Jenny Adams looks mm-mm good!

Main message board: for the discussion of topical track & field items only.

Jenny Adams looks mm-mm good!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:12 pm

her voice is among the most annoying in track and field, however

Re: Jenny Adams looks mm-mm good!

Postby jweaton » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:07 pm

>her voice is among the most annoying in track and
>field, however

It's that Texas gal thang. I think she is living and training in Champaign Illinois now, so maybe that will temper it somewhat. OTOH, I've also heard that you can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl.
jweaton

Postby jhc68 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:10 pm

Yeah, no balls, but you listen, though, don't you!
jhc68

Postby Randy Treadway » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:21 pm

>I've also heard that you can take the girl out
>of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the girl.

The first time I saw Amy Acuff she had just joined the UCLA team and was down at Long Beach State on a cloudy January day for one of their pre-season all-comers outdoor meets.
I had no clue who she was, but she was doing leg windmill flexibility warmups in her UCLA uniform against the fence adjacent to the shot put area where I was getting ready to officiate.
I said "hi! how are ya?"
and she said "fine, I'm just hopin' those rain clouds hold off" in a heavily accented Texas voice-
which kind of blew me away because I don't think I'd ever heard a Texas accent like that in a UCLA uniform!
(being a freshman newcomer to the Southern California area she also didn't realize that you can't go by what the clouds look like when judging the likelihood of rain- the entire sky can be black and ugly looking, and it's STILL almost certainly NOT going to rain!)
Randy Treadway

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:19 pm

>her voice is among the most annoying in track and
>field, however

Yeah, I guess she's only good for lookin at

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:05 pm

I met her in a plane something like 3 weeks ago, when she was going to Zurich, and she was very interesting. And looked good. I took a picture with her, but there's not enough light.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:28 pm

Yes, we know! See "Way to Go Jenny Adams" thread way down the list. There's a wave of JA enthusiasm building!

Postby Bob Duncan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:25 pm

There is NOTHING at all wrong with that Texas accent. Remember another HJ great, Louise Ritter? She had a really heavy accent too. A really down to earth lady.

With so many good looking young women in track, why can't this sport become more popular in the USA? I don't get it. If the usual beer guzzling football fan would take a look at a few high jumpers, pole vaulters, or the Swedish women's team, they'd give up watching football forever.

Another hottie is Christine Arron of France. She got lots of camera action attention today, leading France to a NR in the 4x100 heats.
Bob Duncan

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:15 pm

I dragged a couple of friends to a sports bar to watch the 1998 Europeans and they thought all the women runners and jumpers were anorexic. (I live in Europe, obviously!)

And then came the shot put...

(On the other hand, I have a personal weakness for Russian hammer thrower Olga Kuzenkova.)

Postby Bob Duncan » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:31 pm

>On the other hand, I have a personal weakness for Russian hammer thrower Olga Kuzenkova

Wow. I saw her today for the first time! She kinda destroys all of the stereotypes for female weight event performers.

Watching Kuzenkova and some of the other former Soviet women in the women's 1500m heats (OK, I know they played a little rough) made me wonder how in the hell we (USA) ever had people like that as our mortal enemies years back. And of course, the Queen, Tatiana Grigorieva (www.tatiana.com.au)isn't even in this meet.
Bob Duncan

Postby MJD » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:36 pm

>www.tatiana.com.au

Holy smokes!
MJD

Postby Grazer » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:36 am

Find some pictures of Soviet women athletes! They were so pumped up with steroids and hormones to start with, and they weren't encouraged to do anything to make themselves look decent.
Grazer

Postby Frenchy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 am

She is one of the sexiest girl in sport...There is also Muriel Hurtis, Fiona May and more. I also think Torri Edwards's got a beautiful b..
Frenchy