Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Master Po » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:57 pm

odelltrclan wrote:
az2004 wrote:ajee wilson 1:26.45 was 2nd

was that a record too??


The announcers said world junior record, but I don't know if they are correct or not.


all-athletics.com's stats support our announcers, with this listed as WJR for indoor 600:
Linsey McDonald GBR 1:27.4 (12 December 1981)
Master Po
 
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:58 pm

olorin wrote:
az2004 wrote:and 1:23.59 for montano

what a night breaaks record of 1:26


According to Peter Larson site this is the second best ever (!) behind Olga Kotlyarova 1:23.44

Probably the performance of the meet


Right.
At least according to the 2011 TAFWA All Time World Indoor List!!
She ran that time on February 1, 2004 in Moscow.
Montano's time is #2.
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby odelltrclan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Master Po wrote:
odelltrclan wrote:
az2004 wrote:ajee wilson 1:26.45 was 2nd

was that a record too??


The announcers said world junior record, but I don't know if they are correct or not.


all-athletics.com's stats support our announcers, with this listed as WJR for indoor 600:
Linsey McDonald GBR 1:27.4 (12 December 1981)


I think she had already run faster than that mark this year. Wasn't sure if she had beaten her earlier run this year but apparently she did. I see now it was 1:27.30.
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm

And Chris O'Hare finishes off maybe the best indoor meet ever (except for championship meets??) with a new Collegiate Indoor Record!!

WOW!! :shock: :D
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby odelltrclan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Indoor collegiate record in mile as well. All in all a fantastic meet to watch!
odelltrclan
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:10 pm

annoucer said men mile was a collegiate record in 4th guy from tulsaa//
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Master Po » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

olorin wrote:
az2004 wrote:and 1:23.59 for montano

what a night breaaks record of 1:26


According to Peter Larson site this is the second best ever (!) behind Olga Kotlyarova 1:23.44

Probably the performance of the meet


I'm inclined to agree -- in fact, looking at the all-time 600m lists -- combining indoor and outdoor -- Montano's time makes her #6 performer. I realize 600m isn't raced that much, but the four ahead of her (and Kotlyarova) are significant names in women's middle distance running: Quirot, Mutola, Jelimo, Melinte. Great performance for Montano.
Master Po
 
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

az2004 wrote:annoucer said men mile was a collegiate record in 4th guy from tulsaa//


Correct. Chris O'Hare from Great Britain.

Anyone have a confirm on Cain's 1500m? I haven't seen anything other than what was mentioned here.
Last edited by Dutra5 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Master Po » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 pm

I know it isn't a record, but given the history of great indoor performances by Ireland's milers, it seems worth noting that Ciaran O'Lionaird's 3:52.10 makes him #4 on their all-time indoor list, behind some great names: Coghlan, O'Sullivan, Flynn. It's been 30 years since a miler from Ireland has run this fast indoors.

Also, Lomong & Centrowitz now #3 & #4 on USA all-time indoor mile list (behind Lagat & Rupp, moving ahead of Scott & Maree).

And, O'Hare (in addition to the collegiate record) is #2 on GBR all-time indoor mile list (behind Peter Elliott 3:52.02).

By the way, how many record performances this evening? I haven't tallied them yet.
Last edited by Master Po on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Master Po
 
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: north coast USA

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 pm

they had a timer at 1500 mark

salazar made sure it was there

2. Cain.........4:26.15 (4:09.50 at 1500)
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:24 pm

az2004 wrote:they had a timer at 1500 mark

salazar made sure it was there

2. Cain.........4:26.15 (4:09.50 at 1500)


Where is this from? First of all...what is the 4:26.15?

