Moscow 2013--Ticket Sales?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Moscow 2013--Ticket Sales?

Postby ALLSpeed » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

bruce3404 wrote:Did you order off the website? And are you in section B2, which seems to be the only section listed at this time? Thanks for reporting progress!

I ordered from the website but I used the "Application" link near the bottom. It allowed me to order Section F.
ALLSpeed

Postby Baykal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:14 am

bruce3404 wrote:Paging Baykal! Does anyone on the ground have any idea what the problem is with ticket ordering?

Quote from here http://www.mos2013.org/en/news/6205.htm :
"Currently you can book different ticket packages for seats in the sector B2 at the official competition website http://www.mos2013.com (section “Ticket Sales”). You can also make a preliminary application for seats in any sector through the form at the same page."
The link: http://iaaf.arena-market.ru/preorder.do?new (ALLSpeed wrote about the same thing above, I guess).

az2004 wrote:this is russia, what did you expect
they summoned maddonna because of her pro gay comments in st pete..

have you follwed pussy riot story at all

think fox riled the wrld and you get an idea

Nevertheless I think you love Russia in the deep of your soul :mrgreen:
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 am

actually i love to be there non nov 14, when usa plays russia in soccer

saw the 1-0 win over portugal, and with northern ireland draw in portugal, even if russia loses there they will still have 1 point over portgal, and it would seem to me, only, isreal can keep russia from going to brasil,

and uou did beat them 4-0

looks like klinmsann will bring a B team, so i suspect capello will use a 2nd team too
az2004

Postby bruce3404 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 am

The applications in other sections had been ignored until the last day or two, when Allspeed and others finally received responses to their inquiries. The system would work a lot easier if one could select seats in ALL sections, not just B2. My feeling is that the promoters are trying to sell the poor seats in B2 to put bodies in them so the place will look packed when cameras zoom in on sprinters in the blocks. It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners, much like Daegu (although in Daegu, the entire top tier on the homestretch was also covered). Anyways, some of us have now received the applications and we'll have to wait and see how quickly we get responses after sending in the applications, since at this time we still don't have tickets. It's not all negative, though. I'm very happy with the reasonable pricing for the tickets. Good seats can be purchased for as little as $220 for the entire meet, a price that would have roughly been good for one morning session at the Olympics.
bruce3404

Postby tandfman » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 am

bruce3404 wrote: It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners . . .

If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.
tandfman

Postby Baykal » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am

az2004 wrote:actually i love to be there non nov 14, when usa plays russia in soccer

saw the 1-0 win over portugal, and with northern ireland draw in portugal, even if russia loses there they will still have 1 point over portgal, and it would seem to me, only, isreal can keep russia from going to brasil,

and uou did beat them 4-0

looks like klinmsann will bring a B team, so i suspect capello will use a 2nd team too

Do you mean that Russia will play by second squad? I am sure that we'll see the first team against USA, because a rival is very good and interesting :) I bet it will be a tie.
And by the way, the game will take place in Krasnodar, not in Moscow.

tandfman wrote:If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.

I guess it will be excellent, if at least a 2/3 of entire stadium will be filled. Actually there are 76000 seats in Luzhniki, and 72000 tickets were on sale prior football match Russia - Portugal (first rows of seats usually are empty due safety). So 50000 spectators on evening session - it will be very good. I don't even say about morning sessions. Unfortunately, an interest of the locals (especially in Moscow) is low. But Moscow is much closer to Europe than Daegu, so I hope we'll see many european fans.
Baykal

Postby az2004 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:12 am

it was cold and rainy for the 1-0 win over portugal, great counter attack goal early, and basically defended it the whole game, ronaldo was a non factor

usa domestic league has semi finals, so donovan is unlikely to play

also the players who play in mexico won't play, and there are a couple

krasnodar is more southern and is a 2018 world cup venue i think

from what i hear, there will be a good euro and american presence, compared to daegu, but dageu was very cheap, and the prices i get for moscow are easily double daegu

today is the 10th annivsery of the chechen terror attack in moscow where 130 russians died

most died due to the spetznatz using a chemical gas which knocked out the chechens and the hostages, but recovery from the gas was very poor
az2004

Postby pakillo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46 pm

tandfman wrote:
bruce3404 wrote: It's odd that the entire top tier on the backstretch is going to be covered with banners . . .

If they're doing that, it's probably because they figure the alternative would be thousands of empty seats (which I believe is why they did something similar in Daegu). Nobody wants to see that. The Moscow Olympic stadium seats about 80,000. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they don't think they can fill it. In such matters, you have to trust the judgment of the locals.

I'm not really surprised they think they can't fill it cause attendance at Russian meetings and Russian Champs is so sad :?
But I'd rather see empty seats than banners! Watching banners is really sad.
pakillo

Postby bruce3404 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:45 pm

pakillo wrote:
I'm not really surprised they think they can't fill it cause attendance at Russian meetings and Russian Champs is so sad :?
But I'd rather see empty seats than banners! Watching banners is really sad.

Track and field sometimes reminds me of musicians I really love and get to see in small clubs. On the one hand, I want the artist to get bigger and move onto a larger stage and then there's the side that enjoys being able to watch top flight talent without fighting too hard or paying too much for good tickets. Maybe they should photograph a full house for a soccer game and then just overlay the pictures of people in top deck seats onto the banners? Might fool the people at home. :D
bruce3404

Postby pakillo » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:12 am

"The famous Luzhniki Stadium, which staged the 1980 Olympic Games has a current capacity of 80,000 but will be remodeled so that 50,000 seats are available to the general public as well as the seats that will be used by teams, VIPs and media."

I find this PATHETIC as much as I HEART Athens 1997.
pakillo

Postby eldanielfire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 am

az2004 wrote:this is russia, what did you expect

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-6OV7I5dhY

and:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Z_O1c5Ddg
eldanielfire

Previous