F bomb right after he took off his shirt after the false start in Daegu.

Considering how influential of an athlete he is, that obviously set the example for all other professional athletes competing today.

Completely relevant and on topic.
ATK

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:26 pm

ATK wrote:Along with that T-shirt, looked to me like Bolt throw out an F bomb right after he took off his shirt after the false start in Daegu.

Considering how influential of an athlete he is, that obviously set the example for all other professional athletes competing today.

Completely relevant and on topic.

Well, that is something you are definitely making up now.
jamboy

Postby beebee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Jamboy...this is some weak shit dude. Jeter said a couple of bad words(and didn't direct them at anyone in particular) whoopty do.

And that lame crap "my kids heard her curse" F-ing lol! Trust me man your kids hear worse regularly during lunch and recess at school. And I'm sure they curse under their breath whenever you break out that green yellow and black toilet paper in your bathroom to use during major track meets, lol!
beebee

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:40 pm

This thread has run its course - let us just drop it, as jammin tried to do two posts (by him) ago.
26mi235

Postby The Klingon » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

26mi235 wrote:This thread has run its course - let us just drop it, as jammin tried to do two posts (by him) ago.

I agree. Much ado about nothing.
The Klingon

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:51 pm

beebee wrote:Jamboy...this is some weak shit dude. Jeter said a couple of bad words(and didn't direct them at anyone in particular) whoopty do.

And that lame crap "my kids heard her curse" F-ing lol! Trust me man your kids hear worse regularly during lunch and recess at school. And I'm sure they curse under their breath whenever you break out that green yellow and black toilet paper in your bathroom to use during major track meets, lol!

You are so disrespectful. Thank god I got some major balls and can ignore you :D

Trying to destroy a legitimate thread about bad behavior by our track stars. How pathetic can some of us be.
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:53 pm

The Klingon wrote:
26mi235 wrote:This thread has run its course - let us just drop it, as jammin tried to do two posts (by him) ago.

I agree. Much ado about nothing.

I suspect that USA Track and Field in the coming week will request that she issue an apology and call it a day.
jamboy

Postby beebee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm

jamboy wrote:
beebee wrote:Jamboy...this is some weak shit dude. Jeter said a couple of bad words(and didn't direct them at anyone in particular) whoopty do.

You are so disrespectful. Thank god I got some major balls and can ignore you :D

Trying to destroy a legitimate thread about bad behavior by our track stars. How pathetic can some of us be.

Do you ever curse sir?

This is a failed attempt at yellow journalism.
beebee

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Unbelievable folks around here legitimizing bad behavior.
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:57 pm

beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:

Do you ever curse sir?

This is a failed attempt at yellow journalism.

This thread isn't about me. BTW, I was brought up in a christian household where cursing was never allowed or legitimized like you guys seem to be doing.
jamboy

Postby Marlow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:06 pm

jamboy wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:So I suppose you were highly offended by this (http://deadspin.com/5287143/usain-bolt-shows-off-his-most-treasured-keepsake-from-beijing) and believe Bolt should've been sanctioned and released a public apology?

Lets stay on topic please.
Thankyou.

??!!
I thought the F-Bomb WAS the topic. Bolt had a shirt with the F-Bomb printed right on it (for everyone's daughter to see). How is that NOT the topic?
Marlow

Postby Dutra5 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 pm

jamboy wrote:
This thread isn't about me. BTW, I was brought up in a christian household where cursing was never allowed or legitimized like you guys seem to be doing.

If Jeter shows up in your church of choice or perhaps attends a church of her choice she can then say her penance.

Otherwise this is one of the more idiotic threads we've had on this site in a while.
Dutra5

Postby ExCoastRanger » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:15 pm

jamboy wrote:Unbelievable folks around here legitimizing bad behavior.

Agree totally. We should stop responding to your posts.
ExCoastRanger

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 pm

I think that this is a small issue tbh ...
jamal00005

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Folks, we cannot legitimize bad behaviour within our society. The TV anchor exhibited bad behaviour and was fired the same day. The basketball coach who regularly '"cussed out" his players was eventually fired after it got leaked on youtube.

This society and our kids are headed for a downfall if this type of behavior is condoned.
Last edited by jamboy on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamboy

Postby Dutra5 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 pm

jamboy wrote: They basketball coach who regularly '"cussed out" his players was eventually fired after it got leaked on youtube.

This society and our kids are headed for a downfall if this type of behavior is condoned.

