I Love Track-I love running

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

I Love Track-I love running

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:34 am

With all the talk of "drugs , cheating, politics" I thought the presentation of the World Track Champs on CBC was excellent. Watching full marathons and distance races were a treat. Watching both Mondor and Courtney Babcock lower our Canadian 5k record made the summer. I'm inspired to train and reach my own personal goals. Who ever is suspended this week ,I don't care. I love to run!

Re: I Love Track-I love running

Postby 6 5.5hjsteve » Wed Sep 03, 2003 11:49 am

good for you Vancouver, and I hope there are thousands more just like you. Do not let the slimy cheating minority infect you.

Good luck and have fun.
6 5.5hjsteve

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:32 pm

People who do nothing but preach doom and gloom infect more than the cheaters do. If you care about the sport, think only happy thoughts.

Postby DentyCracker » Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:09 am

I love Track and Field. I will always love it. Every positive drug test is depressing for me no matter who it is as it makes you wonder just who is clean. That is a bad thing. I agree that highlighting the good things is the way to go
DentyCracker

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:02 am

I agree. I was in Paris and will be in Sacramento and Helsinki. I am also trying to jog as much as I can with the hope that I can again complete a marathon.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:50 am

>I love Track and Field. I will always love it.
>Every positive drug test is depressing for me no
>matter who it is as it makes you wonder just who
>is clean.

If I thought there was a real effort to clean things up, I'd be happy about positive tests. Ironically, more people prosecuted for an offense in the short term generally leads to fewer offenses committed (as opposed to prosecuted) in the long term. A high-school example: more enforcement of dress-code rules leads to fewer violations of them.