jumpers

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

jumpers

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:43 am

When will the US produce in the long jump and triple jump? Who are the major threats for 2004?

Re: jumpers

Postby bubba » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:45 am

That gold in the men's LJ at Worlds wasn't production?
bubba

Postby tandfman » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:57 am

And the World Indoors this year as well.
tandfman

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:19 am

Well it was not productive but Dwight won. He was the most productive long jumper in the world last year. Do they run under 10 in every hundred, do they run sub 13 in every hurdle race. TRUE he did not jump very far but he beat every other jumper. Even though I think i am a lot better than I showed on Aug 29 Dwight Pillips was the best producer on that day. I also recall that Dwight and Miguel won medals at Indoor World. So get your facts right B.i.t.c.h.
thanks and God bless

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:24 am

P.S. sorry about the profanity but lets talk about the 1500, the 5000, the 10000 when will they produce. All you people on this board do is talk about the overhyped U.S. distance runners and the athletes who win medals contined to be ignored. If we are gonna talk about lack of production make sure you event right and get off webb's jock.
And that my friends in the bottom line

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:25 am

make sure you het your event right. typo in the last post

Postby tandfman » Thu Oct 30, 2003 8:25 am

And let's not forget that we also won the men's LJ at last year's World Cup. (I'm sure Savante hasn't forgotten it.)
tandfman

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:13 am

As a fellow former Rebel, Savante I do truely appreciate your LJ accomplishments.

Thank you for your hard work, dedication and for continuing to be a regular poster on this board and keeping us middle distance and distance hounds honest.

Go Rebels!

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:36 am

Watch out for these names in the long jump this year. Savante Stringfellow(will probably be the best in the U.S. and top 3 in the world this year.) Miguel Pate, and Dwight Phillips. These guys will probably be representing us in the Olympics this year. In the triple jump, look for Walter Davis, Tim Rusan, Kenta Bell and watch out for newcomer Carl White(who has been battling injuries for a while. He is the former Tulane University star. He is in great shape and should be able to make a lot of noise in the event this year. So watch out.)

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:16 am

Watch for Alan Simms also in the TJ. Now that he's working with a proper coach in a proper program, he has started to cash in on the promise he showed as a freshman.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:12 pm

What's the status of Brian Johnson of Southern University? He got hurt early outdoors last spring. Does anybody know if he's back training, and if so, who's coaching him. I'm guessing he has some ability, winning the NCAA Indoor, as he did, coming out of a non-powerhouse program.

>Watch out for these names in the long jump this
>year. Savante Stringfellow(will probably be the
>best in the U.S. and top 3 in the world this
>year.) Miguel Pate, and Dwight Phillips. These
>guys will probably be representing us in the
>Olympics this year. In the triple jump, look for
>Walter Davis, Tim Rusan, Kenta Bell and watch out
>for newcomer Carl White(who has been battling
>injuries for a while. He is the former Tulane
>University star. He is in great shape and should
>be able to make a lot of noise in the event this
>year. So watch out.)

Postby Per Andersen » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:52 pm

Hey, Pole vaulters are jumpers too. What's going on there. Best American in 9th on the W-list, all three americans in Paris over 31 years old. Regime change is probably needed. This is an event the U.S. dominated for the best part of the last century. No good talking about the short pegs. They are here to stay and other jumpers are now approaching 6 meters again. Oscar Jansson ahead of any American!
The Long jumpers are doing just fine and in Stringfellow the U.S. has the most exciting long jumper in the world. When I watch him on T.V. I have the feeling he can hit the big one any time. He also has one of the two best names in all of sport. The other would be Daunte Culpepper.
Per Andersen

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:07 am

thanks but you said the most exciting long jumper. I think I am the most exciting athlete in track and field.
SUPERMAN WILL SOAR IN 2004

Postby 6 5.5hjsteve » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:11 am

I love your attitude, Savante. Go for it !
6 5.5hjsteve

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:55 am

Are you planning to jump over the judge again at Mt. Sac? This years meet was the first my girlfriend had seen and she thought it was hilarious!

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:07 am

who knows i just go with whatever is going on at that time so who knows...