SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!


Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby Megas15 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Speedster wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:Speedster you literally took the words right from my mouth when you said her season reminds you of Tianna Madison last year. Its very rare I watch a video and someone actually looks fast. Like you said it looked like her next 40 could have been something special as well. I will be shocked if she doesnt run in the 10.8x at least. 7 flat and sub 7 with splashes of 7 lows shows consistent starting ability this girl is gonna be something.


What Madison does well is hold her form from 60-100m, she looked great in london. Ahoure's form slipped a little in Istanbul when VCB got along side her and just pipped her for the win in what was a great race. If Ahoure can stay calm in the final part of her race then I think 10.8 is hers.

Don't be too sure about that...a couple years ago, Leverne Jones Ferrett was burning up the track and where is she now?
Megas15
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 am
Location: The Great North East

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby Speedster » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:38 pm

She's a mother of one who returned to run 7.05 (2nd best time) 11.07 PB, 22.62 (5th best) last year...but I know where you're going. We'll just have to wait and see how she goes outdoors.
Speedster
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby fasttrack85 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 am

Laverne Jones Ferrett is an anomaly. If someone has a 6.97 and a 51.47 I would not only expect 10.8x but sub 22.

As for Ahoure her start is even sharper this year than it was last year. She looked strong right up until the line as well. Last year was her break out year for the most part and i think her and her coach are probably working on the weak spots from last year. If she can hold her form outdoors should should duplicate Tianna Madison's olympic year and be a strong medal contender.
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby 26mi235 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:Laverne Jones Ferrett is an anomaly. If someone has a 6.97 and a 51.47 I would not only expect 10.8x but sub 22.

As for Ahoure her start is even sharper this year than it was last year. She looked strong right up until the line as well. Last year was her break out year for the most part and i think her and her coach are probably working on the weak spots from last year. If she can hold her form outdoors should should duplicate Tianna Madison's olympic year and be a strong medal contender.


But she does not really have a 6.97 in many people's assessment.
26mi235
 
Posts: 16337
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Madison, WI

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby jamboy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

fasttrack85 wrote:Laverne Jones Ferrett is an anomaly. If someone has a 6.97 and a 51.47 I would not only expect 10.8x but sub 22.

As for Ahoure her start is even sharper this year than it was last year. She looked strong right up until the line as well. Last year was her break out year for the most part and i think her and her coach are probably working on the weak spots from last year. If she can hold her form outdoors should should duplicate Tianna Madison's olympic year and be a strong medal contender.


There have been a few indoor speedsters over that years that have not been able to tranfer that speed outdoors.
jamboy
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 am

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby Speedster » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 am

jamboy wrote:There have been a few indoor speedsters over that years that have not been able to tranfer that speed outdoors.


True but given Ahoure's 22.42 200m PB, I think she demonstrates enough speed endurance to get in the 10.80s this year.
Speedster
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby fasttrack85 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 am

26mi235 wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:Laverne Jones Ferrett is an anomaly. If someone has a 6.97 and a 51.47 I would not only expect 10.8x but sub 22.

As for Ahoure her start is even sharper this year than it was last year. She looked strong right up until the line as well. Last year was her break out year for the most part and i think her and her coach are probably working on the weak spots from last year. If she can hold her form outdoors should should duplicate Tianna Madison's olympic year and be a strong medal contender.


But she does not really have a 6.97 in many people's assessment.


clarify please
fasttrack85
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby ATK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:11 am

fasttrack85 wrote:
26mi235 wrote:
fasttrack85 wrote:Laverne Jones Ferrett is an anomaly. If someone has a 6.97 and a 51.47 I would not only expect 10.8x but sub 22.

As for Ahoure her start is even sharper this year than it was last year. She looked strong right up until the line as well. Last year was her break out year for the most part and i think her and her coach are probably working on the weak spots from last year. If she can hold her form outdoors should should duplicate Tianna Madison's olympic year and be a strong medal contender.


But she does not really have a 6.97 in many people's assessment.


clarify please

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVerne_Jones-Ferrette
ATK
 
Posts: 3808
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby toyracer » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Speedster wrote:Ahoure has the benefit of near automatic entry to Moscow where her main challengers from the US and JAM will have trials to contend with, apart from Jeter who has a bye.


S-AF-P also has a bye for the 100m, as the reigning DL champion. She will most likely run only the 200m at trials.
toyracer
 
Posts: 1759
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 pm
Location: Kingston, Jamaica

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby t_monk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

toyracer wrote:
Speedster wrote:Ahoure has the benefit of near automatic entry to Moscow where her main challengers from the US and JAM will have trials to contend with, apart from Jeter who has a bye.


S-AF-P also has a bye for the 100m, as the reigning DL champion. She will most likely run only the 200m at trials.


Jeter also have a a bye...
t_monk
 
Posts: 4338
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: New Haven, CT + Kgn, JA

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby Speedster » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 am

t_monk wrote:
toyracer wrote:
Speedster wrote:Ahoure has the benefit of near automatic entry to Moscow where her main challengers from the US and JAM will have trials to contend with, apart from Jeter who has a bye.


S-AF-P also has a bye for the 100m, as the reigning DL champion. She will most likely run only the 200m at trials.


Jeter also have a a bye...


And VCB has one for the 200m! Everyone has it easy this year!
Speedster
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:31 am
Location: London

Re: SAFP vs Jeter vs Ahoure 60m Birmingham NIA on Saturday!

Postby shivfan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 am

"Back-to-back Olympic 100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce continues to show improvement in the 60 metres after winning at the XL Galan meet in Stockholm, Sweden, yesterday with her third consecutive personal best. Fraser-Pryce, who is attempting the indoor circuit for the first time in her career, made an impressive debut last week at the British Athletics Grand Prix meet in Birmingham, winning her heat in 7.18 seconds before finishing second in the final with a time of 7.09 seconds. The diminutive Jamaican continued her hot streak, winning ahead of Ukrainian Mariya Ryemyen, 7.18, and Myriam Soumaré (France), 7.22, with a 7.04 seconds run - her fastest time over the distance so far, after three starts."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2013 ... orts4.html
shivfan
 
Posts: 2593
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 am
Location: Just outside London

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Speedster and 9 guests