I realize you're trying to save civilization here but which basketball coach are you referring to? If it's Mike Rice you completely misunderstand that situation.
Dutra5

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Jamboy on this one. I find the f-word to be extremely fucking offensive. It is pretty fucked up to say shit like that just out in public where innocent people can hear your fucked up words and have their whole lives ruined by the horribleness of such horrible fucking cuss words of that sort. I don't think it is okay to say the f-word under any fucking circumstances to be honest, especially not out in the open like that. So yea, basically fuck that shit, I hope she gets sanctioned very fucking harshly for it.
nicest person ever

Postby beebee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:47 pm

jamboy wrote:Folks, we cannot legitimize bad behaviour within our society. The TV anchor exhibited bad behaviour and was fired the same day. They basketball coach who regularly '"cussed out" his players was eventually fired after it got leaked on youtube.

Can we all say strawman? Horrible analogy. Rice was a justly terminated failed College basketball coach who completely misused his authority and physically abused the very players he was assigned to lead and look out after.

And you compare this to Jeter cursing in frustration? I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for you

You clearly hate Ms. Jeter.
beebee

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm

beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:Folks, we cannot legitimize bad behaviour within our society. The TV anchor exhibited bad behaviour and was fired the same day. They basketball coach who regularly '"cussed out" his players was eventually fired after it got leaked on youtube.

Can we all say strawman? Horrible analogy. Rice was a justly terminated failed College basketball coach who completely misused his authority and physically abused the very players he was assigned to lead and look out after.

And you compare this to Jeter cursing in frustration? I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for you

I actually like Jeter. I root for her when Jamaicans are not in the race :D

However, I won't legitimize bad behaviour especially for people I care about.
jamboy

Postby KevinM » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:53 pm

This shit (and the Cain obsessives) is getting old, and borders on making this board unreadable at times.
KevinM

Postby beebee » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 pm

jamboy wrote:
beebee wrote:

"I actually like Jeter"

Yeah, and I'm a Black Klansman.
Hey man, next time take this propaganda to the Gleaner...they'll eat this shit up, lol.
beebee

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 pm

beebee wrote:
jamboy wrote:
beebee wrote:

"I actually like Jeter"

Yeah, and I'm a Black Klansman.
Hey man, next time take this propaganda to the Gleaner...they'll eat this shit up, lol.

Jamaicans love Jeter. She has run at the Jamaica Invitational the past 3 years and has said it is one of her favorite stops for her on the track circuit.
jamboy

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 pm

DIdn't somebody recently comment on how jammin was behaving so civilly during his most recent incarnation as jamboy? Well, I think this thread marks the beginning of the end of jamboy. I predict that within another week or two, gh will once again drop the hammer on jammin. And to think that this guy is actually an American, an American-Jamaican, a former American, or something like that.
jazzcyclist

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:DIdn't somebody recently comment on how jammin was behaving so civilly during his most recent incarnation as jamboy? Well, I think this thread marks the beginning of the end of jamboy. I predict that within another week or two, gh will once again drop the hammer on jammin. And to think that this guy is actually an American, an American-Jamaican, a former American, or something like that.

I have been posting on this board for 5 years(on and off) and I don't have a clue who this other poster is.
jamboy

Postby Grasshopper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 pm

jamboy wrote:
jazzcyclist wrote:DIdn't somebody recently comment on how jammin was behaving so civilly during his most recent incarnation as jamboy? Well, I think this thread marks the beginning of the end of jamboy. I predict that within another week or two, gh will once again drop the hammer on jammin. And to think that this guy is actually an American, an American-Jamaican, a former American, or something like that.

I have been posting on this board for 5 years(on and off) and I don't have a clue who this other poster is.

Your first post on this forum was on 8/26/12, which just happens to be the same date of the banning of TrackNut2012, whose first post was 8/3/12, which just happens to be the same date as the banning of Jamaica50, whose first post was 6/4/12, which just happens to be the same date as the banning of Notorious, who was a known reincarnation/alias of Jammin. I'm sure it's all just coincidence.
Grasshopper

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Grasshopper wrote:
jamboy wrote:

Your first post on this forum was on 8/26/12, which just happens to be the same date of the banning of TrackNut2012, whose first post was 8/3/12, which just happens to be the same date as the banning of Jamaica50, whose first post was 6/4/12, which just happens to be the same date as the banning of Notorious, who was a known reincarnation/alias of Jammin. I'm sure it's all just coincidence.

I first posted when I joined here on February 10, 2008 over 5 years ago. I have been posting on an off the past 5 years.

