Take notice of Schippers-7.18s in WIC /7.14s PB

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Re: Take notice of dafne schippers-11.31s/-0.3 in Brussels

Postby gh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:47 am

cheetah69 wrote:...
"Interested?" yeah. Whole thread running 8 pages long seems to be a bit much. This chick is not SAFP. She won't be anywhere near her. Was it Angela Williams who ran 11.1 as a high schooler but failed to go on to anything much greater after that. ...

Williams ran 11.11 as a prep but went on to a notable collegiate (multiple NCAA titles, American Junior Record) and beyond (2 World Indoor golds at 60m) career.
gh

Postby tandfman » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:27 pm

gh wrote:Williams ran 11.11 as a prep but went on to a notable collegiate (multiple NCAA titles . . .

To be more precise, she won the NCAA 100m title four years in a row.
tandfman

Postby cheetah69 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm

Daisy wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:"Interested?" yeah. Whole thread running 8 pages long seems to be a bit much

But started in Mar 2012. Imagine how long all the threads mentioning SFP over the same time frame would be if added together.

I think you'd agree that for an athlete who's had back-to-back Olympic Golds, has two 100m WC titles, one 200m title, and who's one of the top 5 fastest women ever, such a thread would be warranted.
cheetah69

Postby cheetah69 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:15 pm

gh wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:...
"Interested?" yeah. Whole thread running 8 pages long seems to be a bit much. This chick is not SAFP. She won't be anywhere near her. Was it Angela Williams who ran 11.1 as a high schooler but failed to go on to anything much greater after that. ...

Williams ran 11.11 as a prep but went on to a notable collegiate (multiple NCAA titles, American Junior Record) and beyond (2 World Indoor golds at 60m) career.

Yeah, but c'mon, despite her stellar prep career, she didn't do much as a pro. Did she even break 10.9? And yet we're talking about a 21 year old running 11.0 and suggesting a possible 10.6????!!!!
cheetah69

Postby dustoff » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:21 pm

So in a year she focused on the multi-events (taking a world medal), she ran faster than 11.1, so I don't see your point exactly in comparing her to Angela Williams. What exactly is your point again?

An 8 page thread doesn't mean a whole lot. After all, it has gone on for more than a year and a half, sporadically, updating with her results for those interested. There are more threads and posts dedicated to the doping ban SAFP had a few years ago than there are total posts about Schippers, so I fail to see your point.

And while the poster may have bee exuberant, he/she clearly said it may happen in the future and is an indication of talent, not that she can run 10.6 today.

You are only adding posts to this thread about an athlete who 'isn't worth it', so I don't really see your point.
dustoff

Postby cheetah69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:18 am

dustoff wrote:So in a year she focused on the multi-events (taking a world medal), she ran faster than 11.1, so I don't see your point exactly in comparing her to Angela Williams. What exactly is your point again?

An 8 page thread doesn't mean a whole lot. After all, it has gone on for more than a year and a half, sporadically, updating with her results for those interested. There are more threads and posts dedicated to the doping ban SAFP had a few years ago than there are total posts about Schippers, so I fail to see your point.

And while the poster may have bee exuberant, he/she clearly said it may happen in the future and is an indication of talent, not that she can run 10.6 today.

You are only adding posts to this thread about an athlete who 'isn't worth it', so I don't really see your point.

I'm sure my point is clear. I mentioned Angela because she was much younger and ran just as fast. And yet she went on to do not much in the way of pro sprinting. And this whole idea that this chick didn't train for the sprints as if she's naturally gonna run 11.0 is b.s. She competed in the heptathlon correct? Part of that training is sprint training. You guys go on as if she were a shot putter who dabbled in a one-off 100 and blazed an 11.0. That's not what we're talking about.

Again anything involving SAFP deserves much more press. Drug suspension, championship run or hell, a trip to the grocery store. She's one of the greatest sprinters to ever walk the planet and you have the nerve to mention her in the same breath as you do Schippers?

Why isn't anyone saying the truth here? This woman hasn't exhibited other worldly talent that we haven't seen in young athletes before. Marion, Allyson, Angela, Sanya are just a few of the super young and super gifted. I wonder how many of them would have elicited such passionate replies or spirited prophecies if we had these boards when they were in their teens?
cheetah69

Postby Daisy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:18 am

cheetah69 wrote:
dustoff wrote:So in a year she focused on the multi-events (taking a world medal), she ran faster than 11.1, so I don't see your point exactly in comparing her to Angela Williams. What exactly is your point again?

I'm sure my point is clear.

