PR for Christian Taylor

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: PR for Christian Taylor

Postby gh » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 am

please take your 2-person debate offline. thanks.
gh

Postby gktrack » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:21 am

Christian opened outdoors at Drake with 56-2/17.12m (-0.3) and in his comments:

On his early season performance
“Obviously the focus was speed this year. Last year we did a lot of strength work and I did a couple of 200s coming into this. It’s going to be a long year trying to defend my title so I’m just keeping that in the back of my mind. I’m enjoying every day in the U.S. It’s my first competition. Last year I opened at 16.80 so anything above that is progress and a move in the right direction.”

On the remainder of the season
“I want to keep trying new things, and doing things to keep my mind off of being too technical in the jumps. I don’t want to be locked into that box. I want to keep switching it up and keep changing. When I was young, I was doing all of these events and it was just fun. When I became professional, it became more business related, so I just want to find the fun sense again.”
gktrack

Postby Marlow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:37 am

gktrack wrote:Christian opened outdoors at Drake with 56-2/17.12m (-0.3) and in his comments:

In the TV-cast, it was mentioned that this was a "short-approach" jump. I'll guess that meant 6-7 lefts, instead of the regular 8-9?
Marlow