I have no clue who these other posters are. I guess the only connection I may have is that we are devout Jamaicans who care about our country.

I am an American as well and I love both countries.
Last edited by jamboy on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jamboy

Postby DrJay » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 pm

Run for Congress. Then you can legislate morality. Better yet, run for President. Or King. Or Emperor. There will be no more cussing in the United States. No more robbery, rape, murder, incest, adultery, sodomy, assault, anger, hate, forgery, nudity, embezzlement, blackmail, cheating, loafing, lying, loitering, drinking, smoking, sex, truancy, vandalism, scowling, sneering, belching, farting, counterfeiting, conning, scamming, defacing, speeding, taunting, teasing. Everyone will be fat, rich and happy. The elves and fairies will dance in the meadows and children everywhere--most importantly, yours-- will be completely safe and protected from the real world.
DrJay

Postby Grasshopper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 pm

jamboy wrote:
Grasshopper wrote:
jamboy wrote:

I first posted when I joined here on February 10, 2008 over 5 years ago. I have been posting on an off the past 5 years.

Hmm, there must be some glitch with the archive or search function that only affects those posts you made prior to TrackNut2012's banning (search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=jamboy&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=a&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search)
Grasshopper

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm

Why would I register in 2008 and start posting in 2012 , that is 5 years after the fact? Does that make any sense to you or anyone else? Come on guys, please use your common sense and stop this ridiculous witch hunt which makes no sense to me or anyone else and in fact, it makes you look real foolish.

Again, I have been posting on this board for over 5 years using no other monikers. Don't need to.
Last edited by jamboy on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
jamboy

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Jamboy, are you now, or have you ever been an American citizen?
jazzcyclist

Postby jazzcyclist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm

jamboy wrote:Why would I register in 2008 and start posting in 2012 , that is 5 years after the fact?

In anticipation of future bannings?
jazzcyclist

Postby Grasshopper » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:
jamboy wrote:Why would I register in 2008 and start posting in 2012 , that is 5 years after the fact?

This ^
Grasshopper

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:

lol. You are mad funny. Best joke I have seen all day :D :D
jamboy

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm

jazzcyclist wrote:Jamboy, are you now, or have you ever been an American citizen?

I am 1/2 American and 1/2 Jamaican, 100% track and field fan. If you saw me at the Penn Relays, you would have seen me with both flags. :D
jamboy

Postby Daisy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 pm

jamboy wrote:I was highly offended. ........Daddy had to explain to her in a PC way of course what happened.

Daddy is going to be in for a big shock once she starts coming home from school.
Daisy

Postby lonewolf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:52 pm

DrJay wrote:Run for Congress. Then you can legislate morality. Better yet, run for President. Or King. Or Emperor. There will be no more cussing in the United States. No more robbery, rape, murder, incest, adultery, sodomy, assault, anger, hate, forgery, nudity, embezzlement, blackmail, cheating, loafing, lying, loitering, drinking, smoking, sex, truancy, vandalism, scowling, sneering, belching, farting, counterfeiting, conning, scamming, defacing, speeding, taunting, teasing. Everyone will be fat, rich and happy. The elves and fairies will dance in the meadows and children everywhere--most importantly, yours-- will be completely safe and protected from the real world.

You mean arson would still be legal? :?
lonewolf

Postby lionelp1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:54 pm

One certainly sees some fatheaded threads on this Forum and this is a top ten item. Quite ridiculous comment by Jamboy about sanctioning an athlete for speaking with passion and using an epithet, perhaps unwisely. but as you gents say " no big deal"

The endless swearing on Hollywood films and what kids pick up at school and in the street suggests that this silly thread, imo, gets ones family used to a world that does not exist, namely where no "naughty" words are spoken or heard in public.

All the parents who dont want kids to speak or hear swearing are all going to look foolish sooner or later, because thats the world we live in, for better or worse.
lionelp1

Postby mump boy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Why are people even wasting their time to reply to this ??

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/wri ... Trolls.jpg
mump boy

Postby Gabriella » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 am

I think Jamboy wants us all to say we think it was a terrible incident and Jeter should be sanctioned, in the hope that USATF ban her from running....so Jamaica get better odds in the 100/200/4x100

:twisted:

Who gives a flying FCUK what she said? Happens fairly often on live feeds, whether that be TV or radio. To suggest she should be sanctioned by USATF is ridiculous. Maybe the Jamaican federation should sanction Bolt for pratting around disrespectfully on the start line before a race? I find that more offensive.
Gabriella

Next