Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:19 am

Lol, I would be the worst mentor of all time.
nicest person ever
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Master Po » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 am

ePelle posted the link, above, but given that this is a Japan-focused thread, and it's possible some readers don't know about Brett Larner's excellent site:

Japan Running News
http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/

Top story right now is the subject of this thread. I'm sure somewhere on his site is explanation about the timing and duration of the Japanese HS athletics season. Don't see any full results of this specific race, however, as asked for above.
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby user4 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 am

Master Po wrote:ePelle posted the link, above, but given that this is a Japan-focused thread, and it's possible some readers don't know about Brett Larner's excellent site:

Japan Running News
http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/

Top story right now is the subject of this thread. I'm sure somewhere on his site is explanation about the timing and duration of the Japanese HS athletics season. Don't see any full results of this specific race, however, as asked for above.


the site does not have a link to a results page.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby EPelle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:54 am

The 10,01 was from a prelim round at Oda Memorial; Kirya ran 10,03 (NWI) in the final.
A few photos from the meet: http://mainichi.jp/graph/2013/04/29/201 ... c/002.html
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Master Po » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:01 am

A question was asked above about the Japanese track calendar, especially as it might relate to junior-level/HS athletics. This calendar doesn't explain everything, but does show the meet schedule, including jr/HS championships. Might be informative, for some:

http://www.jaaf.or.jp/english/competition2013.php

(And, no, this link also does not have results for the performance that is the focus of this thread.)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 am

Are you sure the 10.03 in the final was a NWI? Cuz earlier I thought I saw that one posted as being a +2.7w. So which is it?

Man, I hope this ambiguity regarding the wind speed in the finals doesn't mean the 10.01 +0.9 in the prelims is questionable in regards to wind speed too. I wish there were more details regarding this. I think it was probably totally legit, considering how badly he crushed the field, but it does scare me a little that his 10.03 finals run had the dreaded "NWI" associated with it (if that is actually true, I mean).
nicest person ever
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Blues » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:10 am

user4 wrote:
Master Po wrote:ePelle posted the link, above, but given that this is a Japan-focused thread, and it's possible some readers don't know about Brett Larner's excellent site:

Japan Running News
http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/

Top story right now is the subject of this thread. I'm sure somewhere on his site is explanation about the timing and duration of the Japanese HS athletics season. Don't see any full results of this specific race, however, as asked for above.


the site does not have a link to a results page.



Can anybody translate Japanese to English? Here are the meet results, but the Japanese athletes names are in Japanese. You can see the times of the individual places in the events though, as well as wind info. It appears that second place in the 100m final was 10.04, +2.7. Who that was I don't know. *Edit- second place was Ryota Yamagata, Japan's current top senior 100m sprinter, and still relatively young at age 20...


http://yasumikiyuki.web.fc2.com/2013hom ... 000001.pdf
Last edited by Blues on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby EPelle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:14 am

nicest person ever wrote:Are you sure the 10.03 in the final was a NWI? Cuz earlier I thought I saw that one posted as being a +2.7w. So which is it?

The newspaper article from which it was translated stated that the wind reading was unknown, hence NWI. It was, indeed, +2,7 mps according to the results.
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 am

Here is a different video of the same race, including a short interview.
So all japanese speaking one step forward please and translate. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... y-BuDc1_wo
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Master Po » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 am

nicest person ever wrote:Are you sure the 10.03 in the final was a NWI? Cuz earlier I thought I saw that one posted as being a +2.7w. So which is it?

Man, I hope this ambiguity regarding the wind speed in the finals doesn't mean the 10.01 +0.9 in the prelims is questionable in regards to wind speed too. I wish there were more details regarding this. I think it was probably totally legit, considering how badly he crushed the field, but it does scare me a little that his 10.03 finals run had the dreaded "NWI" associated with it (if that is actually true, I mean).


The results (linked just above) show wind speed for the final as +2.7. Prelim as +0.9. (And show wind readings for all the other heats/events, too.) This is a reasonably big meet; I don't see any reason at this point, absent other information, to question the wind speed info.
Master Po
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Blues » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:23 am

Blues wrote:
user4 wrote:
Master Po wrote:ePelle posted the link, above, but given that this is a Japan-focused thread, and it's possible some readers don't know about Brett Larner's excellent site:

Japan Running News
http://japanrunningnews.blogspot.com/

Top story right now is the subject of this thread. I'm sure somewhere on his site is explanation about the timing and duration of the Japanese HS athletics season. Don't see any full results of this specific race, however, as asked for above.


the site does not have a link to a results page.