I don't doubt it was timed....I'm just looking for an official time.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm

by tomorrow morning the specifics and times should be available

great meet overall

even hasay broke 4:30, good run for her
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:29 pm

This makes more sense:

Millrose Games‏@MillroseGames

Mary Cain ran her 1500m in 4:11.72 en route to her fantastic 4:28.25. Both are national indoor HS records. #millrose
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:30 pm

az2004 wrote:by tomorrow morning the specifics and times should be available

great meet overall

even hasay broke 4:30, good run for her


Jordan Hasay ran 4:36
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 pm

thanks for update on the 1500

ajee had run 1:27.30.600 before

olde usa record was 1:26.56 at Millrose.

both got it montano in a big way

ajee is 18??
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm

aaronk wrote:4:09.50?
That makes her final 109.1 meters only 18.75!
She finished in 16.67 in her 4:32.78!
More than 2 seconds slower?
Was she dying at the end?
Did she jog across the line?

Whatever the case, she now has broken SIX HSR's indoors!!!
Unprecedented!!


she finished in 16.53.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm

http://branchsportstech.com/2013_Meets/ ... ts36-1.htm

the 4:09 and 4:11 matching up with the 4:26 and 4:28

seem to be the problem

it was coburn under 4:30 not hasay

coburn first race since london, that's a good sign
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:41 pm

az2004 wrote:http://branchsportstech.com/2013_Meets/indoor/02-16-millrose/Results36-1.htm

the 4:09 and 4:11 matching up with the 4:26 and 4:28

seem to be the problem



What 4:26?
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Dutra5 wrote:
az2004 wrote:http://branchsportstech.com/2013_Meets/indoor/02-16-millrose/Results36-1.htm

the 4:09 and 4:11 matching up with the 4:26 and 4:28

seem to be the problem



What 4:26?


If you look back at all the posts, right before the mile started, I posted my predictions for the race, listing what I thought the first 6 placers would be, and their times.

I picked Reid to win in 4:25.78, with Cain second in 4:26.15!!
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

4:26 is assuming 4:09 my bad error here

too excited and messed up big time

abby, doaugostino almost broke 4:30

ok before ukraine where will cain run??

take a break, do some speedwork?? some 800's to sharpen a bit??

get under 60 for the kick to deal with the africans??

alberto, inquiring minds want to know
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm

aaronk wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
az2004 wrote:http://branchsportstech.com/2013_Meets/indoor/02-16-millrose/Results36-1.htm

the 4:09 and 4:11 matching up with the 4:26 and 4:28

seem to be the problem



What 4:26?


If you look back at all the posts, right before the mile started, I posted my predictions for the race, listing what I thought the first 6 placers would be, and their times.

I picked Reid to win in 4:25.78, with Cain second in 4:26.15!!


Awesome. What does that have to do with either what really did happen or what az posted?
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby JumboElliott » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Do we have a 1500 split for Reid?
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Dutra5 wrote:
aaronk wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
az2004 wrote:http://branchsportstech.com/2013_Meets/indoor/02-16-millrose/Results36-1.htm

the 4:09 and 4:11 matching up with the 4:26 and 4:28

seem to be the problem



What 4:26?


If you look back at all the posts, right before the mile started, I posted my predictions for the race, listing what I thought the first 6 placers would be, and their times.

I picked Reid to win in 4:25.78, with Cain second in 4:26.15!!


Awesome. What does that have to do with either what really did happen or what az posted?
Dutra5 wrote:
az2004 wrote:they had a timer at 1500 mark

salazar made sure it was there

2. Cain.........4:26.15 (4:09.50 at 1500)


Where is this from? First of all...what is the 4:26.15?

I don't doubt it was timed....I'm just looking for an official time.


That "infamous" 4:26.15 was just my prediction for what Cain would run tonight, made just prior to the start!!
As you can see, it was Dutra5 who first included that PREDICTED time...SEEMINGLY as the REAL result!!
It was NOT!!
So FORGET the 4:26.15!!
Cain's 4:28.25 (and 4:11.72 enroute) was awesome enough!!

Does this clear things up?? :?
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:55 pm

aaronk wrote:
That "infamous" 4:26.15 was just my prediction for what Cain would run tonight, made just prior to the start!!
As you can see, it was Dutra5 who first included that PREDICTED time...SEEMINGLY as the REAL result!!
It was NOT!!
So FORGET the 4:26.15!!
Cain's 4:28.25 (and 4:11.72 enroute) was awesome enough!!