Excellent, so why don't you move onto the SFP threads. :?:
Daisy

Postby dustoff » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:22 am

cheetah69 wrote:I'm sure my point is clear. I mentioned Angela because she was much younger and ran just as fast. And yet she went on to do not much in the way of pro sprinting. And this whole idea that this chick didn't train for the sprints as if she's naturally gonna run 11.0 is b.s. She competed in the heptathlon correct? Part of that training is sprint training. You guys go on as if she were a shot putter who dabbled in a one-off 100 and blazed an 11.0. That's not what we're talking about.

Again anything involving SAFP deserves much more press. Drug suspension, championship run or hell, a trip to the grocery store. She's one of the greatest sprinters to ever walk the planet and you have the nerve to mention her in the same breath as you do Schippers?

Why isn't anyone saying the truth here? This woman hasn't exhibited other worldly talent that we haven't seen in young athletes before. Marion, Allyson, Angela, Sanya are just a few of the super young and super gifted. I wonder how many of them would have elicited such passionate replies or spirited prophecies if we had these boards when they were in their teens?

So 1 thread for a WC medalist over the course of 2 seasons is too much? I think you need to get a grip on reality and quit boosting up the thread you yourself say is a waste of time. A page of the thread has been dedicated to you, of course.

There were many threads and discussions about Marion (well, maybe not as much her since it was in the 90s), Allyson, Angela, and Sanya. Perhaps it is you that needs to go back and review history.
dustoff

Postby Daisy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:18 am

dustoff wrote:There were many threads and discussions about Marion (well, maybe not as much her since it was in the 90s), Allyson, Angela, and Sanya. Perhaps it is you that needs to go back and review history.

Hasay, Twell and Pidgeon had a lot too.
Daisy

Postby akua*d » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:28 am

cheetah69. if forumites want to observe and discuss european sprint talents (rare enough), so shall it be done. if you want to discuss caribbean 11.3 talents, you can start a thread as well and facilitate endless discourses as seen on the caribbean track and field forum.
as for me, i am happy to follow this thread (as well as the caribbean forum) as it provides info on athletes that i could not gather elsewhere.
regarding safp: yeah, she's the queen. please open a thread on her, so we can top these 8 pages in a fraction of two years :D
Last edited by akua*d on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
akua*d

Postby Daisy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 am

cheetah69 wrote:
Daisy wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:"Interested?" yeah. Whole thread running 8 pages long seems to be a bit much

But started in Mar 2012. Imagine how long all the threads mentioning SFP over the same time frame would be if added together.

I think you'd agree that for an athlete who's had back-to-back Olympic Golds, has two 100m WC titles, one 200m title, and who's one of the top 5 fastest women ever, such a thread would be warranted.

I'd definitely agree. The point is that there are plenty of minor players that get air time here too. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

cheetah69 wrote:And yet we're talking about a 21 year old running 11.0 and suggesting a possible 10.6????!!!!

I'm not sure, but I think you were the first to mention 10.6. Look back through the thread, hardly any crazy predictions, just mulling over what she could do if she trained specifically for the sprints.
Daisy

Postby cheetah69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 pm

Daisy wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:
Daisy wrote:

I'd definitely agree. The point is that there are plenty of minor players that get air time here too. I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

Nothing's "bad" about anything here. I'm just trying to understand the attention, passion and excitement over an athlete who hasn't appeared to have done anything to warrant such.
cheetah69 wrote:And yet we're talking about a 21 year old running 11.0 and suggesting a possible 10.6????!!!!

I'm not sure, but I think you were the first to mention 10.6. Look back through the thread, hardly any crazy predictions, just mulling over what she could do if she trained specifically for the sprints.

And no, I wasn't the first. Someone mentioned that given the right amount of wind, a 10.6 was a possibility.
cheetah69

Postby cheetah69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:07 pm

Daisy wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:

I'm sure my point is clear.

Excellent, so why don't you move onto the SFP threads. :?:

Simple. I was perplexed by the attention she was getting. Wanted to know what was behind it. When I"m over it, I'll be over it
cheetah69

Postby cheetah69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 pm

dustoff wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:I'm sure my point is clear. I mentioned Angela because she was much younger and ran just as fast. And yet she went on to do not much in the way of pro sprinting. And this whole idea that this chick didn't train for the sprints as if she's naturally gonna run 11.0 is b.s. She competed in the heptathlon correct? Part of that training is sprint training. You guys go on as if she were a shot putter who dabbled in a one-off 100 and blazed an 11.0. That's not what we're talking about.

So 1 thread for a WC medalist over the course of 2 seasons is too much? I think you need to get a grip on reality and quit boosting up the thread you yourself say is a waste of time. A page of the thread has been dedicated to you, of course.

There were many threads and discussions about Marion (well, maybe not as much her since it was in the 90s), Allyson, Angela, and Sanya. Perhaps it is you that needs to go back and review history.

