Flotrack vs. LetsRun

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Flotrack vs. LetsRun

Postby TN1965 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 pm

lionelp1 wrote:I think highly of Letsrun but NOT the foul mouthed nasty people that exist and infest their Forum. Their coverage across the board is generally fine and the interviews are excellent. The oppo to see and hear the race at Boston and Rupps comments was welcome.

Are the posters who write on Letsrun typical Americans?

That's what happens when people are allowed to post without registration, and the moderator cannot punish them by suspending their access. Something to keep in mind whenever you are suspended on this forum... :mrgreen:
TN1965

Re: Flotrack vs. LetsRun

Postby 26mi235 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:52 pm

lionelp1 wrote:I think highly of Letsrun but NOT the foul mouthed nasty people that exist and infest their Forum. Their coverage across the board is generally fine and the interviews are excellent. The oppo to see and hear the race at Boston and Rupps comments was welcome.

Are the posters who write on Letsrun typical Americans?

There is greater interest in high school and college side of the sport, especially in cross country. The material that is slow to develop here is primary fodder on LR. They usually have an active thread on any big marathon (Boston, NYC, Berlin, London, WCs, OGs,...) as well as on some XC races and 10,000s.

You have to separate out the wheat from the chaff and they seem to moderate the boards a little bit more fully than they used to (example, the cut out a lot of speculation on Hadsell resigning) and the use of bad language has diminished.

It is no contest which venue I prefer most, but LR does have a place.
26mi235

Previous