stockholm meet results


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby FrankieB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Abeba Aregawi makes her debut as swedish citizen by winning 1500m only 0,12 sec from the world record.
FrankieB
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby t_monk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 pm

Women 1500 m

1 Abeba Aregawi 90 SWE, Hammarby IF 3:58.40 WL MR NR
2 Axumawit Embaye ETH 4:09.11
3 Rabab Arrafi 91 MAR 4:09.36 PB
4 Treniere Moser 81 USA 4:12.09 SB
5 Mimi Belete 88 BRN 4:12.16 PB
6 Clarie Tarpele 89 IRL 4:13.16 PB
7 Katarzyna Broniatowska 90 POL 4:14.15
8 Charlotte Schönbeck 84 SWE, IFK Lidingö 4:16.12 SB
9 Kristine Eikrem Engeset 88 NOR 4:17.99 SB
10 Alem Gebremariam ETH 4:19.46
11 Lovisa Lindh 91 SWE, Ullevi FK 4:32.87
Lydia Wafula (pace) 88 KEN DNF
t_monk
 
Posts: 4334
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:59 pm

performance of meet W1500



Aregawi (new Swede) 3:58.40 close to WR!!!, 2ND FASTEST ever to PED user Soboleva
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby starboyunlimited » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Olympic Champ Shelly-ann Fraser Pryce vs 15 year old Irene Ekelund 60m XL-Galan Stockholm 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhRb6132Dg
starboyunlimited
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby doug5321 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 pm

az2004 wrote:performance of meet W1500



Aregawi (new Swede) 3:58.40 close to WR!!!, 2ND FASTEST ever to PED user Soboleva



yes aregawi was the performance of the meet, but at letsrun 99% of the talk of the meet will be about rupp.
doug5321
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 pm

they showed 800 and ladt lap, how did the see the rce

agree rupp is scary good right now and t 5k might best farah in moscow
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby aaronk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 pm

In quality of time, IMO, I'd put.....

1. Arigawi............3:58.40
2. Rupp...............7:30.16
3. G Dibaba..........8:26.67
4. SAFP..............7.04
5. Aman.............1:45.05

Women's PV and men's 1000 good too.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3353
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:27 pm

kuha wrote:
az2004 wrote:rupp runs away from everyone 7:30.18NR!


Wow.


Reaffirms what I have felt since last year, this is Rupps year. Confidence gained in Olympics and fire burning in the belly. Rupp will beat Farah this year in at least 1 race and will medal in WC 10k, good shot at gold. Lagat will be saying goodbye to the AR in 5k as well.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby kuha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
kuha wrote:
az2004 wrote:rupp runs away from everyone 7:30.18NR!


Wow.


Reaffirms what I have felt since last year, this is Rupps year. Confidence gained in Olympics and fire burning in the belly. Rupp will beat Farah this year in at least 1 race and will medal in WC 10k, good shot at gold. Lagat will be saying goodbye to the AR in 5k as well.


Yes. I could see Rupp blasting a 12:45/46 under the right conditions. Even the ageless Lagat cannot do that.
kuha
 
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Fraser runs PR in Sweden

Postby jamboy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

In her 2nd ever indoor race event, Fraser runs another PR. Great progress. If this was August, she would certainly be running a 6.85 :D


Here is the race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhRb6132Dg


http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Fr ... -in-Sweden


KINGSTON, Jamaica — Olympic sprint champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce powered down the track this afternoon to run her personal best of 7.04 seconds in the XL Gala's 60m sprint in Stockholm, Sweden.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: Fraser runs PR in Sweden

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm

She ran one her last indoor race also.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

it's all about running for medals now

12:45 in moscow is unlikely, but fast finishes by lagat and rupp off a more tactical pace will be interesting

des moines trials could be hot hot not, not pleasant for 5k
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby exdrake » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
kuha wrote:
az2004 wrote:rupp runs away from everyone 7:30.18NR!


Wow.


Reaffirms what I have felt since last year, this is Rupps year. Confidence gained in Olympics and fire burning in the belly. Rupp will beat Farah this year in at least 1 race and will medal in WC 10k, good shot at gold. Lagat will be saying goodbye to the AR in 5k as well.


For me, the precise MOMENT of Rupp's ascendence to having-the-confidence-to-challenge anyone...was the split second (and look in his eye when he was, for the umpteenth time passed by Lagat with maybe 80m left in Oly trials 5k...then dug in and tried...and then re-passed Lagat. In that moment and the next 9 or so seconds I think he ascended to beleiveing noone but farah had his number. And this year he appears to be set to ascend that one more step and I agree that he will give Farah all he can handle and at least at times beat him.

Now I'm wondering if we will see them less and less in the same races a la Pre meet.

It really is awesome to consider sub 12:50 seems very much in the cards for him this year if he gets in the right race in this champioship year. What a beautiful progression since he was dueling with the guy from Liberty and sam Chelaga etc. And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.
exdrake
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:46 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby az2004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

agree rupp prime years may be now thru 2015

hope he can squeeze in 2016

think farah will be on the wrong side of age by 2016

i've been a bernie fan too

i'm of th lomong opinions

we're on the same team
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby kuha » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:27 pm

exdrake wrote:For me, the precise MOMENT of Rupp's ascendence to having-the-confidence-to-challenge anyone...was the split second (and look in his eye when he was, for the umpteenth time passed by Lagat with maybe 80m left in Oly trials 5k...then dug in and tried...and then re-passed Lagat.


For me, it was the Pre meet several weeks earlier--which made the above exciting but not entirely surprising.
kuha
 
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: 3rd row, on the finish line

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby odelltrclan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

exdrake wrote: And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.


Yes, I wish Solinsky could have been in the mix. Unfortunately, when compared with Rupp, my bet is Solinsky will never reach Rupp's current level and very well may fail to reach his prior level. I think Rupp has transcended them all now and is top dog from 3k to 10k now and will likely have the fastest times over all those distances before he is through. Possibly this year.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
exdrake wrote: And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.


Yes, I wish Solinsky could have been in the mix. Unfortunately, when compared with Rupp, my bet is Solinsky will never reach Rupp's current level and very well may fail to reach his prior level. I think Rupp has transcended them all now and is top dog from 3k to 10k now and will likely have the fastest times over all those distances before he is through. Possibly this year.


It is not clear that Rupp is a better (flat) distance runner than Jager is a steepler. If you measure by Gold and Solver, yes (but there are more opportunities) and the Kenyans seem to have an almost unique advantage in this event. Still, let us see what year 2 of the Steeplechase
brings.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16320
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby TN1965 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:02 pm

exdrake wrote:It really is awesome to consider sub 12:50 seems very much in the cards for him this year if he gets in the right race in this champioship year. What a beautiful progression since he was dueling with the guy from Liberty and sam Chelaga etc. And too bad during this past two years we haven't had a healthy Solinsky in the mix.


The guy from Liberty? You mean Josh McDougal? Chelanga is also from Liberty. :)
TN1965
 
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Re: stockholm meet results

Postby Fortius19 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:41 am

Did they get Rupp's 2 mile time? :)


Too bad he couldn't have raced against Lagat in a 2 mile. 8:05/6 is a ways from 8:09.

I wonder what Rupps 1500/mile split was? Anyone?
Fortius19
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:18 am

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 18 guests