Grazerism bitches about German Eurosport again

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Grazerism bitches about German Eurosport again

Postby Grazerism » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 am

OK, this is like a running gag, but I gotta post it. I am very lucky to be in Europe and get great track coverage. BUT:

In the men's hammer, last round, it is obvious to me on my small TV screen that Ziólkowski passed Zagorniy for silver on his last throw. But Eurosport doesn't get it, just sees a slight improvement--finally realizes what has happened. (Zagorniy repassed him on HIS last throw!)

In 100mh, Eurosport jubilantly announces that Austrian Beate Schrott has just won bronze! (At least these German guys are nice to Austria, not always the case!) But it was clearly a photo finish--and Schrott got lead by .01 seconds.

In w1500, Eurosport had NO IDEA who the two Turks were who left the field behind in the last lap, saying that the leader was Serbian Muncan (who finished last).

Saving the best for last, especially for German announcers, w4x100, Eurosport announces that it looks bad for Germany and that the Ukrainians were "Bären-stark" (strong as bears), even announcing who the next Ukrainian runner would be. But it was the UKRAINIANS who had dropped the baton, while Germany was winning gold.

Having said all that, I still watch Eurosport more than the simultaneous German state TV, because the latter tends to show German athletes walking around the infield and the announcers announce like they are reading the telephone book. :-)
Grazerism

Re: Grazerism bitches about German Eurosport again

Postby pakillo » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 am

I totally agree!
That women's 1500m is so typical. And knowing how good they are, especially Sigi, in world countries(Niger and Nigeria are usually the same and much more) hopefully Eurosport will pay him one geography lesson before the OG.
pakillo

Postby pakillo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:32 am

Sigi Heinrich's pronunciation of the names is unbelievable. It's impossible to know what is correct in every single language but he sounds like he's retarded ( I'm a bit harsh but seriously :roll: ).
pakillo

Postby j-a-m » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 am

pakillo wrote:Sigi Heinrich's pronunciation of the names is unbelievable.

At least you only have to listen to him, and not watch him. Other TV networks waste their vierwer's time by frequently showing their announcers instead of the athletes.
j-a-m

Postby j-a-m » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:32 am

What exactly did the Eurosport announcer just say about Felix and Tarmoh?
j-a-m

Postby croflash » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 pm

j-a-m wrote:What exactly did the Eurosport announcer just say about Felix and Tarmoh?

That was embarrassing. He pretty much got all of it wrong, starting with the simple fact that the race in question were the 100, not 200. Hopefully someone told him after the broadcast yesterday and he will clarify the story today because that was terrible PR for Felix.
croflash

Postby pakillo » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:23 am

First HOUR of the 50km race and they keep talking about Russia and Guyana in the lead. Suddenly they realized it's Guatemala. This is too much. Just showing how good they know tradition of the race walking.
pakillo

Postby pakillo » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:07 pm

And again, he just had no idea and how could he when he's covering biathlon, figure skating, voleyball, sometimes alpine skiing and much more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL_mRBl8LVA
pakillo