What about Track On TV

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

What about Track On TV

Postby Donley » Sat May 03, 2003 11:20 am

I noticed the USC-UCLA dual meet is on Fox Sport West-2 this afternoon and also tomorrow I believe. Anyone know if the NCAA Regionals are going to be televised on Fox or somewhere else. I think I have noticed fewer NCAA meets on FOX from 2001 to 2002 and even fewer this year. It would be great if someone could put together a full schedule of the upcoming meets so I could decide if it was worth it to subscribe to the full blown set of Fox Regional Sports networks. Of course if the choose to show regionals say, after NCAA's are over that would pretty much ruin it.
Donley

Re: What about Track On TV

Postby Guest » Sat May 03, 2003 11:06 pm

it is funny how none of us, track fans, seem to know. i asked about the worlds schedule on a post a few days ago, but nobody knew. i think that abc and espn have agreed to televise the major iaaf meets for 2001-2003.
thanos

Postby Guest » Sat May 03, 2003 11:07 pm

it is funny how none of us, track fans, seem to know. i asked about the worlds schedule on a post a few days ago, but nobody knew. i think that abc and espn have agreed to televise the major iaaf meets for 2001-2003.
thanos

Postby Guest » Sun May 04, 2003 5:54 am

I'll get back with the full TV schedule for the Worlds, but I can tell you that ESPN (or ESPN2) will have 2-hour shows nightly during the week from Paris and ABC will have, I believe, about 3-1/2 hours on the final weekend.