Can anybody translate Japanese to English? Here are the meet results, but the Japanese athletes names are in Japanese. You can see the times of the individual places in the events though, as well as wind info. It appears that second place in the 100m final was 10.04, +2.7. Who that was I don't know.

http://yasumikiyuki.web.fc2.com/2013hom ... 000001.pdf


I found this regarding the final, along with the 100m final video.. The second place athlete has a PR of 10.07, +1.3, from the London Olympics.:

1 Kiryu Xiang Xiu 10.03
2 Ryota Yamagata 10.04
3 Eriguchi Tadashi 10.15


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8stErvnAoU
Blues
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby gktrack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 am

gktrack
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby az2004 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:32 am

wind was 0.9 or at least that's what took it to be when I watched the big screen version of the race

send him to shanghai dl meet do they have a 100???
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby az2004 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 am

jjust watch video again and I got 0.9 again shen he bends down next to the time
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:49 am

Master Po wrote:
The results (linked just above) show wind speed for the final as +2.7. Prelim as +0.9. (And show wind readings for all the other heats/events, too.) This is a reasonably big meet; I don't see any reason at this point, absent other information, to question the wind speed info.


Yea, I agree it all looks legit. The only reason I was freaking out for a sec was because for some reason ePelle wrote "NWI" for the wind reading for the 10.03 run, which startled me for a sec given that I had seen the 10.01 listed as +0.9 and the 10.03 listed as +2.7 in multiple places already at that point, so I was wondering why now it was supposed to be an "NWI". But, it looks like all is well, and it was that he just saw some site that reported they didn't know what the wind reading was, thus his whole temporary NWI debacle at the bottom of the previous page.

Anyways, I agree with you, this looks very legit and I don't see any reason to question it's validity it other than people just not being used to the concept of Asian people being able to run fast or something, which would just be racist pretty much.

Anyways, this is awesome. What an incredible talent we have here exploding onto the scene. I really hope he follows through on his potential and gets some really elite level coaching in the future to be able to run the types of times that he will probably be physically capable of if he takes his training seriously in the future.
nicest person ever
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby EPelle » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 am

nicest person ever wrote:...and it was that he just saw some site that reported they didn't know what the wind reading was, thus his whole temporary NWI debacle at the bottom of the previous page...

Not to quibble, but there were four Japanese sites reporting the same information. Likely a feeder story they'd each picked up and reported for their audiences. In any case, the wind's been verified on the official results pdf.
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby user4 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 am




The most impressive fact so far, from the iaaf article, is not the time, but that the youngster beat an OG semifinalist.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby John G » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:31 am

nicest person ever wrote:YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am extremely thrilled about this.

I actually grew up in a basically all-asian setting from junior high through high school, my school system was over 90% Asian-American, demographically, so although I was white, I was an extreme minority growing up, and basically all of my closest friends are Asian. I even learned to play Mahjong with the families of my friends, and basically grew up in an almost entirely Asian-American environment through my entire adolescence. And all the girls I ever asked out were always Asains, etc.

So, I guess as a result of this I've always been happy when an Asian makes a big accomplishment in a sport that is normally devoid of Asians, such as when Linsanity happened in the NBA earlier, as well as when this kid ran 10.01 just now.

A few days ago when a Chinese athlete ran a 10.04, there was a thread about it and one of the guys in that thread made a rant about how he was angry that Asians don't seem to get any respect in the sport, and how if he had been non-Asian people would've been talking about his performance more. Well, I don't know that I agree with that necessarily, as in, if an Asian guy ran a 9.57, I am pretty sure he would get at least as much press, if not more so than when Bolt ran 9.58, but, I do agree that Asians often seem to be overlooked or ignored as not being real "threats" to win a race whenever they are in a race, even if their P.R.'s are on par with their competitors in their heat or whatever, so I have always found that to be frustrating in that regard.

So yea, I am extremely excited about this, both in terms of it just being awesome that a 17 year old ran such a fast time, and also that it might lead to more exposure for the sport in Asia, and specifically in Japan, which is in my opinion a wonderful thing, because there is clearly a lot of natural track talent over there, and if a higher percentage of their population ran track I think we would have just that many more superb athletes in the sport overall, which is a good thing and would be nice to see!

I'm pumped!!!


This just in for fans of Asian sprinting (that's mainly npe): Adam Gemili has an Iranian mother and he can speak Japanese (grade 'A' at GCSE - taken at age 16).
John G
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am

user4 wrote:



The most impressive fact so far, from the iaaf article, is not the time, but that the youngster beat an OG semifinalist.
So if he had beaten an OG semifinalist with a time of 10.60 instead of 10.01 you would be equally impressed?
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:45 am

Complete 100m result.

