half marathon in new orleans


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

half marathon in new orleans

Postby lionelp1 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

Shhh, nobody noticed except some Brits and letsrun and others but no-one here on this track and field MB, that MO won the half marathon today in NO in windy conditions. Dont mention it too much here as the fans are getting ready for the big USAvJamaica sprint bore and have not time for such matters.
lionelp1
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 am

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby Bruce Kritzler » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:36 am

Farah 61:00, Gebremarian 61:01
Defar 67:., Flanagan 68:.. , 5. Goucher 1:11
Bruce Kritzler
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby Master Po » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:03 am

Great race on the men's side, and noteworthy performances on the women's side.

Farah 1:01:00
Gebremariam 1:01:01

Defar 1:07:26 PB (previous 1:07:45 Philadelphia 2010)
Flanagan 1:08:32 PB (previous 1:08:37 Philadelphia 2010)

This makes Flanagan #3 US performer, up from #4, ahead of Benoit Samuelson's 1:08:34, behind Goucher and Kastor (or Kastor and Goucher, depending on which performances you feel like counting). Flanagan's performance today is US #6 all-time performance, including all (i.e., those w drop in elevation).

(athletes' & list stats per all-athletics.com)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2641
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby mal » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 pm

lionelp1 wrote:Shhh, nobody noticed except some Brits and letsrun and others but no-one here on this track and field MB, that MO won the half marathon today in NO in windy conditions. Dont mention it too much here as the fans are getting ready for the big USAvJamaica sprint bore and have not time for such matters.


I think you :mrgreen: mean boor. Bore is a hole in the ground. No maybe you didn't make a mistake?
mal
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby gh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Master Po wrote:Great race on the men's side, and noteworthy performances on the women's side.

Farah 1:01:00
Gebremariam 1:01:01

Defar 1:07:26 PB (previous 1:07:45 Philadelphia 2010)
Flanagan 1:08:32 PB (previous 1:08:37 Philadelphia 2010)...


I believe those are chip times and the official results are slightly different.
gh
 
Posts: 46335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: firmly at Arya's side!

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby Master Po » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:26 pm

gh wrote:
Master Po wrote:Great race on the men's side, and noteworthy performances on the women's side.

Farah 1:01:00
Gebremariam 1:01:01

Defar 1:07:26 PB (previous 1:07:45 Philadelphia 2010)
Flanagan 1:08:32 PB (previous 1:08:37 Philadelphia 2010)...


I believe those are chip times and the official results are slightly different.


Yes -- just re-checked results, which are each one sec faster:
Farah 1:00:59
Gebremariam 1:01:00

Defar 1:07:25
Flanagan 1:08:31
Master Po
 
Posts: 2641
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby Pego » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am

Pego
 
Posts: 10203
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: beyond help

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby Conor Dary » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 am

Pego wrote:Incredible, yet hardly surprising.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2 ... s-tv-video


Already another thread on this very topic!

I don't know if it is that surprising. I haven't seen the video, but from little I see of local news having a working brain isn't a prerequisite. Just read and look pretty.
Conor Dary
 
Posts: 6297
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: कनोर दारी in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

Re: half marathon in new orleans

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Network News caught the nature of the intelligence problem pretty well (with a number of those with greater intelligence and familiarity with the world being less proficient of being coherent on the air in real time.

In the US, in an area not strong in distance running it is not too surprising. If this were in the UK, where is a a local hero, it would be much more surprising. I will give her a partial pass.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16335
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests