Pole Vault Rule Question

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Pole Vault Rule Question

Postby polevaultpower » Sat May 18, 2013 8:55 pm

gktrack wrote:
polevaultpower wrote:The rule states (among other things) that the weight rating must be 3/4" numbers, the old Pacer poles lack that. You can get a replacement label from Gill Athletics and then it will be legal.

I DQ'd an old Pacer pole yesterday. I feel bad, but the rule is what it is. I offered to loan the athlete one of our poles, but she had a different one of her own anyway.

Thanks for the response polevaultpower. There's no problem with the weight rating, it's maybe not that old and reads 150 lbs. clearly in 3/4" numbers on a yellow band at the top of the pole. The only question is her grip tape starts 6 inches below that yellow 150 lb. label, and unlike the Spirit pole she uses, her Pacer(Fx) pole has no line/band (other than the top of her athletic grip tape). What do you think?

Oh I misunderstood the question. The yellow Pacer weight label sticker doubles as the maximum handhold band. It is up to each manufacturer to determine the maximum grip for their poles.
polevaultpower

Re: Pole Vault Rule Question

Postby gktrack » Sat May 18, 2013 9:06 pm

polevaultpower wrote:Oh I misunderstood the question. The yellow Pacer weight label sticker doubles as the maximum handhold band. It is up to each manufacturer to determine the maximum grip for their poles.

polevaultpower - thanks very much for your clarification, (and also for the courtesy extended by Marlow and 26mi235 in their responses). She was able to use the pole today and moved on to sectional finals, but it will be very comforting for her to know that the yellow Pacer(Fx) label is multi-purpose. I certainly learned something in the process.
gktrack