100 m 28 April Wind: 2.7
1 Yoshihide Kiryu JPN 15 Dec 95 10.03
2 Ryota Yamagata JPN 10 Jun 92 10.04
3 Masashi Eriguchi JPN 17 Dec 88 10.15
4 Yusuke Kotani JPN 23 Sep 89 10.24
5 Sota Kawatsura JPN 19 Jun 89 10.26
6 Kei Takase JPN 25 Nov 88 10.35
7 Shota Iizuka JPN 25 Jun 91 10.39
8 Shintaro Kimura JPN 30 Jun 87 10.63

and the 10.01 heat:

Heat 3 Wind: 0.9
1 Yoshihide Kiryu JPN 15 Dec 95 10.01 WJR PB WL Q
2 Kei Takase JPN 25 Nov 88 10.23 PB Q
3 Shota Iizuka JPN 25 Jun 91 10.28 PB q
4 Yusuke Kotani JPN 23 Sep 89 10.34 SB q
5 Yeo Ho-Su-Ah KOR 5 Apr 87 10.43 SB
6 Akiyuki Hashimoto JPN 18 Nov 94 10.45 SB
7 Takuya Kitamura JPN 21 Sep 93 10.69 SB
8 Ryo Honshio JPN 90 27.90 SB

(courtesy of tilastopaja)
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby user4 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:47 am

norunner wrote:
user4 wrote:



The most impressive fact so far, from the iaaf article, is not the time, but that the youngster beat an OG semifinalist.
So if he had beaten an OG semifinalist with a time of 10.60 instead of 10.01 you would be equally impressed?


no, Id be less impressed... of course we would be more impressed that a 10.6 sprinter could be a OG semifinalist ! ...

At any rate, the kid could be a game changer, someone that thrives at 100m with a rapid step cadence . It will be interesting to see how fast this type of style can go. Hard not to see him under 10 this year. We are in "uncharted waters". ..:)
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

The "we are in uncharted waters" line gave me goosebumps lol. I feel all tingly just thinking how low below the 10 second barrier this kid might go by the end of the season. Not to mention, if my math is correct he gets all of next season to push his WJR even FURTHER down than whatever he accomplishes during this season too right? And the sickest of all iss I think if he had been born just 2 weeks later, he would've gotten this season AND the next season AND the one after that to be pushing the WJR lower and lower, not to mention I think it would've caused any of what he did this season to not just be a junior record but rather, a youth record! Why oh why couldn't his parents have gotten funky with each other a few weeks later! If only this kid's dad had gotten into an argument with the kid's mom about who's turn it was to do the dishes, those uncharted waters would have maybe been another tenth of a second deeper yet! :lol:
nicest person ever
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby jamal00005 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm

nicest person ever wrote:The "we are in uncharted waters" line gave me goosebumps lol. I feel all tingly just thinking how low below the 10 second barrier this kid might go by the end of the season. Not to mention, if my math is correct he gets all of next season to push his WJR even FURTHER down than whatever he accomplishes during this season too right? And the sickest of all iss I think if he had been born just 2 weeks later, he would've gotten this season AND the next season AND the one after that to be pushing the WJR lower and lower, not to mention I think it would've caused any of what he did this season to not just be a junior record but rather, a youth record! Why oh why couldn't his parents have gotten funky with each other a few weeks later! If only this kid's dad had gotten into an argument with the kid's mom about who's turn it was to do the dishes, those uncharted waters would have maybe been another tenth of a second deeper yet! :lol:

LMAO....In honesty i am truly excited to see how far this kid can go as well ..I am truly happy for him
jamal00005
 
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

I think jamboy is already investigating his ancestors to find his jamaican heritage. :lol:
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby AS » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm

The two major Japanese Grand Prix meets - Shizuoka & Tokyo - are coming up in the next week,...

Running the website for the Tokyo meet (http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/HOME.aspx) through Google Translate it mentions a "Men's 100m supernova appearance! Kiryu vs. Eriguchi"
AS
 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby 18.99s » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 pm

AS wrote:The two major Japanese Grand Prix meets - Shizuoka & Tokyo - are coming up in the next week,...

Running the website for the Tokyo meet (http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/HOME.aspx) through Google Translate it mentions a "Men's 100m supernova appearance! Kiryu vs. Eriguchi"


LOL. The Japanese word or phrase probably meant "superstar".
18.99s
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:28 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby nicest person ever » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:03 pm

18.99s wrote:
AS wrote:The two major Japanese Grand Prix meets - Shizuoka & Tokyo - are coming up in the next week,...

Running the website for the Tokyo meet (http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/HOME.aspx) through Google Translate it mentions a "Men's 100m supernova appearance! Kiryu vs. Eriguchi"


LOL. The Japanese word or phrase probably meant "superstar".