Does this clear things up?? :?


The 4:26.15 came from az2004 which is why I asked the question in the first place. So, no, you haven't cleared anything up.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Dutra5 wrote:
aaronk wrote:
That "infamous" 4:26.15 was just my prediction for what Cain would run tonight, made just prior to the start!!
As you can see, it was Dutra5 who first included that PREDICTED time...SEEMINGLY as the REAL result!!
It was NOT!!
So FORGET the 4:26.15!!
Cain's 4:28.25 (and 4:11.72 enroute) was awesome enough!!

Does this clear things up?? :?


The 4:26.15 came from az2004 which is why I asked the question in the first place. So, no, you haven't cleared anything up.


I'm too dizzy to even THINK about this!!!! :shock:
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:07 pm

JumboElliott wrote:Do we have a 1500 split for Reid?


Can't find anything other than for Cain and that was from the Millrose tweet. What's maddening is that the men's 1500m splits are listed in the results.
Last edited by Dutra5 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 pm

aaronk wrote:
Dutra5 wrote:
aaronk wrote:
That "infamous" 4:26.15 was just my prediction for what Cain would run tonight, made just prior to the start!!
As you can see, it was Dutra5 who first included that PREDICTED time...SEEMINGLY as the REAL result!!
It was NOT!!
So FORGET the 4:26.15!!
Cain's 4:28.25 (and 4:11.72 enroute) was awesome enough!!

Does this clear things up?? :?


The 4:26.15 came from az2004 which is why I asked the question in the first place. So, no, you haven't cleared anything up.


I'm too dizzy


I'll sum it up. You were wrong in what you thought you read and from whom. Multiple times.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Here we go:

Event 403 Women 1500 Meter Run enroute
================================================================
Name Year Team Finals
================================================================
Finals
1 Sheila Reid Nike 4:10.80
2 Mary Cain Bronxville, NY 4:11.72
3 Hilary Stellingwerff New Balance 4:11.95
4 Kate Grace Oiselle 4:12.29
5 Emma Coburn Colorado 4:12.31
6 Abbey D'Agostino Dartmouth College 4:12.73
7 Emily Infeld Nike Oregon TC 4:12.79
8 Sarah Brown New Balance 4:13.30
9 Jordan Hasay Oregon 4:15.62
10 Ashley Higginson Saucony 4:16.39
11 Renee Tomlin Nike 4:16.58
-- Sara Vaughn Bowerman AC DNF
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby JumboElliott » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Wow, Sheila really had the hammer down on that last lap.
JumboElliott
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:46 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby 26mi235 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:56 pm

aaronk wrote:Cain's time, as an 11th grader in High School, would rank THIRD All Time on the Collegiate list!!
Cain's 1500 time of 4:09.50 is NUMBER ONE on the All Time Collegiate list indoors......IF she'd been a collegian!!


The collegians primarily run the mile indoors, not the 1500, although the run the 1500 outdoors and run the mile outdoors less than the men. Thus, the indoor collegiate 1500 is likely not as good as the mile.
Last edited by 26mi235 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16336
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby Dutra5 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:00 pm

26mi235 wrote:
aaronk wrote:Cain's time, as an 11th grader in High School, would rank THIRD All Time on the Collegiate list!!
Cain's 1500 time of 4:09.50 is NUMBER ONE on the All Time Collegiate list indoors......IF she'd been a collegian!!


The difference there, in addition to her going hard to 1500 and being a little tired at the end, is the fact that the collegians primarily run the mile indoors, not the 1500, although the run the 1500 outdoors and run the mile outdoors less than the men.