This isn't about me. I mean I'm now responding and have a discussion. So it's about me and I guess some of y'all. Also, I never mentioned anything being a waste of time. this is a message board. In the scheme of things, any and everything here is a waste of time. I don't mind that. Was just initially curious about who this chick was and why she garnered so much seemingly-ridiculous excitement.
cheetah69

Postby cheetah69 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:17 pm

akua*d wrote:cheetah69. if forumites want to observe and discuss european sprint talents (rare enough), so shall it be done. if you want to discuss caribbean 11.3 talents, you can start a thread as well and facilitate endless discourses as seen on the caribbean track and field forum.
as for me, i am happy to follow this thread (as well as the caribbean forum) as it provides info on athletes that i could not gather elsewhere.
regarding safp: yeah, she's the queen. please open a thread on her, so we can top these 8 pages in a fraction of two years :D

If folks wanna pontificate, guess and make wild predictions about ANY athlete, I think it's fine. I just hadn't seen anything from this athlete that caused for it. I kept seeing her name at the top of the "current events" section and I never clicked on it because I didn't know who she was. Then after I did and then watched some of her vids, I got a little confused. But I see now. This is just a "We got a fast European sprinter and we're super excited" thing.
cheetah69

Postby weia » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:17 am

The topic has been started by a Chinese athletics fan and I do not see the Europe-Europe card being played in the discussion. So what is it about? Someone sprinting fast for her age without doing a full sprint programm, that's giving room to speculation and that is what athletic fans like – otherwise there would not be need for a forum, rankings would be enough.
My speculation is that she will improve the national record 100 next year and when she will run 10.99 sometime it would be great. She also aims to break the national long jump record of 6.75. And I fear the records of our track club will be set on such a level that it will take a century to break them.
weia

Postby nianchengyu » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:07 am

When I started this thread,I did not realise such considerable replies because I just have an attitude of loving heptathlon,her special type and her.I am pleased to let everyone discuss about her,but if someone who said such ridiculous words and did not respect these athletes who did not win global title on senior level,that will not be the case.
nianchengyu

Postby 26mi235 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 pm

cheetah69 wrote:I'm sure my point is clear. [yawn]
Again anything [she got up this morning, start a thread on her alarm setting; did she hit the snooze button, did you?] involving SAFP deserves much more press.

So, go start a thread on SAFP, or go start your own board; with your personal style you will not attract very many posters.
26mi235

Postby cheetah69 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 am

26mi235 wrote:
cheetah69 wrote:I'm sure my point is clear. [yawn]
Again anything [she got up this morning, start a thread on her alarm setting; did she hit the snooze button, did you?] involving SAFP deserves much more press.

So, go start a thread on SAFP, or go start your own board; with your personal style you will not attract very many posters.

No. I chose to comment on this one in hopes of getting to the bottom of the fascination. It's all good. Some folks seem a bit upset or bothered by my questioning. So rather than continue riling up some feathers, I'll leave it be.

When she runs that 10.6 or even 10.7, I'll be back here handing out several apologies.
cheetah69

Postby cheetah69 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:10 am

weia wrote:The topic has been started by a Chinese athletics fan and I do not see the Europe-Europe card being played in the discussion. So what is it about? Someone sprinting fast for her age without doing a full sprint programm, that's giving room to speculation and that is what athletic fans like – otherwise there would not be need for a forum, rankings would be enough.
My speculation is that she will improve the national record 100 next year and when she will run 10.99 sometime it would be great. She also aims to break the national long jump record of 6.75. And I fear the records of our track club will be set on such a level that it will take a century to break them.

"Chinese athletics fan?" Say what? lol.
cheetah69

Re: Notice European awards -welcome to vote for Schippers

Postby nianchengyu » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:10 am

The varieties of awards in Euope has begun, fans are convenient to vote for these athletes.Schippers is among athletes compete for Euopean rising star of the year,here are the link,welcome everbody to vote for Schippers:
http://www.european-athletics.org/news/latest-news/496-general/12240-schippers-and-terzic-show-what-the-future-holds.html
nianchengyu

Re: Notice European awards -Schippers lost this title again

Postby nianchengyu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:34 am

Schippers lost the battle of contending European rising star again despite winning bronze medal at WC,in 2011 she lost to Jodie Williams of GBR likewise.Of course,it doesn't that important comparing to better performance year by year.Hoping better result in 2014, :D
nianchengyu

Postby Daisy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 am

nianchengyu wrote:Schippers lost the battle of contending European rising star again despite winning bronze medal at WC

May be she didn't win as she's no longer considered a rising star? It seems like she has made it to star status.
Last edited by Daisy on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daisy

Postby Flumpy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 am

Deffo. But why on earth did Jodie win???
Flumpy

Postby Daisy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Flumpy wrote:why on earth did Jodie win???

