Is it already time for cross country?

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Is it already time for cross country?

Postby dl » Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:59 pm

I know the Worlds just ended and many of you, like me, are eagerly anticipating Brussels (especially Geb's 10K WR attempt), but the collegiate cross country season has also begun. Here's a link to some results from this past weekend.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/re ... ntTypeID=2

In case you haven't received the September issue of T&FN yet, Sieg Lindstrom and I picked the top men's and women's teams and individuals.

Is anyone brave enough to post their top-10 picks, teams and/or individuals, this early in the season?
dl

Re: Is it already time for cross country?

Postby tafnut » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:33 pm

sigh . . . do we have to? For some reason I can't get into it till NCAA Nationals roll around. I bet you two were distance runners.
tafnut

Postby MJD » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:36 pm

>I
>bet you two were distance runners.

Not gh. Far from it based on his darkwing posts.
MJD

Postby dl » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:41 pm

Sh*t man, you don't have to do anything! :-) Since space is unlimited on the net, I figured those who wanted to discuss the collegiate harrier season instead of the international track campaign could put in their 2 cents.
dl

Postby tafnut » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:56 pm

I meant SL and DL. GH was a triple jumper! OK, knock yourself out on the XC thing - I'll get with the program soon.
tafnut

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:25 pm

I loved college cross. The smell of wet grass mixed with wet leaves, warming up while checking out the competition, discussing the course and your strategy - only to forget it all once the pain set in, running up the friggin' hill sideways with the blisters growing with each step, having to kick when all you want to do get to the damn finish line, man - what a sport - not pretty, not sexy, not even cool - just pure sport.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:37 pm

Nothing better than running on a cool autumn day. I'm ready for cross country season.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:41 pm

>Nothing better than running on a cool autumn day.<

Sure there is.

1 - Drinking beer on a warm summer day
2 - Drinking beer on a cold winter night
3 - Drinking beer on a . . . .

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:11 pm

Got the September issue today and just read (part of) it. 90% is very recent history so I didn't bother with that, took about 10 mins to scan the rest. However, saw the Cross Country section and thought "what the hell!", we just had the World's and there's more to come. Who cares about cross country? Same category as walking to me. Sorry T&F guys. Also got my apparent last re-newal notice - Ed, don't worry I'll mail a check tomorrow. My circ guys tell me you'd send three issues after I ran out anyway! Is that true? I'd like to diss them!