Your ultimate dream 110m/h final...

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Your ultimate dream 110m/h final...

Postby 79. » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:56 pm

There 've been so many fantastic specimen since the last World war that it almost seems
impossible to built this kind of fantasmagoric race.
Therefore, I would choose these eight legends:
- Rod MILBURN
- Reynaldo NEHEMIAH
- Dayron ROBLES
- Aries MERRIT
- Colin JACKSON
- Xiang LIU
- Allen JOHNSON
- Roger KINGDOM
....for a 12"70 performance ???

Re: Your ultimate dream 110m/h final...

Postby The Klingon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:09 pm

My pick to win that one would be Reynaldo Nehemiah.
The Klingon

Postby tandfman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:00 pm

To me, this ties into the other thread about track improvements. It is impossible to compare hurdlers who run on modern tracks with those who ran on cinders. I can't help thinking that Harrison Dillard belongs in this field. An incredibly smooth hurdler who also fast enough to win a 100m Olympic gold medal.

That having been said, I can't see him keeping up with anyone on that list. It's just one of those imponderables.

If you had a 9th lane, I'd give it to Greg Foster who was, after all, a three-time world champion. Jason Richardson is another world champion deserving of consdieration. At one time I thought Rod Milburn was the ultimate hurdler, but I can't see him beating either Foster or Richardson.
tandfman

Postby The Klingon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 am

tandfman wrote:To me, this ties into the other thread about track improvements. It is impossible to compare hurdlers who run on modern tracks with those who ran on cinders. I can't help thinking that Harrison Dillard belongs in this field. An incredibly smooth hurdler who also fast enough to win a 100m Olympic gold medal.

That having been said, I can't see him keeping up with anyone on that list. It's just one of those imponderables.

If you had a 9th lane, I'd give it to Greg Foster who was, after all, a three-time world champion. Jason Richardson is another world champion deserving of consdieration. At one time I thought Rod Milburn was the ultimate hurdler, but I can't see him beating either Foster or Richardson.

I agree with you on Greg Foster.
The Klingon

Postby gh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 am

I think the biggest surprise out of such a field would be Milburn. IMHO, even if he doesn't win, he's very close. Certainly a medalist.
gh