Williams won in 2011.
nianchengyu wrote:in 2011 she lost to Jodie Williams of GBR

Aníta Hinriksdóttir won it in 2013
Daisy

Postby Flumpy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:33 pm

HA!!! That makes much more sense. I misread it.
Flumpy

Re: Take notice of Schippers -focus on sprint this winter

Postby nianchengyu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Schippers was chosen as the athlete of 2013 in Dutch athletics,and this winter shje will focus on sprint,at least in major events.the following is her plan of competitions;
25-01-2014 PEC Indoor 60 meter
01-02-2014 Indoormeeting Karlsruhe 60 meter
15-02-2014 Sainsbury's Indoor Grand Prix 60 meter
23-02-2014 NK indoor Apeldoorn 60 meter
08-03-2014 WK indoor Sopot 60 meter
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers -7.23s in PEC Indoor in 2014

Postby nianchengyu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Dafne SA of Hellas Utrecht came out the summer season with a foot injury, had some training but that did not stop her running 7.28 sec and then 7.23 sec in final,which guarantees her a WIC-ticket in the 60 meters. the following races over the next few weeks are in Karlsruhe and Birmingham. Her coach Bart Bennema want her to do strong competitions which participate with stronger opponents. BTW,look at her first race in these seasons:
2011:7.28s 19th,Jan best of the season 7.28s
2012:7.25s 4th, Feb best of the season 7.19s
2013:7.27s 2nd,Feb best of the season 7.14s
2014:7.23s 15th,Jan best of the season ?
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers -7.24s 4th in Karsluhe

Postby nianchengyu » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Schippers ran 7.24s in heat,and again the same time in final.
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers - 2nd 6.43m LJ ipb in Bemingham

Postby nianchengyu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:22 am

Dafne schippers jumped 4 rounds in LJ,jumping 6.43m in 3rd round,leaving the last two jumps to prepare for 60m ,then she ran 7.19s SB in 60m heat, :D
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers - 2nd 6.43m LJ ipb,7.17s 4th in

Postby nianchengyu » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 am

16:02 - 60 METRES - Women - Final OFFICIAL RESULTS

1 Murielle AHOURE CIV 7.10 0.206
2 Shelly-Ann FRASER-PRYCE JAM 7.10 0.164 SB
3 Asha PHILIP GBR 7.12 0.128
4 Dafne SCHIPPERS NED 7.17 0.150 SB
5 Chauntae BAYNE USA 7.20 0.143
6 Ezinne OKPARABO NOR 7.21 0.156
7 Tahesia HARRIGAN-SCOTT IVB 7.23 0.147
8 Sophie PAPPS GBR 7.23 0.158
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers-won LJ and 60m at NC

Postby nianchengyu » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:26 am

Schippers won national LJ and 60m title with 6.27m and 7.25s respectively,she will adjust her best form to WIC 60m race.
nianchengyu

Re: Take notice of Schippers-7.18s in WIC semi-final

Postby nianchengyu » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:57 am

Although she performed better time than she did in 2012 Istanbul,dafne still missed the final:
Heat 1 :
1 673 Asha Philip GBR 7.18 Q 0.154
2 747 Dafne Schippers NED 7.19 Q 0.149
3 843 Natalia Pohrebniak UKR 7.30 Q 0.168
4 607 Sheniqua Ferguson BAH 7.31 q SB 0.165
5 725 Olga Safronova KAZ 7.35 0.166
6 602 Estefania Sebastian AND 7.83 0.256
7 757 Lovelite Detenamo NRU 7.94 NIR 0.203
Semi-final:
1 685 Verena Sailer GER 7.12 Q PB 0.163
2 848 Tianna Bartoletta USA 7.14 Q 0.205
3 712 Veronica Campbell-Brown JAM 7.17 q SB 0.182
4 747 Dafne Schippers NED 7.18 0.158
5 756 Ezinne Okparaebo NOR 7.19 0.159
6 632 Yongli Wei CHN 7.30 SB 0.167
7 843 Natalia Pohrebniak UKR 7.34 0.147
8 768 Marta Jeschke POL 7.41 0.193
nianchengyu

Postby olorin » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:44 am

nianchengyu wrote:Although she performed better time than she did in 2012 Istanbul,dafne still missed the final:
Heat 1 :
Semi-final:

It would be nice if in addition to the results you will also provide information about the quality of the performance (for example what is her PB and SB). This will allow us to learn more about your favourite athlete.
olorin

Postby nianchengyu » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:38 am

olorin wrote:
nianchengyu wrote:Although she performed better time than she did in 2012 Istanbul,dafne still missed the final:
Heat 1 :
Semi-final:

It would be nice if in addition to the results you will also provide information about the quality of the performance (for example what is her PB and SB). This will allow us to learn more about your favourite athlete.

Thanks for your attention.Her PB is 7.14s,SB is 7.17s in bimingham GP.
nianchengyu

PreviousNext