The time as quoted is wrong anway as the 4:09 seems to have been pulled out of thin air. The correct time of 4:11.72 would be the second fastest collegian however.
Dutra5
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:51 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby 26mi235 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Master Po wrote:I realize there are many other things to talk about from Millrose, but could someone tell me who is Erik Sowinski. Can't keep up with everyone, and this is a name I've never heard. Thanks in advance. :)

Also, thanks to kuha for the "glass 99.99995% full" statement-- well stated! :D


Very good 800 guy from Iowa; he took down a pretty good 800 field at the Big Ten meet last spring. I am not sure if he lead all the way, but he took the race strategy of several very good finishers while also beating guys like Casmir Loxsom (Penn St) and Harun (MN) and Mudd (Wis).
26mi235
 
Posts: 16336
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby aaronk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Jeez Louise!!
I was just over at Let'sRun searching for any videos from Cain's race tonight.
Boy, are their Message Board people a bunch of hard ass you-know-whats!!
They have a thread there saying Cain elbowed Reid and tripped Hasay during the race.
But that's not the worst of it.
Not by a mile!! (sic!)

They said some VERY hateful and harsh things about not only Cain, but also about Hasay!!
Personal things!
I won't repeat them!!
They're too ugly!!

The kid is just 16 years old!!
Is that the way these creeps treat 16 year old girls??

Come on, Let'sRun, either clean up your Message Board.....or make those creeps apologize to Mary and Jordan!!

I ain't going back there....ever!!

(Our MB commenters are Mother Teresa's compared to them!!)
aaronk
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:39 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby doug5321 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:01 pm

26mi235 wrote:
aaronk wrote:Cain's time, as an 11th grader in High School, would rank THIRD All Time on the Collegiate list!!
Cain's 1500 time of 4:09.50 is NUMBER ONE on the All Time Collegiate list indoors......IF she'd been a collegian!!


The collegians primarily run the mile indoors, not the 1500, although the run the 1500 outdoors and run the mile outdoors less than the men. Thus, the indoor collegiate 1500 is likely not as good as the mile.


cains 1500 time would be #2 on the ALL TIME collegiate 1500 list behind only tina krebs, cains mile time would put her at #3 on the ALL TIME collegiate mile list behind only jenny barringer-simpson and sally kipyego.
doug5321
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 am

my problem was directly after the race, i continued to listen to the espn3.com audio of the reid and cain interview

saw the posting of the reid cain hasay sub 4:30 and mistook them for the actual times

and in all the hubub, of the continuing action on the track never realize my error till dutra 5 corrected me

i apologize for any confusion i may have caused

woke up early, and felt the need to apologize about this

did anyone see salazar at milrrose or was he with rupp, wherever they are
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 am

http://ny.milesplit.com/meets/126486/videos?id=33540

interview by cain after 4:28

talks about oregon project team doing workout after boston 2 mile

8s,6s,4s,2s

will do nationals

doesnt know what event

talks about tactics of the millrose race itself

mentions being 4th in hs girsl 2012 race

New Balance High School Girls' Mile
Finals
1 Nadel, Samantha North Shore 4:46.19M
2 Moye, Megan Cosby 4:49.95
3 Nerud, Brianna North Shore 4:50.12
4 Cain, Mary Bronxville 4:52.19
5 Chase, Sophie Lake Braddock 4:54.14
6 Paul, Rachel Sachem East 4:54.64
7 Panisse, Alexis Cardozo 4:57.39
8 Batzel, Audrey Ocean Lakes 4:57.56
9 Seykora, Maria Notre Dame 4:58.00
10 Gerlach, Tori Pennridge 5:03.70
11 Margey, Kelsey Friends Academy 5:06.57
12 Sargent, Sara Pennsbury 5:14.87

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mil ... FORM=VIRE1
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 am

2011 millrose girls mile

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mil ... FORM=VIRE3

ajee wilson 3rd overall
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:43 am

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/250015 ... rose-Games

chris o'hare 3:52 video of interview after race
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:55 am

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/250015 ... rose-Games

Ciaran O'Lionaird back with Big 3:52 mile PR 2013 Millrose Games
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

Re: Duel at the Armory: Hasay vs Cain

Postby az2004 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:11 am

edward cheserek interview after 8:39 2 mile breaking gerry lindgren 2 mile record

http://ny.milesplit.com/meets/126486/videos/?id=33547
Last edited by az2004 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
az2004
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am

PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 79., Bing [Bot] and 14 guests