regina jacobs eliminated in the 1500

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

regina jacobs eliminated in the 1500

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:08 pm

i watched today's race on tv and saw regina race at palo alto. there was a lot of contact at the WC race but regina is used to that, given her experience. she really slowed down in the last few meters, it was definitely a weird race for Jacobs. my first thought is that she did not want to advance to the final for whatever reason. champion runners who have a race well in hand do not just fall apart.

Re: regina jacobs eliminated in the 1500

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:57 am

the highlight of the meet...loved the look on her face when lewis told her she did not make the final

Re: regina jacobs eliminated in the 1500

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:15 am

<<i watched today's race on tv and saw regina race at palo alto. there was a lot of contact at the WC race but regina is used to that, given her experience. she really slowed down in the last few meters, it was definitely a weird race for Jacobs. my first thought is that she did not want to advance to the final for whatever reason. champion runners who have a race well in hand do not just fall apart.>>

A symptom of not running any races during the European season. She should have started her kick at the 1,200 mark to string the pack out, so that maybe she would have made it to the finish before the 5th runner in the heat beat her to the line to eliminate her.

Obviously, now she must change her strategy of staying away from Europe before the big meets. She did have a good season last year, before injuries caught up with her in late-August.