I would hope so! Supernovas are pretty dangerous stuff. Don't wanna be messing around with that stuff. It could vaporize the whole solar system! :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova

^^^see, it's pretty messed up. That would be really bad if it somehow happened at a distance of just 100 meters away from Earth. :(
nicest person ever
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby jamboy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Not sure if I am "impressed" yet. Let me see him duplicate that time on a different stage with other world class juniors and then, I will be a believer.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:55 pm

He duplicated it, just needs a separate stage (10.01/10.03). May get the stage in the international Japanese meets coming up.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16333
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby user4 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 am

norunner wrote:Complete 100m result.

100 m 28 April Wind: 2.7
1 Yoshihide Kiryu JPN 15 Dec 95 10.03
2 Ryota Yamagata JPN 10 Jun 92 10.04
3 Masashi Eriguchi JPN 17 Dec 88 10.15
4 Yusuke Kotani JPN 23 Sep 89 10.24
5 Sota Kawatsura JPN 19 Jun 89 10.26
6 Kei Takase JPN 25 Nov 88 10.35
7 Shota Iizuka JPN 25 Jun 91 10.39



So Ryoto, at the absolute peak of his 2012 OG (at age 20) form ran his OG heat in 10.07, w1.3 (10.14 basic) and his semifinal 10.10, w1.7 (10.18 basic).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_ ... 100_metres

So his 10.04 w2.7 ( 10.18 basic ) here (at 21 years of age) early in the season seems entirely plausible.

Lends credence to the accuracy of the timing (not that there was any question) and we are forced to take the time (10.01 w.9, 10.04 basic) by the 17 year old, Kiryu, quite seriously.

That Japan can produce two 10.0x, one 10.1x two 10.2xs all in the same meet seems to me to be somewhat astounding.
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

user4 wrote:That Japan can produce two 10.0x, one 10.1x two 10.2xs all in the same meet seems to me to be somewhat astounding.
You don't run a 38.07 over 4x1 without some very fast men like Japan did in London.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby AS » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

The Japanese all-time list is looking mighty 'bunched':

10.00 Koji Ito 1998
10.01 Yoshihide Kiryu 2013
10.02 Nobuharu Asahara 2001
10.03 Shingo Suetsugu 2003
10.07 Masashi Eriguchi 2009
10.07 Ryota Yamagata 2012
10.09 Naoki Tsukahara 2009

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_100ok.htm
AS
 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Jon » Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 am

EPelle wrote:Twice broke the Japanese youth record with 10,21 and 10,19, respectively, this past winter (November).
Those marks from 2012 didn't just break the Japanese youth records; he also broke the world youth records. He's the first man in decades (possibly ever) to concurrently hold the world youth and world junior 100m records. (Darrel Brown held both, but not at the same time).
Jon
 
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby EPelle » Wed May 01, 2013 3:40 am

Brilliant facts. Cheers!
EPelle
 
Posts: 21442
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby norunner » Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 am

Just read that Kiryu will be running against Mike Rodgers in Tokyo this sunday. That should be interesting.
norunner
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby AS » Wed May 01, 2013 3:38 pm

norunner wrote:Just read that Kiryu will be running against Mike Rodgers in Tokyo this sunday. That should be interesting.


Full 100m field for Tokyo
RODGERS, Mike PR 9.85
ATKINS, Derrick PR 9.91
Mookie SALAAM PR 9.97
Yoshihide Kiryu PR 10.01
ROGERS, Jason PR 10.06
MAGAKWE, Simon PR 10.06
Masashi Eriguchi PR 10.07
KIMURA,Shintaro PR 10.26

http://goldengrandprix-japan.com/ENTRYL ... STMEN.aspx
AS
 
Posts: 4501
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 1956 Olympic city

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby TeWaio » Thu May 02, 2013 1:53 am

Seems like the perfect race for the young man to be in following his PR. Would love him to live up to hype and go sub-10, would be great for the sport in that part of the world!
TeWaio
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Cambridge, UK

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby user4 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:55 am

TeWaio wrote:Seems like the perfect race for the young man to be in following his PR. Would love him to live up to hype and go sub-10, would be great for the sport in that part of the world!


Im waiting for the hype, so far we only have a 17 year old with a 10.01 PR . :)
user4
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby 26mi235 » Thu May 02, 2013 5:13 am

10.01/0.9 ~ 9.95/2.0 (wind-legal) ~ 9.99/1.3 he is not a sub-10 yet because he did not have good enough, yet legal wind. And, it was barely his best of the meet. The question is: is he more likely to go 9.8x this season than to fail to go sub-10?
26mi235
 
Posts: 16333
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Yoshihide Kiryu 10.01 (+0.9)

Postby Jacksf » Sat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Kiryu follows up with a disappointing 10.40 (-1.2w) for 3rd place today in Tokyo.
Mike Rogers wins in 10.19
Jacksf
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], booond, Jackaloupe, norunner, Speedster and 13 guests